[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking Out a Girl Working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
This might be a silly question, but how do I ask out a girl I only see when she's working? I've seen her a few times and made very brief small-talk, but she seems to be busy all the time. On the one hand, I don't want to bother her at work. On the other hand, I'd like to ask her out. Is there some sort of protocol with this?
>>
>>17091682
Just to be sure, when you refer to this working girl do you mean just a girl who is working when you see her, such as a waitress or something, or do you mean a 'working girl' ?
>>
>>17091682
bumping because I'd also like to know. Certain girls would never mind attention from a guy they like, others are actually serious about their work and would get annoyed.
>>
>>17091687
She's not a sex worker, if that's what you're asking. She works at an establishment I patronize often.
>>
>>17091682
Short answer: you don't.
>>
>>17091682
This is what I've got in mind to do, but I haven't been back to her workplace for a while.

(After saying the usual greetings)
Me: So should I have a word with your manager then?
Her: About what?
Me: Well.. I'll see if you can get some extra time off work, and a little pay rise. Then you can finally take me out for a coffee. I could talk to your boyfriend too if needed. I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

(I don't actually know if she has a BF or not at this stage, and we've joked about things before so I think she'll see the humour in it.)

Other than that, all I can think of is talking to her about some event she might be interested in coming along to..
>>
>>17091693
You're being incredibly coy. What's the establishment? Is she a stripper?
>>
>>17091718
That sounds like you're trying to pay her to have sex with you.
>>
>>17091718

are you fucking retarded or do you actually think that will work

have you ever actually talked to a woman in your life
>>
don't try to hit on her at work, you're putting her in a really shitty situation and she might get in trouble for it
>>
>>17091718
lmao wtf is this bait

If you're serious OP don't say that. Don't ever say that, to anyone.
>>
>>17091718
You should absolutely do and say that. Verbatim.
>>
>>17091718
>Me: So should I have a word with your manager then?
>Her: Please no, I need this job, I'll suck your dick if you don't say anything.

Holy shit, I think you're on to something here.
>>
>>17091720
I consider strippers to be sex workers. No, she works at a coffee shop where I often go to get work done.

>>17091727
Hence my dilemma

>>17091733
I'm OP, that wasn't me.
>>
>>17091723
No.. That sounds like I want her to buy me a coffee...? Where did you get sexual services from?
>>17091725
I might be a little bit retarded, and it will probably backfire. But I've spoken to her already and we joke around.
Eg. I asked her to call the manager once because she always makes me pay for stuff when I try to leave the store, and I wanted to change the store policy regarding that.
She said, no.. What are you gonna do? Bash me? I told her I usually get my Mum to do the bashing so my hands stay clean.

I don't know what kind of odd.humour that is but... It could work.. Maybe..
>>
>>17091752
There isn't a dilemma. Don't ask this girl out.
>>
>>17091759
Well, I'm disinclined to stalk her to find another opportunity. Any other ideas?
>>
>>17091752
Don't ask her out. Just give her your number and tell her to text you sometime if she wants.

If she texts you, you're good to go. If she doesn't, act like nothing happened. She may even DECIDE to text you later if you seem really unshaken by her NOT texting you.
>>
This thread is full of betas.

If you don't have an established line of communication with her and can't get her manager to let her buy you a coffee.. then develop a line of communication and establish common interests.

Oh.. You like art? There's a great exhibition on in the city. Me and a group of friends were going this Saturday. You should try to come along..

Takes a bit forward planning if you don't already have a social life..
>>
>>17091682
OP do you make this thread every week
>>
>>17091779
Asking her to a group event is beta as fuck. Beta
>>
>>17091766
While I can see the logic in this, I feel more inclined to be in control. Can you make an argument against me being in control?

>>17091779
We know each other's names, and that's about it. I suppose she knows my drink of choice by now, maybe.

>>17091782
I've never made this thread before; I met this girl recently.
>>
>>17091796
>Can you make an argument against me being in control?
>>17091718
>>
>>17091783
So you have a better suggestion that won't make her feel awkward in the workplace?
>>
>>17091682
http://archive.4plebs.org/adv/thread/16999536

lol it's funny how desperate people are alike
>>
>>17091797
I'm actually a salesman, and I can hard close if I have to (I just don't want to be a dick here). I have to say that your approach seems unappealing.

>>17091839
Hmm, now I see why someone asked me if I've posted this thread before. What aspect of me taking a particular liking to a girl I've met while performing the planning apects of my profession would you consider desperate?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.