[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 23 and made a C average in high school. Is it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: campus.jpg (597 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
campus.jpg
597 KB, 2048x1536
I'm 23 and made a C average in high school. Is it possible for me to take some kind of admission test to get into a good collage. I did bounce in and out of foster care in high school so that kind of fucked my grades.
>>
no, and you wouldn't pass such a test anyways. what there is an essay or two and going to the admissions office to talk to them.
>>
>>17094230
Look into a transfer degree from an acceptable community college. If you get a 2 year degree from a 2 year school and then transfer into university, they won't even look at your high school grades. Just be sure you do well at the 2 year school.
>>
Community College and regionally accredited online universities are both options, and you can transfer from either one.
>>
>>17094246
pretty much this OP. I was a highschool drop out. Went to a community college and had a 3.8 gpa there. Got accepted into the university of florida after that. Just graduated with a 3.9. Its easy, just take it seriously now that you are older.
>>
>>17094241
this. wait 2 semesters or 3.

figure out what you want to major in

knock out all your 101 or gen req courses

and absolutely tear it the fuck up. the ball's in your court, fucking do it.

and always remember that if you do get into a 'good' school or the school you want to get into, those course are going to be WAY different than your community college courses, so don't slack. it's so easy for schools to academically leave transfer students especially
>>
>>17094323
OK sounds good, I was pretty disadvantaged as a child. Are there any scholarships available if you do well enough, in a community college?
>>
>>17094303
Nice, did you have to take the SAT?
>>
>>17094230
Not a chance. For starters, you can't even correctly spell "college."
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.