[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which job would you take if you were in my situation? Finishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Le Question Man.jpg (79 KB, 1024x1207) Image search: [Google]
Le Question Man.jpg
79 KB, 1024x1207
Which job would you take if you were in my situation?

Finishing college in a week and have two offers. I didn't think I was going to get any and now I have two. One of which seems ridiculous.

Job A:
Basically 70k, big city in south, company seems off, glassdoor reviews say managers are fucktarded. People are very nice.

Job B:
60k, same city in the south, company is well known and established, reviews say the place is excellent. People are meh.
>>
>better pay and nice people

Hmmm
>>
>>17087769
They seem dysfunctional
>>
>>17087791
Don't trust reviews that much. A well-known and established company is more likely to see you as being replaceable and won't have much interest in training you.
>>
>>17087839
What? Are you stupid in the head?

OP, take the one your gut says to take. Seriously.
>>
>>17087764
Whichever one makes you happier. 10k a year is not worth sacrificing your happiness.
>>
>>17087839
Really?

My main criteria is training.

I want to go in, learn the job, and live a stable life. I thought bigger companies were better? Is this true?
>>
>>17087852
>What? Are you stupid in the head?

It's simple economics. The well-established company pays a lesser salary for the same job that a less-reputable company offers at a higher salary because it has no problem finding employees. When a more qualified candidate comes along, OP will be let go.
>>
>>17087869
>I thought bigger companies were better? Is this true?

Bigger companies have a bigger bureaucracy and hence more office politics. It's easier to get fired a large company than a small one, regardless of whether or not the reasons are justified. If you really want to work for the more reputable company, only see it as a stepping stone and as something to put on your resume, but don't see it as a career.
>>
>>17087892
This is pretty spot on. At a big company you're just a number.

I work at a smaller company. Our revenues are still in the hundred millions but we're small fish compared to the big guys. I get paid about 20% more than I would for the same job at one of the big boys. What's almost as great as the increased salary is the more laid back atmosphere.
>>
>>17087944
It's just a really overwhelming decision for my first job.

My other consideration is that I want to go to graduate school for a masters.

So I want my first job to go well and to be trained appropriately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.