[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got in a relationship, but I just can't feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1461866137946.jpg (23 KB, 687x780) Image search: [Google]
1461866137946.jpg
23 KB, 687x780
I recently got in a relationship, but I just can't feel anything. I never had an emotional bond to someone or felt love, should I really stay in that relationship? I feel like I don't care about her all, that I'm just pretending, it doesn't feel real at all.
>>
B-bump
>>
If you don't care at all about someone, you shouldn't have gotten in a relationship. If you're looking to start out with feelings rather than just seeing if you're compatible/like each other, you should probably get to know people better before going out with them.

Try to start with someone you at least kind of like though. That can grow into stronger feelings. Starting with indifference, not so much.
>>
>>17088840
I mean, I care about her in a way, but not as strong as she cares about me. I seem to be compatible to many people, but I just can't care deeply about them and isolate myself often because I'm tired. She always tells me how much she loves me, but I can't take it seriously at all. It was in all my relationships like that, I just don't know anymore. It is the same with friends, people say they care, but I can't say the same.
>>
>>17088621
Seek therapy immediately.
>>
>>17088874
What should I even say while visiting one? Don't tell me this is is some weird mental illness.
>>
>>17088864
Do you care about anything? Family? Do you feel many emotions? Empathy?
If you don't feel emotions strongly, and you want a relationship that's 50/50.. maybe try for something more casual.

But as other anon said, see a therapist. Maybe you're depressed, maybe something else is wrong.
>>
>>17088885
I had something like a best friend, but the last time I talked with him was 5months ago, I just don't feel like messaging him. And I don't really care about my family I guess, since I moved out we rarely talk and I can't remember when I initiated the contact. I feel emotions when it comes to specific media, I often cry while listening to music or reading a book, but otherwise I don't seem to get emotional. I had something more casual in the past, but it was the same, the partner got more into me and wanted something serious. Maybe I'm just not made for strong emotional bonds.

Yeah, I should maybe visit a therapist.
>>
Are you Dennis Reynolds?
>>
>>17088908
Who is that?
>>
>>17088900
visit a therapist, might be that you are blocking your emotions. I can be quite emotional with friends etc., but I used to be in relationships when I didn't allow myself to love the guy, bc I was afraid of rejection. Of course a person should correspond to your ideas about a good partner, but a big part of falling in love is actually letting it happen psychologically: eg. I often try to stop my feelings by comparing my current partner to random people I meet, which is obviously stupid bc i don't know anything about these people, I just think they might be more attractive than him but I will nnever talk to them

Give the girl a chance. Maybe you can't realise you have feelings for her bc she's too committed, too involved. Tell her that you like her, but you would like more space (less meetings, less messges etc.). If you start missng her and thinking about her, that's a sign you have feelings for her. It might be that she's not for you. But if you never had feelings for anyone, try to work on yourself first
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.