[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I go to get friends? I'm gonna be 24 soon and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: original.png (249 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
original.png
249 KB, 500x418
Where should I go to get friends? I'm gonna be 24 soon and I have stopped being social at least 8 years ago, I miss having friends and someone to talk too. The people at work are just that, work buddies, nobody shows interests in hanging out.
>>
bump for interest, im 18 and in the same situation
>>
Join a club.
i.e. go to church, play soccer
>>
>>17096469
HOW TO GET FRIENDS

Don't look for friends.

Look for things to do. Join a gym, go to concerts, do volunteer work, take a "useless" class (cooking, art appreciation, auto repair) at a community college, hang out at the comic book store.

You'll meet other people doing the same thing, so it will be natural to chat. Eventually someone will suggest you all go out for coffee/drink afterward. Some of them will know other people. Some will be opposite-gender-type people.

I took a beginner cooking class. We were all awful at it, and laughed at each other and ourselves. I began to look forward to the classes for the company as much as the cooking. When we got brave enough, we started a "Come to my place for dinner and see if you survive" club, taking turns cooking for each other.
>>
>>17096661
But I work and commute so where do I get the time to do those things? Perhaps I can go to concerts as you said.
>>
>>17096738
There are classes that fit the schedule of a working individual, but you need to find something you really want to do enough to spend your evening and your money on it. Maybe something you've postponed for a long time because you found it silly, like the cooking mentioned, or painting, building robots, anything you really, really like but never find time to do.
>>
>>17096738
if you spend too much time working and commuting you need to get a new job or move.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.