[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >be 18 >leave ex because they're a fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1367779199888.png (103 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1367779199888.png
103 KB, 246x232
>Be me
>be 18
>leave ex because they're a fucking horrible person in the throughs of addiction and our relationship is severely codependent
>I'm a recovering addict myself so I need to end things to heal and get better
>ex is also a huge part of the reason I became an addict in the first place
>fast forward 5 years later
>doing really well
>great job
>finishing college
>my own apartment
>healthy relationships with friends and family
>still clean

>mutual friend of ours who's also in recovery recently tells me my ex is getting clean
>my ex has also reached out to me twice trying to get in contact again
>I still have some resentments and residual feelings for them I'm still working through
>scared of being manipulated and used again
>scared of reverting back to the weak person I was when I knew them
>would also be great to have some closure
>also curious to catch up on everything that's happened since then

What do? Is it a bad idea to reconnect again?
>>
>>17097787

being a recovering addict is all about second chances. youd want one. give her one. this isnt to say you should date her. id maybe leave that where its at. but its okay to talk and get closure. ask a friend to be your 'self destruct' button and prevent you from getting into deep
>>
i don't think just talking to your ex is a bad idea in itself. it could be a worthy risk to take, and like you said, you're curious about how they ended up.

i think what the other anon said is a good idea. have a friend know the situation and tell them to look out for you if it looks like you're getting into addiction/an unhealthy relationship again. good luck OP!
>>
This part of your greentext concerns me:
>leave ex because they're a fucking horrible person
You don't owe your ex anything. Nothing at all. I'm not telling you not to get back in touch with them, but if you do, it should be because you want to have closure and catch up, not because you feel you owe it to them.
>>
>>17097976
This is the part of everything that has me freaking out inside. I can't figure out if the reason I want to talk to them is for closure, or if the codependent part of my brain is just trying to trick me into making bad decisions. I don't always feel like I can trust my own judgement when it comes to something I want.
>>
nope.jpg

do not. what the shit is "closure"??

here's your closure. you dumped her ass, rid yourself of the fucking parasite, and now you're going to see if she still sucks?

dude, you moved on, dont forget that. you got nothing to gain. seriously, think about it. best case scenario, what does that even look like? doesn't look very good to me.
>>
>>17098000

This. The first couple replies seem to like to play with fire. You have a good thing going in your life, don't get caught in something you have difficulty with.,
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.