[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some sort of attack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: heart-or-chest-pain.jpg (43 KB, 1000x517) Image search: [Google]
heart-or-chest-pain.jpg
43 KB, 1000x517
I'm 18 years old, lean and physically active. About 2 hours ago I thought I was having a heart attack with palpitations, chest pain, trembling, dizziness, sweating, feeling like I couldn't breathe, a nasty lump in my throat and severe stomach butterflys. After the initial attack my body was trembling for minutes. I thought I was having a heart attack and going to die.

2 hours later I'm writing this. I still feel bad but a lot better. My heart is still beating faster than normal and I still have that butterflies in stomach feeling. wtf happened?
>>
Go to urgent care or the ER
>>
Ive also never had this happen to me before
>>
>>17093442
Call 911 or call the hospital for an ambulance if you think it will happen again. If you think you're safe enough to drive, go to the ER immediately
>>
>>17093442
probably just heart burn lol. still, best going to the er to be safe.
>>
Sounds like a panic attack
>>
heart rate seems to have dropped to normal. I have a slight feeling of relief but still have this anxious feeling in stomach
>>
>>17093451
Yep, I'd say panic attack as well!!
>>
>>17093453
go to the emergency room and get checked out, it could be nothing or it could be something very serious and if that's the case you'll be glad you found it earlier rather than later.
>>
Did anything happen to cause this? If you were in a severe emotional state or a crisis was happening/had happened, it could've been a panic attack. I had a panic attack one time and the fact that I didn't know what was happening made me freak out more and worsen it. Try slowing your breathing and see if that improves it. Make sure the exhale is longer than the inhale. Five beats in, hold for two, seven beats out.

Regardless, make a note of it and be aware of it. If it happens again, try breathing and see if that resolves the situation. If breathing doesn't resolve it or if it happens repeatedly, get checked out.

My guess is that now the situation has resolved, the doctors would have trouble figuring out what's going on unless there's something they can see outside of the situation. If you want to go to the doctor to make sure, don't go to the ER if you're in the US, since that will likely rack up a much bigger bill than you need. See if you can find a walk-in clinic instead.
>>
>>17093462
Yeh I have been worried and anxious recently also minor depression. There was no real trigger. I got up from my desk and it just happened out of the bloom. I'm fine now apart from my hands trembling. I'd assume if this actually was a heart attack I would have been dead/passed out 2 hours ago?
>>
>>17093467
When I had a panic attack, it only happened after a bad situation had resolved itself. I can handle myself fine as long as there is something for me to do, but as soon as I ran out of things to keep me busy was was just left alone with my thoughts, it happened.
>>
Yep, that's a panic attack. Certainly scary, but not life-threatening. Panic tends to be a tightness or twisting sensation, while a heart attack is more crushing.

See your doctor for an EKG, just to be on the safe side. You may want to ask for anti-anxiety meds.
>>
>>17093491
I'll definitely do that, I've been meaning to go anyway due to possible depression
>>
How stressed were you? I had a panic attack once and felt like I was going to die. Increased heart rate, shortness of breath, etc. It could be that. A doctor's visit may not be the worst thing you could do
>>
>>17093641
I guess I was stressed but not hugely. I felt like I was dying too
>>
>>17093451
Sounds like this
>>
>>17093491
>anti-anxiety meds
It's better to try without that shit
>>
I never thought a panic attack was that aggressive. I'm still feeling the remnants hours later but feel so much better
>>
Just like everyone else is saying, you most likely had a panic attack. They are not life threatening in the slightest.

If it happens again, just take deep breaths through the nose and out the mouth and drink some water. If this happens frequently, I would recommend a bit of therapy. They are here to help you cope with your stress, as they have with plenty of other satisfied (and normal) people.
>>
>>17093442
no thats a panic attack, i get chest pain when im stressed too. if you were having a heart attack youd be screaming/moaning with left arm pain too.
>>
>>17093442
and palpitations can be a heart disorder that may eventually lead to a heart attack or it could be just simple leakage back to the heart which can be normal if in small ratios id still get that checked
>>
>>17093451
That's what I was going to say, but go to ER to be in the safe side.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.