[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking a jew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Unknown.png (1 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
1 KB, 263x191
Ask a Jew a question.
>>
>>17093825
Where were you born?
Where are you now?
How do you know you are Jew?
Are you circumcised?
>>
What is your favourite cereal?
>>
I was born in America, Live in America, I know i am a jew because i practice judaism, i am circumcised, my favorite cereal is fruity pebbles
>>
>>17093825
I don't know why they didn't teach me this in all the history classes in my school but:

WHY "everybody" hates JEWS?
Seriously, you only killed Jezus according to bible and that really seems off to hate and persecute whole nation through millennium. Even in literature, I had the
required reading one book which was just 100 poems put together into book. Two of them was all about jews are source of all the problems, lets hang them on the nearest tree. I guess the teacher didn't read them all so it just slipped in, but still.

This is the said book, you can use translator if you want:
https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slezsk%C3%A9_p%C3%ADsn%C4%9B

I am not talking about the Hitler or /pol/, but before. Do you have such knowledge as a Jew from USA? I find this Jew hate so ridiculous. Hell, it has even word dedicated to that: Antisemitism.
>>
>>17093825
My mom's maiden name is Davitz. Is that a Jew name? She doesn't talk about her ancestry.
>>
do you like the nazi's ?
>>
How big is your nose?
>>
>>17093890
It's because of what the Jewish people do to the host nation. There is a reason they have been getting kicked out countries for thousands of years.
>>
>>17094086
what do they do?
>>
>>17094133
Destroy it from the inside.
>>
>>17093825
You guys are constantly discriminated against. How can you do this to other groups knowing that?
>>
Why do ppl call jews kikes?
>>
The people I live with claim that being Jewish is a nationality, whereas I understand it to be a religion and nothing more.

Who is right here?
>>
I'm also jew. I wanna meet jewish qts 'cause I care about the culture, but I hate doing religious stuff. Any advice?
>>
>>17093825
How did you get jet fuel to melt steel beams?
>>
>>17093890
>>17093890

Am the other jew in thread, not OP. Christian jewish hate gets started because christian jewish split was really messy. In Rome, you were only allowed to be part of a state sanctioned religion, and when the Jews said that Christians were heretics the romans started persecuting them because they weren't part of a protected relgious class anymore. Afterwards when the christians spread through upper classes of Roman society, they pass laws stripping jews of all positions within Roman government and make it illegal for them to have certain careers in Roman society. After the western roman empire falls, persecution continues because the pope uses jews as a stepping stone for more power. Jews of course aren't the only group that gets blamed here, a lot of christian breakaway sects are fought as "heresies" also, but jews are the only ones still around. The same happens with kings, who use jews as tax collectors that they can write off afterwards when society gets upset. They also generally use jews as leverage over the upper class, put them in debt, and then offer to exile the jews if the aristocracy becomes subservient to a new king.

As for normal people, jews are weird foreigners that often speak another language, so for the most part its normal racism mixed with relgious stuff because of what the church is preaching. A lot of the stereotypes happen because jews form tight community bonds internationally (like Armenians and Chinese during same period, or phonecians histo[rically) and tend to be traders, so seeing a weird stranger passing through your town, and suddenly the jews help him set up shop and sell stuff, and it seems like there's a conspiracy or something when in actuality its just people being friendly.
>>
>>17095215
Later on, as nationalism becomes a thing jews also get caught in the mixer because they're a foreign group, like gypies and a variety of historical peoples in europe. Anti-semitism itself tends to be more modern, and part of certain german theories about race during the 1900's, where people thought that nation-states should be racially based, and classified jews differently.

Muslim hated of jews goes back to a specific falling out Muhammed had with jewish tribes in arabia, which generally spreads to muslim groupss afterwards. Otherwise, its majorly conflated with Israel, which arabs hate as being historically part of the british colonial project in the middle east.
>>
>>17095218

>>17095218
ultimately, jews aren't actually a special group at all, besides the fact that they've been around for a long time, probably because of geographic spread. Tons of other groups (religion, class, even "untouchable" people, like they have in India" existed in Europe and were hated for the same reasons throughout european history, but they were wiped out because they tended to only exist in specific places and were usually all killed at once by armies from the host country.

Jews, having international contacts and generally speaking more than one language which is a rarity for most of history, have the option to flee to international communities that will support them when shit goes down in a single place. I suspect gypsies have survived to the present because of similar reasons.

Personally, my ancestors have fled from violence in a clockwise pattern from Italy to Spain, France, Germany(general region), Czech republic, poland, then lithuania before leaving to the United States. They'd noramlly hid out at a rabinnical school and get help establishing themselves from the local jewish community because of religious obligations to help other jews, which generally isn't well liked by people in the area, because strange people moving in and immediately establishing bases of support and businesses in towns is a weird aspect of middle eastern cultures that is strange to people whose cultures don't have those elements.
>>
>>17094427
kike means circle, which people called jews because they used to sign documents with a circle instead of a cross
>>
>>17094438

Jews are technically an early iron age tribal coalition whose descendants have survived to the present day with the same ethnic identity. The people you live with use nationalism as a point because its a better known metaphor today. Truth is that people can join a tribe, so people can join judaism, which is theoretically what the conversion process is. There are specific religious traditions that jews have which survived from that time, but it'd be weird to categorize them separately from the people. Assyrians worshiped the god Assur, jews worshiped the god Yahweh. Since the religion was intertwined with the society, which is the same model that jews still use, its not really a religion in the sense of belief. You can believe in judaism and not be a jew, because the religion itself isn't the defining feature, the tribal membership is.
>>
Y'all are kewl (except Netanyahu). But tell me, who is the greatest Yid of them all?

