[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bf's parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x591
I feel like my bf's parents aren't exactly thrilled with his choice. It hurts. What do i do? Do i ignore it and act as if everything is good?
>>
Why do you feel that way?
>>
>>17095440
Parents rarely are, especially at first.
>>
>>17095442
I'm older than him.
We are only dating since 6 months but will move in together in a few months. He's been living at home till now so i will be "stealing their little boy". He's the youngest of the family and the last one to move out.
And i also have a child.

They do have a point, externaly seen. But after all, it's his choice
>>
>>17095445
Maybe i'm just spoiled. My own parents always got out if their way to make a new bf/gf feel welcome in our family...
>>
Fair enough. They might not think he's ready for something serious (kid involved), and more don't like situation than not liking you personally. What are your ages?
>>
>>17095440
>find girl that i think is decent
>bring her home to family.
>looks of disgust all around "you could do better"
>10 years later figure out they were right all along. dump her.
Good luck femanon.
>>
>>17095451
My boyfriend's parents are like that, but only because they knew me before he and I started dating.
>>
>>17095455
I get that this is a serious concern For them. But bf and i aren't threading this lightly either. We talk abiout those issues open and honestly and every single one of those decisions was a conscious one that we have weighted the pros and cons beforehand. We don't just rush in mindlessly...
He's 22, i'm 27.
>>
>>17095463
Yeah, I'm betting that's the major hurtle here. As time goes on and they see things working out (hopefully) they will see everything is good
>>
>>17095456
Problem is, their concerns are about the circumstances, not about me being a good gf or making their son happy. The main problem is that the mom is a bit overbearing and was hoping that he'll stay with them for a little longer. The classic "kids are gone, what now" scenario.
And i also understand that they think it will bring difficulties that i have a kid. If it wasn't for the kid, they would not think he "could do better".
>>
>>17095470
I hope you're right. We plan to have a baby together sometimes in the future. Maybe when we are "officially" a family, they'll be able to accept the circumstances better.
>>
>>17095440
>What do i do?
Get over it. Some people just won't like you. Maybe under different circumstances they'd be your best friend, maybe their dislike of you has nothing to do with you personally, or maybe they just think you're a cunt. And you'll never truly know. That's the way the world is. Shit happens. Pull your socks up and deal with it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.