[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym Contract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I want to quit my gym contract since I've stopped enjoying lifting weights and enjoy martial arts more.

However the gym will not allow me to quit until my contract ends which is in October, can I simply cancel my debit card without any backlash? Or will they send the debt collectors to break my legs?

P.S I go to Nuffield Health
>>
I would just stick it out instead of it showing up on your credit history for not paying. How much is it? 10-20$ a mo nth?
>>
>>17089123
It's £40 which is around $60 I believe. I don't get paid as much as I did since I changed jobs so now it takes a chunk out of my pay every month which is a hassle.

I'm not overly concerned with my credit score since it's been excellent so far and I always make sure to pay but just not this time.
>>
>>17089147

Shit. In that case yeah, I would stop paying. Not sure if that's a good deal or not where you're at but if the issue is that you can't afford it then I think you should save your money/spend it on more important things than the gym. Obviously the gym won't want to hear that but i would do it anyways. I would first TELL a manager that I'm going to stop coming because I can't afford it whether they like it or not. They might possibly give you some kind of exit path or discount and if not well you're not asking their permission.
>>
Some gyms are OK about it, some not.

I'd tell them you can't afford it but make sure there's no money on your debit card otherwise they will continue to try to take money off it.

My son joined a gym before he joined the service. He was rehabing his shoulder, got the OK to enlist and did so. His gym got a collection agency after him but stopped when they found out he enlisted.

Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>17089152
>>17089162
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm going to ask my boss to write me a fake redundancy letter instead of just cancelling straight away.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.