[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get rid of oneitis or what should I do? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: b.png (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
b.png
5 KB, 300x300
How to get rid of oneitis or what should I do?

I've been to a festival with a group of friends 7 weeks ago and there was a girl I didn't meet yet, but she is cute as fuck and seemed to show interest. I added her on FB, she initiated a conversation and gave her number, after which we texted a lot (no escalating though..) +she added me on Snapchat. Few weeks later I see her again at a festival, again a lot of talking and possible IOI's. Texted her again that we should hang out, and she said "yes sure!", but when I tried to pick a date she wasn't free and later went on vacation.

I commented on a snapchat story of her on vacation ("looks good!" beach), then we had a conversation again and she also kept asking questions. Then I said we should grab a drink at a terrace when she's back, but then she said "I like you, but only as a friend", to which I replied: "Oh, I didn't get that idea".

Since then we haven't spoke to eachother again. If I am honest, I really think she was interested (IOI's like sharing her drink, giving me her icecream because she had enough, overheard her and her friend talk about "wether he(?) likes me or not", but I think that it took me too long (and over text) to show some interest instead of escalating in person (and the mood could've been different).

Anyways, I guess the answer is pretty clear, so I should just get over it? I will see her again in the future though, because our friends are friends, and it keeps me thinking about what I should do when we see each other in person again.

Any advice on what to do?
>>
>>17097832
>so I should just get over it?

she said she's not interested. what are you going to do, pull some huge romantic gesture? You gotta get over it

just play it cool and focus on being her friend and maybe MAYBE she'll come around later but not for a while and only if you don't make it worse by pursuing it even further
>>
>>17097869
Would it hurt to ask her best friend about it when I see her (in a few days)? (About what they were talking about on that festival for example, or if she knows anything). They are bff's (also just came back from vacation with her), so whatever I tell her might also reach her, but if it's over anyways then there shouldn't be a problem to casually bring it up, right? She might already know about that I asked her on a date anyways.
>>
>>17097888
honestly? yeah, it would. you know that if you asked her friend that shit would make it back to her crush.
it's won't come off as "romantic" it would come off as clingy and insecure that you asked this girl out and now you're badgering her friend. you just gotta relax homie :^)
>>
>>17097903
lololol i meant *YOUR crush

but yeah definitely don't bring it up ever again, just treat her like you do every over friend
>>
>>17097910
Alright, I won't do that then. And what did you mean earlier with "at least not for a while"? I am going to a festival in late July, where the entire group of friends (including her) is going to. Basically a 3 months gap (almost 4 months in person) when we will meet again (if we won't meet earlier before that).

I was just thinking about not bringing up anything of the past and just joke/flirt a bit. In the mean time I am just going to focus on other things and girls, because I really want to stop thinking about it.
>>
>>17097832
Almost over my oneitis, mine did not even read any message i sent her, take it from me stop having contact with her and meet other girls, at the start you will have to force yourself but it gets much easier after a while.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.