[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ I kind of want to leave my girlfriend, but I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: cheetos-crunchy-flamin-hot.png (203 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
cheetos-crunchy-flamin-hot.png
203 KB, 334x483
/adv/

I kind of want to leave my girlfriend, but I don't really have a "reason" you know?

Like...I really like her as a person. She's a super sweet girl with a lot of great qualities...but we're 23 & 24 and have been dating for three years and I don't think I have any intention of ever marrying her.

I donno, is it okay to break up with someone without a "reason"? Does that make me a total dick?

pls help what should i do
>>
>>17089470
>I don't think I have any intention of ever marrying her

This is a very good reason.

This is the time of life when you should be finding a person to marry.

She either
A) thinks you're going to get married, in which case you're doing her a huge favor in breaking this news to her ASAP
B) thinks you're not going to get married, in which case a breakup is probably something she's planning on at some point as well

Do it m88
>>
You should have a reason to stay with someone, not the other way around. People seem to believe they NEED to be in a relationship, even if they have no real emotional investment in it. The truth is there's absolutely nothing wrong with being single until you find a reason to be with someone
>>
File: freecat.jpg (22 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
freecat.jpg
22 KB, 500x360
Well, what is it that you really want?

If you're looking for long-term commitment with an eye towards a traditional marriage, you've already given the most important reason to end the relationship: there's no future there for you two.

If you're just bored, that's OK, too. Ultimately, if you can't give a full commitment or aren't letting your gf know that you're not feeling a strong desire to stay together, it's a pretty solid form of dishonesty to withhold that from her. She deserves to be with someone who truly wants to be with her, just as you do.

But don't frame it as you doing something for her- be manly and honest and gentle with her. If she's not expecting this, it'll probably suck for her, but it would suck more for you to be dishonest about it.

I'd suggest taking a minute and really taking inventory about what you want out of her, and out of life, and out of sharing it with someone. "I don't know" is a legit answer, and it doesn't mean that you should choose to stay with her, if that's not what you want.

Chances are, you already know what you need to do, and are looking for support or justification; forget it. You need to own your decisions, OP. And good luck. Listen to that little voice inside you.
>>
If you don't intend on staying with her permanently, then it's perfectly ok to end it at any time that seems ok to you. If you don't have a reason to stay, you'll end up resenting her. Better to end it before shit blows up.
>>
>>17089477
Well I mean, I certainly can think of reasons to stay with her. I can think of reasons not to as well.

>>17089484
Thanks, I guess the advice really does just boil down to "do what you want to" but it's a tough decision to make. Appreciate the advice.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.