[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know what to major in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image_16.jpg (193 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image_16.jpg
193 KB, 1080x1080
Help /adv/ I got accepted into uni but i have no idea what to major in I'm leaning towards medicine but I also want to get into technology and business I've never applied myself in math so I don't know if computer science is my best option, thanks in advance
>>
I suppose the first question is how long do you want to be at uni?

Because there is a huge difference between four and ten years of uni.
>>
>>17093994
Do anthropology.
>>
>>17094010
Oh yes I wanted to be in school max 6 years I was deciding on going to PA school after uni or trying to get an MBA in something but idk what I want to major in first ...or maybe get a bachelor's in CIS or computer science I have no idea if I'm smart enough though
>>
>>17094023

Are you into arts or any creative stuff like that?

Do you like animals or helping other people in any way? Are you good with your hands?

Sorry if these are lots of questions, but I need to narrow your choices down a little.
>>
>>17094067
I think I'm creative but not necessarily artistic or talented I do like helping people hence why Im thinking about medicine (im good with gore but dealing with unhygienic will get to me) but I also enjoy technology even though I haven't even learned basic programming and stuff.. im not the best at labor work and I haven't had alot of experience working with my hands
>>
>>17094097

One last question: Which matters more, the money or the satisfaction with your life and job?
>>
>>17094124
Honestly I come from a really poor family so anything over 40k would make me feel rich so I have to lean more with satisfaction
>>
>>17094135

You could pursue some sort of social work job. I mean you could become a counselor in six years if you try hard enough. It sounds to me like you want to help people, but you don't have to have direct physical contact with them to help them.

Psychology, sociology, and other social sciences are potential options.

I narrowed down the options in order to have other people voice their input too, so don't just take my suggestions.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.