[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for any girls out there: do you get turned off by a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Question for any girls out there: do you get turned off by a guy if he compliments you too often?
>>
>>17090424
Yes, because it's too often. Often is very different than /too/ often. Too much of a good thing and all that jazz.
>>
>>17090424
I get turned on by seeing two guys make out. You should do that to impress the girls.
>>
Am not a girl.

But that girl in da picture is so beautiful.
>>
>>17090432
>no tits
>teeth are all fucked up
>asymmetrical eyes and cheekbones
Yeah ok.
>>
i'd prefer to hear a genuine compliment once in a while versus a compliment out of habit.

like if you call me beautiful everyday, it'll get old and i might even question if you really mean it because you say it often. also, once something like this becomes a habit, it also becomes an expectation. if you stop calling me "beautiful" for a day after saying it everyday, i'm going to assume something might be wrong or your feelings for me might have changed.

keep it to like once a week or something, or compliment her when she does something that genuinely wows you.
>>
If I'm not attracted to him it can be annoying. If I'm attracted to him I would me super hyped. However if said attractivo continued I'd be like something must be wrong with him? But it depends how goodlooking I would think he is(depends on the person also (eye of the beholder)).
>>
Yes.
>>
only if he's lying about what he's complimenting on
>>
>>17090424
Just don't compliment me so much that you aren't talking to me at all. I had an ex that got into the habit of it and it just came off as very strange and a little desperate.

Can't we have a conversation?
>>
That's very depending of the situation.
Does she play into it and return the compliments? Or does her body language turn cold when you say them?
If they're well received, the mood seems playful and there's for sure flirting happening on both parts, then compliments are fine.
There's also a fine line between paying a few compliments in a flirty way and paying an excessive amount of compliments and coming off creepy/needy.
>>
>>17090440
Eat a dick
>>17090459
But would a guy you normally find attractive become unattractive if he complimented you a lot?
>>
As a guy, I have the complete opposite problem. I almost never compliment people I'm just being polite or I know the person really well. That might make me seem unpersonable, but it makes me cringe to give a compliment when I don't mean it.
>>
It doesn't seem genuine if its too often
>>
>>17090424
Yeah, but it's difficult for me to accept and give compliments.

p.s. You can compliment her physical features with unspoken actions, too. I like when my guy looks at my legs appreciatively without saying anything.
>>
no, but I also have low self esteem so
>>
>>17091700
>like when my guy looks at my legs appreciatively

I don't know how appreciatively you mean, should I nod and make a "hmm" sound while I'm looking?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.