[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm lost in my life. I graduated last year, studied
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: pobrane.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
I think I'm lost in my life.

I graduated last year, studied computer science at the best university in my region. It was so fucking hard and above my strengths, that I feel that I got burnout syndrome, since I feel little to no joy from working with code and in fact I'm almost 100% procrastinating. On the other hand I also fucked up my spine and rehabilitation costs me load of money. Guy on the rehabilitation says I shouldn't be sitting for too long. My job is based on it however.

I have no idea what to do. I invested 7 years of my lifetime for it and it backfired on me in spectacular way.

Give me some hints, guys. I have no idea what to do with my life anymore. Pić unrelated.
>>
Who says work is supposed to be fun?
>>
>>17097697
and stand up you fucking pussy.
>>
>>17097684
Get a standing desk.

And yes, a job will burn you out and you won't enjoy it.
>>
File: sudcr48-bk_00a_1.jpg (2 MB, 1866x2818) Image search: [Google]
sudcr48-bk_00a_1.jpg
2 MB, 1866x2818
>>
>>17097684
Surely some part of computer science might still give you joy though?
>you don't like sitting down and doing the bulk work
That's just one aspect of it. You can pay Pajeet to do it for you.
If you can figure out clever ways to make everything work, you're much more useful than someone who sits and codes.
>>
>>17097684
Fucking hell. Are you me?

Besides the job and spine stuff. I study computer science now and it's 100% not fun at all :(. No motivation to study or to work, no discipline, no idea where I'm headed. This sucks so much man
>>
Find a project you like, find the right point between amusement and stress. Do exercise 3 days at week.
>>
Damn, that'll probably be me in like, 4 years. Im studying something I don't like at all (marketing) but at the same time I don't know what should I do. It isn't related in anything I do in particular so I got no motivation, etc.
>>
>>17097684
I feel ya. I am a teacher and these last months I got some spine and stomach and chest and throat/head problems. Kids feel your weakness and try harder than ever to provoke chaos. That makes an otherwise enjoyable job a living hell because I can't really focus 100% when I need then to get their shit together. Weeks pass, then months and stress builds more and more.

I hope I get well so I can put everything back where it belongs. I feel like a king who has suddenly grown too old and can no longer keep order, getting outsmarted by plots his younger self would have quickly averted. Doctors find nothing so far, I seriously hope I'm not fucked.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.