[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf just broke up with me.. Can you give me some comfort and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
My gf just broke up with me.. Can you give me some comfort and protips how to get over this. I was the one who broke up first--> we thinked it out--> back together--> week goes, girl gives hints that maybe wants a break atleast--> this weekend says that wants to breakup, has crush on someone else. Was my first serious relationship, so really dont know how to cope with this.
>>
>>17096854
Chill with friends. Shitpost on 4chan. Do a hobby you like. Realize you wont even remember her name in like 5 years.
>>
>>17096856
Good advice. Just so new feeling, I kinda missed out all the good things in relationship, while i was in one. I missed singlelife, and now when i have it, I start to realize the good things in relationship.. Sucks
>>
>>17096869
Its important to have bad times in life and negative feelings. Can't have good times without the bad.
>>
>>17096878
Mmh true.. And this teaches valuable lessons.
>>
>>17096885
Yeah, might seem like the end of the world now but give it a few months and you'll adjust and be fine dude.
>>
It's been 2 months sinced my last relationship of 1.5 years went down the drain. The frist few days were numbing, but the month that followed that saw me steeped in a deep depression. There were some things I did that really helped to keep me afloat. Number 1, get in contact with your friends. I reconected with 2 friends from school and started chillin with my best bro more often when I was tired of just laying in bed all day. Having company to go out and do things with will help you rid yourself of some of those intial anxieties. Having a shoulder to cry on or a friend to vent to are worth their weight in gold.
Number 2, leave the house and do the things you want to do. I got back into hiking, started going to new restaurants and bars I had never heard of, and did some general exploration. The hiking was especially great because I was able to have some one on one time with my inner thoughts, while also being able to focus on a simple yet rewarding task: reaching a summit with a beautiful view. Number 3, try and start talking to girls again. Of course, this cones when you're a bit more in control of your emotions, can be having a brake down while on a potential date. I ended up getting drunk and hanging out with a lab partner from uni. This was about 3 weeks ago. We ended up kissing, but I was horrible. Jaw locked up, got nervous, etc. Thing of it is, now that I'm past that hurdle, the attempt of even kissing a girl after my break up, I feel way more confident. Me and her are only friends now, but least thats a new friend to smoke and hangout with.

I hope this helps anon
>>
>>17096854
trust me dude don't dwell on it. just move on, statistically there's at least two other girls are just like her on this planet.

if it helps just try to start naming off reasons why the relationship was totally cancerous
>>
Organize as many activities as you can with friends. Spend a lot of time outdoors. You will feel like shit for a little while but you will eventually get over her. Keep moving your life forwards and pursuing what you love to do.

If you're anything like me you've built up false ideas of what your future with her would look like. What your future house or kids would look like etc. When that vision is suddenly taken away from you it is absolutely heart breaking. But realize none of those visions were ever true.

Your brain will be cruel to you and make you think about what she might be doing at any given moment. You'll feel compelled to check up on her through Facebook or whatever. Fight the urge to do this. Even if it's nothing bad, your brain will twist it into something bad. You are better off not checking up on her at all.

Most important of all, learn from your last relationship and make the next one even better.
>>
>>17096914

>if it helps just try to start naming off reasons why the relationship was totally cancerous

Oh yeah, this helps so much. Write the reasons down. When you're thinking about her or wake up in the middle of the night from a dream about her, read your list.
>>
>>17096914
Mmh I try not to dwell, its just really hard.. even when you know there is another guy who she likes, and who was partially reason to breakup... Well thank god i got shitloasd shit to do and goals to chase(couldnt invest too much time to relationship too, was one reason for breakup), so maybe it helps!
>>
>>17096906
>>17096922
>>17096916
Thanks for tips!
>>
>>17096906
>>17096922
>>17096916
Thanks for tips!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.