[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: Pregnant-Woman.jpg (106 KB, 960x500) Image search: [Google]
Pregnant-Woman.jpg
106 KB, 960x500
bf and i are moving in together in 3 months and get married next summer.
we also want to have a baby soon.
we always agreed on having a baby, and also, to not wait too long to have one.
but one day, he just said, let's make a baby NOW. i told him to take it down a bit. that we should atleast wait till we're moved, since i won't be any help with moving if i'm not allowed to lift heavy things. he was alright with that. we agreed to try to get pregnant in about a year. i, however, would prefer to first get married. because i don't really want to be pregnant on my wedding, i don't want anybody to think we married just because i got pregnant and because i think we should first get to THAT level of commitment before having a child.
yesterday, he asked me to get my IUD removed and that he want's to try and get pregnant asap.
what's the matter with him? what would make a guy want a baby so badly and rush it like that?
i'm going to ask him, for sure. but i'm not entirely sure he'll tell me the REAL reasons or that he even knows what's behind all this. Can you pls cast a light on this for me?
>>
Maybe he feels like if you don't have a kid with him you'll leave?
>>
Just my thoughts (I'm male btw)

It's your body that's going to go through the process and needs to understand that both of you have to feel the time is right. Maybe sit him down and you appreciate his enthusiasm but you really want to give baby the best possible comfort in life, and that is when both of you are comfortable with it.

It could be possible that he has developed a fertilisation fetish, so he might just be thinking with his dick.
Perhaps try to role play and pretend that the IUD is out and see if that satisfies him for the time being.

All the best.
>>
>>17091957
Sorry for the misssing words. Hope you understood that.
>>
He's just excited about it most likely, be grateful. Sit down with him and explain you're not comfortable getting pregnant before you're married.
>>
>>17091954
but then we could just get married, right? i won't leave him and i can't think of a reason he would be worried about that. but this option has crossed my mind too.
>>
>>17091957
>It could be possible that he has developed a fertilisation fetish, so he might just be thinking with his dick

i have to admit that i think that this might be it. we're both pretty excited to "have sex for the sole purpose of procreation". but then again, it's not like he's only talking about that when he's horny.
interesting idea. i might bring it up. maybe that'll help with being patient.
>>
>>17091963
>be grateful
i am. but i'm a bit worried about his "hidden agenda" since he's pushing for it like that. i know for a fact that his parents wouldn't be THAT pleased if he rushed having a child. maybe that's a reason too.
>>
>>17091957
>give baby the best possible comfort in life
to add: we would have all that in place. we move into a nice apt that's more than big enough and he has a very good income.
he's also pretty keen on making me a SAHM. i also think that'll be the best for the baby, but damn, he's pretty enthusiastic about all that...
>>
i'm actually no the verge of just say "fuck it" and get pregnant. how dumb of an idea is this?
>>
hard to tell, what the hidden agenda of a guy is, because our plan is, that you dont find out about it.

here are some possibilities:
> someone he knows is very sick, and he is reminded, that life is short and could go downhill any moment
> someone he cares about is infertile and he wants to know
> he thinks, now is his best time and that his life could get more stressfull in some time, if he gets a promotion or similar
> everyone else he knows/ best bro is having children and he wants them to grow up toeghether wis his kids

some darker possibilities:
> he impregnated another chick/ has some darker secret and wants to tie you down, before you find out
> he has something like testicular cancer, a new diagnosis or a familiar illness that might start sometimes soon
> he has money problems and wants to tie you down.

I find the idea great, to keep your IUD but tell him you got it out maybe half a year before marriage.
that way you make him happy, without getting pregnant in the beginning. Depending on your age, getting pregnant can easily take .5-2 years
but talk with your gyn before, so that there are no things.

maybe tell your BF, that you will talk things through with your gynaecologist and read into what you need to know for pregnancy (nutrition, folic acid, what you need to know, if there is something to look out for etc.) That might buy you some time inbetween and is not a hard "NO"
>>
>>17091937
As a female, I'd advise you to not get pregnant until you're married. For a male, it's fucking easy to just leave you and start over with a new girl, but for you, life as a single parent will never be the same again. No one wants to date a single mom.
>>
>>17091937
You a smart girl. Yeah, seeing fat, sweaty, preggo women on their wedding day is just hilarious. They just look so uncomfortable in their own skin standing under the hot lights and shit. My preggo cousin who did that started vomitting at the altar - seriously. And you know allll his damn relatives is talking shit about her behind her back, saying she 'must have' tricked him into getting her knocked up so she could 'trap him' with marriage.
>>
>>17092654
>> someone he knows is very sick, and he is reminded, that life is short and could go downhill any moment

now i think i know what is going on. his parents where higschool sweethearts. they got married in their early 20's, but waited for that "perfect moment" to have kids. they waited a really long time. they where in their late 30's when my bf's big brother was born. now that he's an adult, his parents are already nearing their 70's. his dad had a hearthattack a few years ago. i think the idea of being a dad as soon as possible is so he will still be considerable young when his kids grow up...

