[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choosing Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 115847-113843.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
115847-113843.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
What's important when choosing friends?

I've had a few toxic friendships and I don't want anymore of it.
I tell my friends when they cross the line but some just continue to make me feel like shit.

How do you choose friends? How do you know when it's time to cut them out of your life?
>>
>How do you know when it's time to cut them out of your life?
when they cross the line but some just continue to make you feel like shit.
>>
Things you should expect from
Your friends:

>Make me feel good about being me.
>Affirm my best qualities (especially when I am feeling insecure)
>Call out the best in me, and hold me accountable to the best version of myself.
>Listen without judging or trying to fix me.
>Give me the benefit of the doubt.
>Extend grace to me when I am grumpy or having a bad day.
>Remember my birthday, favorite foods, music, and art.
>Know my story and love me regardless.
>Spend time with me, just because they enjoy my company.
>Speak well of me when I am not present.
>Serve me with a joyful spirit and without complaining.
>Speak the truth to me when no one
else will.
>Never shame me, diminish me, or
make me feel small.
>Become excited about what I am
excited about.
>Celebrate my wins!
>>
>>17095151
My list:
loyalty
understanding
common interests

When it becomes a chore to be with them
You feel more drained than happy after seeing them
They use you
Get you in situations that aren't good
>>
>>17095151

you choose friends based on who is convenient fun and supportive.

you cut friends out when they become too much of a hassle and dont have any reason to improve. people often inform them of their flaws and try to help them improve. some just ditch immediately. for many it varies depending on how close they are.

if someone is 90% take and 10% give, they shouldnt be in your life.
>>
>What's important when choosing friends?
I think character is the most important.

>How do you choose friends?
When they see me as I am, and not project on me or make assumptions. When they don't think only ill of me. They should be lovers of truth, and not lie. Always, always tell me the truth. No powergame players, trying to dominate, or one-up you. Believe in me. Accept me as I am. Try to understand. Be curious about and interested in me. Remember things about me, likes and dislikes. Care about me and my wellbeing. Supportive.

When they don't like me for myself.
When they continuously disrespect me/aren't polite.
When they just want to use you or only see you as a source of love.
>>
>>17095200
female detected

1. trust and integrity
2. the ability to speak freely, no sugar coating, no holding back when i might be wrong
3. enjoy eachothers company
3. similar ideals and hobbies
5. not a bitch made faggot
>>
I choose friends as if I'm choosing members of a team. Reliable, hardworking, and intelligence are must-have. I also tend to throw away negative people swiftly so I don't get negative myself like I tend to.
>>
I choose not
>>
>>17095200
Thats a shit list
You are asking for what is called a fake lying freind
A true freind is someone who calls out on your mistakes, enjoys your company, shares similar hobby, doesnt pamper like a faggot, someone I see with equal footing, offers support when Im down and in a pinch but call me a faggot when I dont work to solve my problems
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.