[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>girlfriend of 5 years whom I live with asks to borrow our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1452434897767.jpg (112 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1452434897767.jpg
112 KB, 800x600
>girlfriend of 5 years whom I live with asks to borrow our car after work on thursday
>we normally carpool to / from work together, but she says that she'll drive me home first before she goes to her family gathering
>sure, no problem, we agree on a time to leave so she can drop me off at home
>agreed upon time arrives, i'm ready to go but my boss wants to talk to me for 5 minutes so my girlfriend has to wait in my office for me for 5 minutes
>get back from convo, girlfriend says she doesn't want to bring me home because I'm "late" and that she doesn't have enough time
>I get annoyed because this fucks up my whole afternoon that I scheduled around her, now I have to take the bus home, and my dinner plans are shot - basically nothing to eat for dinner
later
>girlfriend gets home from having borrowed the car
>i'm sitting silently in my office browsing the web because i'm annoyed, generally not in a good mood
>girlfriend comes in and starts badgering me, asking why I'm annoyed, and I tell her that she fucked up my whole day for no reason when I was trying to do her a favor
>she tells me I can't be annoyed about that (?)
>she storms off in a huff
>haven't spoken a word to her since thursday night
>sitting in my office with my door closed right now, and sleeping in my guest bed again tonight I guess

Women are honestly the biggest pain in the ass. I wasn't even that mad until she told me that I had no right to be annoyed.

I'm basically sitting here stewing in rage because she has fucked up my whole weekend by refusing to talk to me. I think she's waiting for me to apologize for being annoyed with her, which I'm not going to do because I had a right to be annoyed.

The thing that really gets me is that she obviously doesn't even understand why I'm mad.

I'd value any response since I don't really have any close friends to confide in, but if not I just wanted to get this out there.

Do I continue my stalwart silence until she speaks first?
>>
Don't cave.

She blew up over a minor inconvenience.
>>
what was she going to? was it something important? if it was just some family barbecue or something she's being a cunt. if it was something actually serious maybe she has a point.
>>
>>17094828

I never cave, but that's what I'm worried about here.

Normally whenever this happens (the not speaking for several hours / a day) she always realizes she was wrong and apologizes after some time.

This is the longest that we haven't spoken. I don't even think she thinks she did something bad / to annoy me in the first place.

>>17094835

She was borrowing the car to go to dinner with her parents. The reason she was dropping me off early was because she had a meeting with her boss before that. We only live 15 minutes from our workplace and we were leaving an hour before the meeting, so a 5 minute delay was in no way jeopardizing her getting to the meeting.
>>
You could just stop being a bitch and have a conversation about it?
>>
>>17094901

Obviously. At this point I'm rethinking even dating her though.

If we can't bridge our differences about this and if she cannot even respect me in even a basic way, maybe it's not worth dating.

Would suck to start again after 5 years of dating though.
>>
>>17094943
>Would suck to start again after 5 years of dating though.

Would it? The alternative could be much much worse
>>
>>17094957

What, wasting my entire life with someone I hate?

Yeah, don't remind me.

Who knows if this is a 'grass is greener' scenario though. She's genuinely good to me most of the time and I am generally able to put aside when she's rude to me because she's my best friend.

Maybe I'm settling here because I'm just too lazy to find someone better, if there even is someone better.

I mean, is it normal for women to just be rude to you over small shit?

For example, I get yelled at when I leave a light on in the living room while I am getting ready for bed because I'll be heading back there for a few moments.

Or when I roll around too much in bed, or when I try to change the temp on the central AC. Or when I take snapchats of my food while I'm cooking because I enjoy sending them to my coworkers

I have no idea if general rudeness is a normal thing that all women suffer from or if my gf is just being bad to me.
>>
>>17094817
This is why you should just jacking off instead of trading your sanity for access to a wet hole.

When this relationship implodes don't make the same mistake again.

Being single is seriously the best fucking thing in the world. Never trade it for anything men and women do not make really good "partners" in almost all cases.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.