And what's the attitude held by Juden towards the other genocides like the Armenian one, Holodomor, Halabja, etc, ??
>>
>>17095380

depends on the category.Excluding biblical stuff, religiously probably Rabbi Judah the Prince because he essentially created modern judaism after the failed jewish revolts against Rome. He ran around interviewing people and collecting religious knowledge so it wouldn't be lost, negotiated the new status of jews in the roman empire and organized the writing of the Talmud with another guy. You can get runners up like Rashi, Maimonides, Baal Shem Tov, but no one's gonna put them above him, unless they're a chabad guy who thinks that Menachem Mendel Schneerson is the messiah.

Politically almost everyone's gonna say Theodore Herzl. There are a lot of other famous or potentially influential politicians of jewish decent, (Disraeli, etc) but Herzl's gonna get credit for giving back to the jewish people itself. Otherwise probs an Israeli political leader.

Those two are gonna be top of the list, to be honest.

Jews always tend to acknowledge other genocides and tend to be really sympathetic. There are always a lot of efforts by Jewish groups to raise charity and also lobby US congress to intervene when a group is being genocides somewhere.
>>
The Jews are responsible for every major war
>>
forgot to mention this in last post, but Hillel the Elder, who lived from 110-10 BCE, might be the only person capable of giving Judah the Prince a run for his money. Hillel literally invented the concept of biblical interpretation and created rules for how it was supposed to be done. He's the reason that people don't expressly read the bible literally today.
>>
what makes u jewish? the religion or being born to one?
>>
Can jew sweat heal rashes?
>>
>>17093825
Hitler: A misunderstood good guy doing what he thought was best for his country or a troublemaker?
>>
Do you really control Hollywood?

Can you introduce me to Rachel Weisz, or failing that get me a pair of her panties?
>>
>>17095597

being born to one. Non-jews can join through the religion, but the religion isn't the defining point.

It's why nationality gets brought up a lot because its similar. You can be an American citizen through being born to US parents/in the US or by immigrating and learning the culture and passing a citizenship test to become a citizen. You can be born a jew or convert by showing a commitment to the culture and trying to live by jewish religious/philosophical values
>>
>>17093825
thoughts on circumcision
>>
>>17093825
why wont u stop the madness?
>>
>>17093825
Do you think letting animals die from blood loss by cutting their throats without tranquilizing them first is still justifiable in modern times?
>>
>>17095628

I'm atheist and don't care for the practice but will end up doing it to any son I have because I don't wanna be the guy who breaks the 3000 year old meme combo. Otherwise, human culture is weird and people do dumb shit, like binding their feet, flattening their skulls, or lengthening their necks. I'm probably not going to change my mind on circumcision for any [CURRENT YEAR] moralistic argument.
>>
>>17095640

I see and agree with the argument from the perspective of lessening pain for the animal, but personally think that outlawing cutting an animals throat is stupid as long as you're going to let people eat meat anyway. Certain jewish movements are almost guaranteed to change the definition of ritual slaughter to better adhere to modern norms. (Reform,Conservative, and Reconstructionist Judaism) in an attempt to have an animal suffer less (because that's the reason for the law in the first place), but theological change is really slow in Judaism and outlawing current forms of ritual slaughter while the debate is ongoing is just going to make people (prob muslims as well as jews) upset in the short term. A better position would be to support groups in the Jewish community that want to change those laws, although you'll still have a minority of people somewhere that want to do things the old fashion way. But once again i'm viewing this from an American "negative freedom" and freedom of religion perspective, so I'm a bit biased.
>>
Apple jews or orange jews? Serious question
Also why don't you guys take advantage of that victim complex like muslims do whenever they have a disagreement? You seem to be much more civilized.
>>
אתה יודע עברית?
>>
>>17096151
Are you fucking kidding? The only reason Israel exists is because jews constantly take advantage of white guilt.
>>
>>17096223

yep. took a significant amount of classes in it, lived in Israel for a bit
>>
>>17093832

i honestly really like honey bunches of oats
>>
Israel is a terrorist state founded by terrorists.
>>
I don't understand Judaism. Is it a race or a religion? How can you be oppressed but also apparently controlling all the money? Why does the world have so much hate for what appears to be a much of white people? How come no one who goes on and on about privilege seems to give a shit about the jews?
I don't get it. I don't get it at all.
>>
File: 1459180519825.jpg (37 KB, 325x421) Image search: [Google]
1459180519825.jpg
37 KB, 325x421
>>17093825
>Ask a Jew a question.
Does this belong to you? I found it in my garage.
>>
File: 1455379054423.jpg (31 KB, 305x305) Image search: [Google]
1455379054423.jpg
31 KB, 305x305
>>17097004
Do you fancy a game of monopoly?
>>
File: 1460281518132.jpg (1 MB, 1518x1372) Image search: [Google]
1460281518132.jpg
1 MB, 1518x1372
>>17097009
I think this might be your as well, I wish you wouldn't leave your stuff laying around in my garage mate.
>>
File: 1455379741970.jpg (31 KB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
1455379741970.jpg
31 KB, 383x576
>>17097016
Hmm, OP's not replying. I wonder if he's gone for a shower?
>>
>>17097018
thanks for the kek m8
>>
>>17095254
Thank you for your effort to enlighten me.

But knowing this and still having balls to admit yourself you are Jew, you really must be proud of your ancestors. If I were in your shoes I would make sure there are no traces to me or my family, because the history often repeats.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.