[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, my mom just works and sleeps. She's been through a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461326448403.jpg (607 KB, 1809x1364) Image search: [Google]
1461326448403.jpg
607 KB, 1809x1364
Hey, my mom just works and sleeps.
She's been through a sad phase, so I want to give her something that she will enjoy spend time, but nothing like books, because she sleeps reading them.
She needs a new hobbie, what do you sugest?
Please, this is serious, don't give me a dirty advice.
>>
Watch funny movies/TV shows with her to cheer her up and suggest going painting together at a pottery place or maybe just at home to get her feelings/thoughts out on a canvas.
>>
>>17094374
the best thing you can give your parents is your time.
>>
play games with her? Like board games maybe? I don't know...
I haven't talked to my mom in years...
>>
>>17094374
Get her some sewing/crocheting/other small-scale handicraft supplies and some learning material as well or just point her to some online resources. Other similar hobbies include basketry/weaving, leatherwork, woodwork/carpentry, needlepoint, and pottery. Could also get her art supplies like paint or shit.
>>
>>17094461
>>17094458
>>17094474
>>17094518
The obvious isn't clear to me sometimes, thanks!
>>
the best thing you can give your mother is your dick
>>
>>17094520
Just be happy you aren't a cancerous son like I was.
I don't even know what I would say to her after all this time.
Good on you OP. Make your mom happy.
>>
File: 515947785169.jpg (116 KB, 719x534) Image search: [Google]
515947785169.jpg
116 KB, 719x534
>>17094520
It doesn't matter what you do as long as you spend time with her. Visit a garden(which is great this time of year). I lived in florida for 4 years and would fly my mother down to visit once a year and there were some amazing gardens in sarasota.

My mom also loves birdwatching and helps with the bird counts and migrations for the Audubon Society. If your mother likes nature that's a nice relaxing hobby for anyone to get into. Get a couple of binoculars, one for you and one for her, an identification book of all the birds in your region, and then go to a park and find some neat birds you wouldn't normally see if you weren't looking for them. You can find a list of all the birds in your area online as well to print and when you see a bird check it off the list until you've seen em all. A real life pokemon just without the violence.

People get hardcore into that hobby. One year we had a very very rare bird that was nesting in our backyard. My mom posted a picture of it on one of the Birdcount Audubon sites and people from all over the world came to our house just to see this bird. At least a hundred people. One couple came from Germany and another from the UK that I know of. Everyday there were a few cars parked on our driveway with binoculars just so they could see this bird and cross it off of their life bird-see list. They were all kinds of different ages as well. Some were in their twenties and some as old as 90. One little old lady cried when she finally got to cross that bird off her list because she had been looking for so long. It was adorable.

I'm not so big in the bird counting part myself but I love photography and go out with her sometimes just to get some nice photos(pic related).
>>
>>17094654
That's a noice looking burb
>>
Buy her flowers just because. If you've never done it, it may feel weird. But trust me your mom will love it.

Maybe I'm just a loser momma' boy but I love drinking tea and working on puzzles with my mom some evenings.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.