i have no idea about the infertile part.
he would also be the first one of his friends/family to have kids. so "peer pressure" isn't the issue here.

he DEFNINTELY didn't impregnate another chick...
but i can't shoot down medical reasons. i need to ask him about that.
he doesn't have any money problems.
>>
>>17092675
>saying she 'must have' tricked him into getting her knocked up so she could 'trap him' with marriage.
exactly what i don't want...

additional question: would that talking not be the case if we'd be officially engaged before i get pregnant?
>>
>>17092700
depends, only if his engagement was big news and travelt everywhere, which normally isnt the case.

On another page: you cant change what people talk about and it shouldnt bother you, because they will find other things to talk about
>>
>>17092718
i just don't want anyone to think i married him for other reasons than that i love him and want to grow old with him. otherwise, they can talk all they want.
>>
>>17092726
yeah thats a romantic thought, just as I dont want a girl to marry me just because of money or looks.
>>
>>17091937
he sounds really retarded with no real reason to this. i wouldve said maybe hes scared of losing you but he wouldve got married if that were the case. yeah wedlock looks bad on anyone. he shouldnt pressure you. but also about the waiting, maybe hes scared of miscarriages or being infertile. OR maybe he wants to see if it will turn out okay before he marries you. hard to tell. also IUDs are known to cause infections in the utereus.
>>
He may be like me and has hit that age where he realizes he will be old by the time his kid gets to the age he wants to do dad stuff with unless you pop one out now.

30 and I keep thinking shit, I'll be 35 before my kid is any fun to play with.
>>
>>17092744
>turn out okay before he marries you
well, having a kid is a bigger commitment than getting married, in my books...
>>
>>17092759
>hit that age
he's 22...

but i think he's really scared of loding his parents soon. so that might play into it
>>
>>17091954
Only logical explanation.
>>
>>17092830
why would he think something like that? i would never leave him and i never gave him the feel like i ever would...
>>
>>17092833
I don't know. Women do the reverse all the time though. They "forget" to take their pill so they will get pregnant and trap the guy. Some guys just have their own insecurities for whatever reason. It might be that he really does have a fertilization fetish like someone above suggested. Some guys get weird about that and it makes them feel powerful to knock up lots of women and just spread their genes as much as they can. He might have a pregnancy fetish even. I can't really say since I have never met the guy.
>>
>>17091937
why is your post
formatted.
like this?
>>
>>17092912
i have
no
idea.
>>
>>17091972
don't become a stay at home mother, that leads to an unequal relationship where you're basically a glorified NEET who is completely beholden to your husband because you have no career and nowhere to go if this relationship turns sour, as relationships sometimes do, not to mention an unfulfilled life.

Being a stay at home mom for the first few years is one thing, but have a life of your own beyond your kid.
>>
>>17092660
>No one wants to date a single mom.
Depends on the woman, but I wouldn't hold bei a single Mum against her.
>>
>>17092928
You're saying all this as if it's an absolute certainty that it will happen.
Maybe you think these things but I certainly don't.
A stay at home parent does a fuckload of work and has major responsibilities. Some people actually understand and respect this, giving equal importance to both roles.
>>
>>17091937
If you haven't lived with someone for 1 year then DO NOT HAVE A BABY WITH THEM.
>>
>>17093053
why not?
>>
I'd say wait it out until after your wedding OP. I'm sure it's the best option.
>>
>>17093217
As a parent, I recommend this highly. You want to make sure you two are compatible living in close quarters. Sometimes you don't realize just how much you two don't mesh until you see each other all the time. A year is a good amount of time to get a feel for how strong your relationship is going to be down the road. If it's been a year and you have no doubts, then you should be good to go.

You do not want to get pregnant and then suddenly realize you two can't stand living together. That causes all sorts of problems.

I really can't say what his reasons would be for pushing this so hard. It could be anything from wanting commitment to being excited to be a dad to it being his fetish to even the really sinister reason of wanting to keep you tied to him. You're the best person to judge that.

Regardless, living together for at least a year before any major commitments like wedding and kids is smart. Kids in particular are the biggest commitment you can make. If you have a kid together your lives are going to be be at least tangentially bound together for the rest of your lives. Make sure that's what you want.
>>
>>17093217
I really think people should be married a WHILE before having kids. You need to learn to work as a team day to day. You need to discuss the ins and outs of how you will raise a kid (discipline, religion, education, extended family) you need to find your flaws as people and as a team and work on them.
A baby is a selfish sociopath that barges into your happy relationship and demands ALL the attention. If your Union isn't strong, it will fall apart. Love is a battlefield, and children are the enemy.
>>
>>17091937
idk maybe he's just eager, i probably would be if i was in that situation but also respect that aspect of patience.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.