[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>getting a wife >getting a good job >buying a house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1460229401392.png (619 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460229401392.png
619 KB, 1024x768
>getting a wife
>getting a good job
>buying a house

Is any of this stuff even remotely possible? jesus christ it seems like you have to win the lottery to get any of them

It's not like these are unreasonable demands or anything. Just normal stuff. And yet it's still not even something conceivably possible. has life always been this shit?
>>
>>17090421
>being a good person
>learning valuable skills for things you have an interest in and going where jobs are
>see 2nd
>>
>getting a wife
Not at all.

>getting a good job
Depends on what level of commitment and how ambitious you are

>getting a house
Directly related to 1 and 2.
>>
>>17090421
It's not easy to live a simple life anymore OP. If you want a wife and a house and a job well then, you're just entitled. Forget kids too, it's too expensive to raise them nowadays. Don't worry though, the state will iron out the resulting demographic issues by importing tons of third world migrants and making your life even worse!
>>
>>17090421

>is it remotely possible

if it was like winning the lottery than 50 people own houses, as opposed to millions. you're making htis out harder than it has to eb.

>getting a wife

is nowhere near winning the lottery. love is the most fragile of all the human relationships. you're focusing on the 'endgame' instead of the game itself. if you dont enjoy the game, why would you enjoy being married?

focus on just meeting people. not for marriage. but for actually getting along with. to think ahead of that is setting yourself up to settle. but by all means, go pick a greencard wife, its like winning the lottery.

>getting a good job

depends on your definition of 'good' but its not random by any means. to have a reasonably good job you have to get some sort of education and have some sort of dedication. they arent randomly handed out to anons who just happen to walk into the right room at the right time.

I got lucky with my job, but realistically i cant support myself with it for the rest of my life. but thanks ot this job im getting enough experience that ill at least make 40 thousand dollars a year for the rest of my life, likely more.

>buying a house

5 years with a stable good job and you can properly invest in a house. the quality of said house will vary on how 'good' your job is, but all you got is time. if you bring home any extra money at the end of the month you can invest on making it the kind of home oyu want to livei n. thats my plan.

moral is that these things arent random. its not even lucky in some cases so much as it is naive. focus on actually living an enjoyable life, while also planning for your future. its the best you can do.
>>
I'm bad at math and unccordinated so I feel I'll never be able to afford a house (or a wife).
>>
>>17090707

math is learned. yes some people inherently get it, but its not like writing or drawing where there is some random art to it.

2 plus 2 will always equal four. the equation ALWAYS works. all you have to do is learn the equation.

that being said, a good life has very little to do with your ability to do math or your coordination (depending on severity, if you're retarded sure you are fucked, but i doubt you're legally retarded)
>>
>>17090714
But it seems all the decent jobs are based around numbers. I couldn't do standard-level math in high school and had to drop down to "workplace" math which was meant for slow people.
>>
>>17090729

>i was dumb in highschool so i cant learn

you still did learn, you just learned slowly. you can take your time to lear nif oyu need to. but no, most decent jobs are not based around numbers.

I manage an office and it comes in handy if you can do basic math for accounting, but its literally just addition, subtraction, and multiplication. if you ever budget your own life than you can do the basic math required to run a small business.

if you are insisting that you are too dumb to even budget your own cash, then sure, give up.
>>
>>17090421
Just play Fallout 4, and don't answer the door at the beginning. Problem solved.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.