[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/medical/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160429_132145846.jpg (863 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160429_132145846.jpg
863 KB, 1080x1920
Have any of you had a laceration or surgical incision scar become painful years after it's occurrence?

I was stabbed with a small knife when I was a teenager and the old stitched up scar has become very puffy and sensitive over the last few days. This morning it was completely full of blood and was protruding from my gut. I applied a little bit of pressure and it burst open, it's been bleeding for a few minutes now.

Does this sound like an infection, or just the product of a possible skin condition? I have psoriasis and if it makes a difference there was a hair growing through the scar over the last few days
>>
Is it bleeding profusely or just sort of trickling? It might've just been some really irritated hair follicle on the scar tissue.
Or it might've been a slight hemorrhage from being stabbed in the gut.
Keep the wound clean and monitor it for any kind of pus or infection over the next day or two. If it starts doing anything weird, immediately go to a doctor.
>>
>>17089627
I suppose it's just trickling, but initially it was coming out pretty fast. There's no pus or any kind of mass or fluids other than blood at the moment, but it seems like after I drain it, that area of tissue fills right back up with blood again and keeps seeping out
>>
Huh. In the old days, that was a sign of Vitamin C deficiency, if it came with bad breath and your teeth falling out. Scurvy, lol.

OP, go to the doc. If it is an infection, the scarring can be a great pathway for the infection to get into your gut cavity, which you don't want.
I'm not a doc, but have paramedic training, long ago. Go get checked out, serious. If the doc sends you home with a band-aid and antibiotics, you'll be comfortable because you had a diagnosis. Not knowing what's up will suck, anyhow, and while you might be fine, 'might be' is a shitty gamble.
>>
>>17089635

Yeah, this is what I planned on. My diet leaves me incredibly doubtful that it is a Vitamin C deficiency but I know you're prone to think that being your the captain of a ship. (;

I'm currently a Through-put operator and Patient Care Assistant at my city's hospital and I'm often exposed to patients with contact precautions via MRSA, C-DIFF, etc. I'm starting to think I should definitely get some medical attention before I go back in on Monday and expose myself to this stuff with opened scar tissue on my gut..
>>
>>17089618
Gonna have to see the rest of your body to tell you
>>
The blood itself does seem darker than usual, though. And there is a black blemish on the center of the scar
>>
>>17089657
Kek
>>
>>17089663
Im fucking trying if op would show me his face isnt fucked
>>
>>17089653
Yeah, sounds like you know what to do, just needed a little push. Go get that shit seen. You can do yourself a mischief, and others too. MRSA and C. diff can be fatal even to the most robust people. I thought my job had occupational exposure issues. Damn.
>>
File: _20160429_134917.jpg (412 KB, 934x1659) Image search: [Google]
_20160429_134917.jpg
412 KB, 934x1659
>>17089665
Fkn fggt
>>
>>17089666
Yeah man, just last month a good friend of mine who is a nurse there brought C-diff home on the bottom of her shoes and when her (small indoor) dog went and chewed on them he died within a week or so of C-diff.

On the bright-side, they say we tend to have some of the strongest immune systems; unfortunately and strictly because of our exposure lol
>>
>>17089673
lmao
>>
>>17089673
OP is beautiful.
>>
File: 1444625804534.gif (1 MB, 222x200) Image search: [Google]
1444625804534.gif
1 MB, 222x200
>>17089716
O stop u
>>
>>17089673
it's white jesus!
>>
>>17089724
marry me?
>>
>>17089673
bruh you got stab at brony convention ?
>>
File: header.jpg (58 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
58 KB, 500x300
>>17089757
Thanks for the lol
One can only handle so much virtual ego-stroking from weeaboo homosexuals
>>
still haven't really been given any immediate advice for this situation tho
>>
>>17089673
wow op ur actually kind of hot
and im straight
>>
Go to the fucking doctor first thing when you get the chance dont wait for this shit to blow over.
>>
>>17089673
You look pretty, bar the moustache, which looks out of place.
>>
>>17089778
>>17089618
Go to emergency room you dumb fuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.