[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left during work shift, do i still get vacation time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 268x188
I worked a minimum wage job for almost two years. Was promised raises and promotions to shift manager for the last year of that. It never happened, and I got severely bitched at by my GM when I put my two weeks notice in. She bitched at me about it so much that I just got fed up and left during my shift.
My question is, do I still get paid for my unspent vacation time even though I just left like that? I have about 30 hours of vacation left.
>>
not if you got fired, which you most certainly did

lmao retard
>>
>>17098154

The company still owes him the vacation hours, fired or not.
>>
>>17098157
depends on what state or country he lives in, only about half of US states have laws saying they need to pay out vacation time in your last paycheck. If OP's living in a red state he's pretty much fucked.
>>
>>17098154
But I walked out, so how did I get fired? I quit.
>>
>>17098169
if you leave your post before your notice is up the company has to go through the formality of firing you
>>
File: 1462139100567.jpg (153 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1462139100567.jpg
153 KB, 480x476
>>17098141
No, they will make sure you don't get this time counted as vacation. Why would you just randomly put in your 2w notice anyhow? You have to play with the idea of leaving and gauge what your superiors would think. It's chess not checkers, bitch nigga.
>>
>>17098174
forgot to mention, that's for legal reasons so you can't claim they aren't paying you what you're owed

is this your first job or something
>>
>>17098176

Read the end part like Denzel
>>
>>17098176
It wasn't random. I told her that I was putting my two weeks in a few days before, but she wouldn't accept it and had me think about it. So when I came in, I officially put my two weeks in and that's when she started bitching at me.
I have another job lined up and I start tomorrow. it's a much better environment and higher pay.
>>
>>17098178
Yes. It is my first job. I'm only 18. I've been working there since I was 16
>>
>>17098193
What's the job? 5 Guys?
>>
>>17098240
KFC. In Florida. Owned by JRN, Inc.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.