[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice from resident potheads, please. I occasionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: adidas inspo.jpg (217 KB, 800x1180) Image search: [Google]
adidas inspo.jpg
217 KB, 800x1180
Need some advice from resident potheads, please.

I occasionally smoke weed every now and then, but I'm not a huge fan, I actually find it fucks me up worse than acid, MDMA, etc. Anyway, my friends and I smoked a really really strong strain the other day - I was actually worried it was laced it was that strong - and I think I almost had a panic attack, but I played it cool (somehow). However, in the days following this, the anxiety I felt has 'lingered', if you will. I feel on edge, and quite paranoid. For example, a random intrusive thought popped into my head the other day that my gf is cheating (very much not happening), usually I just ignore it, laugh at it, understand it's just a random thought, that me and my gf are happy, etc. This time, however, I hit paranoia central, stalking her internet accounts, thinking certain dudes are into her because they liked her Facebook picture, etc. I hit this paranoia-zone I've never been in before for like 20 minutes, it was crazy. Totally not like me at all, I'm usually chill.

Does this unreasonable paranoia and anxiety go away eventually? This weed has seriously fucked me up, in the short-term at least.
>>
Some people are more susceptible to paranoia and mental breaks than other when it comes to drug use, sounds like you're one of them.

For starters, yes it will go away in time but if you continue to smoke it can come back/get worse/drive you to a point where you think the pyramids contain the secrets to life and aliens are poisoning your water source or some other bullshit.

Sounds like you have a choice, listen to your body or don't and risk a hell of a lot more than thinking your GF is cheating
>>
>>17096158
I've smoked weed in the past and it's never been this bad, but I'm definitely laying off it now. I've always been an occasional smoker, one spliff and I'm good, but the stuff we bought was absolutely nuts. I can't get over how potent it was, it really caught me off guard.

My reaction to other drugs - even heavy psychedelics - is totally fine, though.
>>
>>17096170
You think your reaction to other drugs is fine but actually whatever you're using in total combines and alters your brain and thus affects your marijuana experiences.

Lay off the fucking mind-bending drugs if smoking a bit of sativa strain weed is causing you such an issue. You don't know, you might have "dormant schizo-whatever" and you're about to unlock it.

All those drugs are so shitty, kids are so stupid chasing these petty little experiences and sensations from street drugs. The psychedelic movement in the 60s was a government psy-op to neutralize a generation of potential rebels by turning them into dopey hippies. And it worked!

OP, I actually am similarly sensitive to potent sativa strain weed like you. If you want to avoid these lapses into mini schizophrenia, I advise you with the obvious STOP SMOKING WEED.

It's the most insidious, deceptive drug around. Before you know it you'll be a 24/7 stoner saying "smoke moar" to paranoid newbies. Just watch one of the innumerable weed youtube channels to see how pathetic the drug is. Everyone thinks they're so fucking cool "oh bro this is og shit stain strain, got me super high".

Fuck weed and fuck the cannabis culture. What a glorious time it will be in 20-30 years when the famous weedtubers are all dying from emphysema and lung cancer.
>>
>>17096147
Ya I was lucky when I was growing up all there was to get was shitty brown weed.

Then as I grew up there was more and more stronger weed coming along so we gradually worked our way up to the potent stuff.

But you kids nowadays, the first hit you take is some str8 killa and you guys go and jump off a cliff from the anxiety.
>>
>>17096147
SMONK WEEDS EACH DAY
ITS TASTY

You fucking drug addled degenerates never learn, do you? Society tells you you shouldn't do it. The government tells you you shouldn't do it. The police tell you you shouldn't do it. Your parents say not to do it. Your teachers say not to do it.

But you choose to disregard all of that, because you "know better", right? You listen to other degenerate junkies who tell you it's perfectly fine, ignoring the fact that taking advice from an addict might not be the best idea, and that they have a vested intrest in bringing you down so that they're not the only one. Or you listen to your drug pusher, even though he's much more worried about having the money ready for his supplier so he doesn't get shot than he is about your saftey.

You willingly do all of this, then you somehow have the audacity to act surprised when it all goes wrong.
>>
>>17096147
Vaudeville joke from 100 years ago:

PATIENT (moving arm or something): Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
DOCTOR: So don't do that!

YOU: Smoking weed really fucks me up
US: . . . . . .
>>
File: 1461676955779.jpg (684 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1461676955779.jpg
684 KB, 2448x3264
>>17096500
>>17096535
lol, calm down, i'm not a fucking heroin addict, i just got fucked off a potent satvia strain.

other drugs don't effect me like this, i know what i'm doing with them. weed just does something to me though, i don't think I agree with THC very well.

I do agree that weed is super deceptive, though. It's a lot more dangerous than people let on, same with alcohol.

>>17096516
I don't know wtf was in this weed, man. It was crazy. It wasn't just me it fucked up, the people I smoked it with were also totally blasted off it. Definitely not touching weed again, tho.
>>
File: Idle Labor.jpg (56 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Idle Labor.jpg
56 KB, 300x300
>>17096557
The question I'm asking is "Does this unreasonable paranoia and anxiety go away eventually?" after smoking weed. I do not plan on smoking weed again. This is not a question of asking "When does this go away so I can smoke more?", it's just "In your experience potheads, when does this sort of thing go away?"
>>
>>17096535
Not at all sir, I accept my fate.
Though I do agree with your rant.
>>
>>17096582
Never had unreasonable paranoia from weed. When I'm stoned I become unreasonably paranoid that people know I'm stoned. Then I remember I'm stoned and just don't care.
Seek help my schizophrenic friend.
>>
>>17096629
Okay, interesting. That's normally what it's like for me, but I get a bit more socially anxious. Paranoia is pretty common on "bad trips" on weed, but this is the first time I've had it so I'm stopping it dead.

I'm not schizo, I just have mild anxiety and I'm running through a rough patch re: self esteem atm. I think the both of these just combined with the bad weed and made me paranoid about my girlfriend, negative thoughts devolving into a paranoid state of mind.

I doubt a therapist would diagnose me with schizophrenia if I walked into his office and said "Hi, I got high and got paranoid about my gf cheating on me". I'm pretty sure schizophrenia is symptomatic with more delusional thoughts.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.