[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I hang out with an introvert?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Brown-Falcon.jpg (184 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Brown-Falcon.jpg
184 KB, 800x1200
So back in highschool I was the "nice to everyone flower child" kid and made a lot of weak relationships with everyone and the few good friendships. So I met a friend of a friend who we'll call Ryan. Ryan is a slightly overweight, anime, video game, 4chan guy (hes the one who introduced me to 4chan). He had few friends because of a slight "dont take shit from no one" attitude. He was a suprisingly funny guy.

So the problem is that today he doesnt goto college and he just sits at home all day, and hints how miserable (and probably lonely) he is the few times we talk. I want to hang out with him and give him some outside time but I have no ideas. He doesnt like to hike or walk from his minor obesity, i'm a poor college kid so i can't afford to take him to big video game events like pax, and I dont just want to take him to lunch because I feel like its not much. I would invite him to several activities my church does but hes not religous so itd probably sound terrible.

Any ideas?
>>
You sound like a good person, he needs to realize that he will forever be unhappy doing what he is doing.

Don't let him drag you down with him
>>
>>17092696
I think hed have to know the alternatives first. What its like spending more time outside.
>>
File: image.jpg (952 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
952 KB, 3264x2448
I don't really enjoy walking, but I could swim for hours. Maybe Ryan's the same. He doesn't have to do laps or anything. Just being in the water together could be fun. Then just go eat afterwards. If things don't work out with Ryan, I'll be your friend OP, you seem like a great person
>>
Is this a romantic or platonic thing?

Also, are you a girl? Important because that type of person could easily misconstrue your intentions if you only want friendship.
>>
>>17093283
I havent thought of swimming and then lunch, and because its Texas and summer is approaching, that may just work. Thanks
>>17093303
I'm a straight male, and i'm not worried much about him confusing it for a gay kinda thing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.