[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I posted here a month ago asking how to sort my life out (24
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160325_195225532.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160325_195225532.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
I posted here a month ago asking how to sort my life out (24 y/o, UK). One person responded with getting a shit job and going from there, now I have a shit job what do I do now? How long should I be in said job.
>>
I'm lurking m8. Fill me in on your situation. Live with parents? Working where? Are you looking to move away or abroad?
>>
>>17098323
This.
>>
Thank you so much I love you.

I live with my Mum, she has supported my life. I never got the whole life thing and now I'm just fucked. I don't have prospects or anything like that I genuinely hate life currently.
>>
>>17098323
I work in a shop that sells children's clothes
>>
>>17098323
And I would love to move away from home yes.
>>
>>17098335
Take up some of the following ideas
>save up money
>own a car
>move out
>pay your own bills
>get fit
>meet new people
>learn new skill
>obtain a hobby

Yes easier said than done. And no you dont need to do them all at once. Like I said, more details the better. But it seems you need to mature and become more of an independent adult. Also, dont be content with your job, if its just a waiter or cashier or janitor or whatever. Look to climb the ranks. Look for a better job. More pay. More responsibility. And more life fulfilling.
>>
>>17098350
Yeah you're right thank you, so at what point should I start looking for a better job?
>>
When you get the most out of a job. If you know the most you can be is assistant manager, then you look elswhere where you can be a general manager or whatever. It sounds like you need to be more independant. Having a job is a good start. Keep at it. Save money and see where life takes you. Dont compare yourself to others your age that already have dream jobs or wives or whatever. If you compare yourself to others you'll always come up short.
>>
>>17098394
meant for >>17098367
>>
Not OP, but I felt like this is a good thread to post a quick question about jobs.

Lying on resumes, or how much/hard should IF its okay? Even for an entry level job in something like an IT position?
>>
>>17098407
Everyone lies on resumes. Its fine to exaggerate your responsibilities or tasks accomplished. I dont think its good to exaggerate job title or the job entirely. And stuff like degrees or criminal history, they can check that, so...
>>
>>17098394
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

But what if assistant manager role still makes me want to strangle myself. What if the most I could get out of it is just the money, what should I do then?
>>
>>17098427
Look for a job elswehere. The 'general rule' is never leave a job without having another one lined up. But yeah, look for a better job, even remotely in the field or industry you love. I guess the question you should ask yourself is, what do you love? Try to get into something related, anyway you can. Also, I don't know where you live and how viable this is. But I suggest getting a starting job in construction. You get fit because you're lifting all day. You get to learn very valuable trade whether its plumbing, lumber, electric, whatever. And the money is slightly better than minimum wage. Yes, after the first week you'll probably want to quit because the labor is too much. But keep at it m8.
>>
>>17098427
Yeah, that happened to me. I've been depressed as fuck since I'm 12 and when I obtained my job, a technical job that I can love and really want to improve my skills to be better at it, I thought I had it all. One year in it and I'm depressed again. What's different from when I started? Well, I'm in college and wake up at 5 am and get home at 12 pm. I don't have time for myself.
That's not your case. Go out more, enjoy being with yourself. You are in fucking Europe for fucks sake. There are so many art events and stuff happening right now that you could be attending. Even simple stuff like movies. Try to aim things that only happen once in a while, go and have fun. I used to collect things too, things from my favourite series, toys I used to have as a child. Whatever makes you happy.
The city can be very lonely at night, you can hide in your house/apartment as you covered yourself with a blanket when you were afraid to the dark, but if in this mess of a city you can find yourself you won against life.
>>
>>17098506
I have the proper papers to work on a site, I wouldn't mind doing that in all fairness. It sounds like the way forward.
>>
>>17098506
Where are you from? God bless you man, love you
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.