[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Want My Own Apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1442912044534.jpg (28 KB, 541x555) Image search: [Google]
1442912044534.jpg
28 KB, 541x555
Me and my boyfriend have been together for years. We aren't planning on breaking up anytime soon, and we both want to get married a few years down the road, maybe sooner, but right now, at this point in my life, I want my own fucking place.

I love him to death, but I hate that I get resentful with him smoking in the house and generally not picking up as much as I like to keep the house clean. We have tried to communicate about this, tried to come up with ways to keep things clean, each having our own chores, and he has tried quitting (did for about two years), and tried those vapes, and now he's back to two packs a day.

On top of this I just feel fucking crowded even though I have other space in the house to be. I love him to death, but oh my fucking god I want my freedom back. I want to clean the house and not have it get messy again within three days, I want to only worry about cooking for myself, I want to get my own pets and hobbies without first having to come to some kind of compromise with my partner.

We're reaching a point where in the next year we will both be finally stable enough to support ourselves without leaning on each other.

My question is, should I pursue my own place? And yes I have brought this up to him before and he asked me to at least wait till we we're both in a more financially stable spot, which I was already planning on doing.

Have any other couples done this? Did it help, or harm your relationship?
>>
>>17091378
honestly if he doesnt care where he smokes and doesnt clean up after him self then he doesnt sound like a very good husband i would get separate bed room but not a separate place. just broke up with a guy with similar issue but doesnt mean you should do the same
>>
File: 1460104641506.jpg (146 KB, 596x800) Image search: [Google]
1460104641506.jpg
146 KB, 596x800
Just make him smoke outside. Do more outside the house.
>>
I'm in the same position, except instead of moving out, I want to fuck other girls

I feel your pain OP
>>
OP the trick about dating someone is that it tells you how things are going to play out with marriage. Still planning to marry someone that you can't even stomach to live with is essentially retarded.
>>
>>17091378
2 packs a day
Luuuunnnggggsss hngggg
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.