[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a huge problem. I was a neet after getting my diploma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1458192643200.png (75 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1458192643200.png
75 KB, 700x600
I have a huge problem. I was a neet after getting my diploma and when I have finally decided to get a grip and apply for university, I find out that I need a testimonial from my lecturer. The thing is it's been 4 years since I graduated and I have been doing nothing but part-time jobs. I was able to find his email but i have no idea what to say
>>
File: tooth.jpg (51 KB, 689x682) Image search: [Google]
tooth.jpg
51 KB, 689x682
Hmmmm. Normally, I'd say contact the admissions department of the university, and ask them. I know a few guys who entered university in their mid 20's and early 30's, but they all had careers and military experience, etc. Saying that you were a useless vampire who stayed at mommy's tit for too long probably won't tickle their pickles.

#1, I'd be resentful towards your enablers for helping you fuck yourself this much.

#2, you may need to wait a while and do something worth talking about before getting what you want. Live with it. If you want to do something bad enough, you'll find a way to make it work or seek out an alternate path of equal value.

#3. Contact the admissions department at the university. Don't mention being a useless faggy bag of suck when they ask about what you've been doing outside of jerking off to cartoons in mom's basement. Don't give your name, just seek out the information.

#4, stop sucking at life. If you're truly useless, what makes you think you can survive at university? Granted, it can be used as a day-care center for useless shitheads, but it ain't free, and haven't you already fucked things up enough?

Now, if you've reformed, and really have stopped sucking at life, dig in and find a solution.
Oh, and get off of /adv, asshole, and be productive.
>>
>>17089508
I already submitted my portfolio and all the other necessary documents, the only thing Im missing is the testimonial which they told me was important. I could follow one of those templates on google about requesting a testimonial but theres nothing there about a 4 year gap, thats why i thought to seek advice here first before sending an email
>>
>>17089556

See #3, my answer above at >>17089508
>>
>>17089563
I told them about my situation (minus the neeting) when i submitted the documents. They just told me to try and get it and here i am, hoping to increase my chances of success with that email
>>
Letters of recommendation are part of a professor's job. You won't be the first nor the last to ask for a letter fours years out. The professor may need to see some of your work to be able to write the letter.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.