[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't desire anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Bad+grandpa_91c7c2_5141427.gif (777 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
Bad+grandpa_91c7c2_5141427.gif
777 KB, 400x292
I barely have a libido, I don't want power, I'm not materialistic, I'm fine with both solitude and companionship. I'm not a basement dweller, I go out often enough and get in new situations an average amount I guess. Life is so fucking bland sometimes, and I want to feel desire for someone or something. Give things a meaning and experience more emotions. Desire something else than having desires. What do I do, /adv/?
>>
Do something for other people
>>
You might be depressed. And/or you aren't being exposed to new shit. Life gets very bland if you fall into a routine. Everyone has different tolerances of bland.

Try new shit.
>>
Isnt this the way to Nirvana?
>>
Learn to enjoy very bland things. like cold mash potatoes and elevator music and tepid baths.
>>
>>17087595
I have been depressed for some time but I've recovered last year. I want to get the feelings back from before I got depressed I guess. I meet new people, say yes to pretty much everything (I've always been very impulsive and curious). I don't know how to get into more new things.

And the thing with new people is that I always have to disappoint them, as I cannot return their desire. It may sound arrogant, but pretty much everyone I find interesting (as a person) eventually desires more out of the friendship and then there is no way of saving it as I cannot return it.
>>
>>17087596
Nirvana is fucking bullshit, just like heaven. There's no fun when everything is perfect, only boredom.
>>
>>17087613
well you'll never reach nirvana or get into heaven with that attitude mister.
>>
>>17087619
That's the point.
>>
>>17087605
I do enjoy small things, as much as great things (which isn't that much but whatever). But that isn't the same as feeling desire and deep emotions.

>>17087619
How tragic
>>
>>17087592
Like what? I'm not more egocentric than other people.
>>
>>17087583
anhedonia can be indicative of physiological issues. perhaps you should see a doctor.
>>
>>17087638
>How tragic
You say that now..
>>
>>17087613
>Nirvana is fucking bullshit, just like heaven. There's no fun when everything is perfect, only boredom.
Yeah, all the pain, sickness, heartbreak, loss, death, failure that we experience in life makes it all exciting! A place without that in the eternal presence of living Love himself would be simply terrible...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.