[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean to be in a wedding? My sister got engaged and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: robin_batman.jpg (47 KB, 376x290) Image search: [Google]
robin_batman.jpg
47 KB, 376x290
What does it mean to be in a wedding? My sister got engaged and her fiance asked me to be a groomsman. My friends are excited that I'm in the wedding? I'm not even sure what to do.
>>
Groomsmen just stand there dude, you don't do shit.

But a lot of people are dicks and make you pay for your own tux rental. Because like, I guess it's the least you could do for this over exuberant display in addition to your expensive gift on their registry.

Fuck, weddings piss me the fuck off. What a waste of time and money.
>>
>>17092497
>Groomsmen just stand there dude, you don't do shit.
You may also be charged with ushering people to their seats, but this is generally pretty easy. As you stand in the doorway facing the altar, friends of the bride go on the left, friends of the groom go on the right, and close family sits up front.

If there are an equal number of bridesmaids and groomsmen, you may be asked to walk one of the bridesmaids down the aisle. Again, easy stuff.

Question: where is the wedding going to be? No need for specifics: the country and general region is enough.
>>
>>17092527
>Question: where is the wedding going to be? No need for specifics: the country and general region is enough
Southern England, I'm from Canada though my sister moved there
>>
>>17092533
This is bullshit. Not only are you expected to do the 'regular' shit, like provide your own tux and buy a gift of their choosing, now you have to pay for airfare and lodging? What a scam.
>>
>>17092574
Yeah and the groom's parents aren't help paying for the wedding. My sister and her fiance and my parents are paying 50/50 despite the CAD being much weaker than the GBP
We're fairly affluent so it's not detrimental but it's still a big inconvenience. I don't even like her fiance
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.