[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do girls expect you to buy them meals and shit when you first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1444397657714.jpg (523 KB, 1000x1512) Image search: [Google]
1444397657714.jpg
523 KB, 1000x1512
Do girls expect you to buy them meals and shit when you first meet?

I got a weird look from her when I said give me $20 (our bill was like $45). Is this type of judgement common? I'm not stingy with people I know but I'm not going to buy something for someone I just met, just cause she has a pussy. The idea of doing that makes me cringe.
>>
>>17086912

If it's a date, you should. If it's just some random person, fuuuuuuck no.
>>
yes you fucking stingy autist
its just 45 ffs, youre not buying diamonds
if youre broke, dont go on dates, cook her shit
>>
>>17086912
Women should pay for half but saying "give me $20" is just autistic.
>>
>>17086912
>Do girls expect you to buy them meals and shit when you first meet?

Not only when you first meet but forever. You have the money which gives you a front row seat to her bagina.
>>
>>17086915
>If it's a date, you should
Meh. It's paying her for her time. Like I'm indebted to her for spending time with me. It's lame.

>>17086919
>yes you fucking stingy autist
y tho

>>17086925
I didn't just blurt out "give me $20". It was more like, let's split this? do you have $20?
>>
>>17086930

Okay, so it was a date. Yeah, you asked her to do something. You're trying to impress her. This is literally what you do on a first date. You pay. This isn't your drinking buddy or whatever.

If you're going to play the game, don't bitch that you lose because you refuse to follow the winning strategy.
>>
>>17086912
Rookie.

You always pay for the first date, but you make it something affordable. Ice cream, coffee, free concert at the park, that kinda shit.

Too food diggers out there to be dropping 20$ on meal that more than likely won't even pan out into a second date.
>>
>>17086912
all expenses are split
anything else is for cuckoldry enthusiasts
>>
File: 1402997443979.jpg (18 KB, 277x400) Image search: [Google]
1402997443979.jpg
18 KB, 277x400
>>17086912

>Do girls expect you to buy them meals and shit when you first meet?

I've dated all kinds. I've dated girls who sit back and let me pay, I've dated girls tell me to put away my wallet and pay for me, I've dated girls who actually got a little insulted when I go to pay and insists she pay for herself.

Depends on what kind of girl you're with. I think for the most part if you take out your wallet and start paying most girls don't have a strong enough opinion or know you well enough to say anything but if you're with one who cringes when you ask her to go dutch (which is not really a new thing) you're with the wrong girl.

My current girlfriend and I just kind of switch off paying for everything. I pay for the movies, she pays for some groceries, I pay for our bar tab, she pays for late night pizza. We never talk about it, it just happens.

Find the right one, OP.
>>
I think using coupons would've been better than asking/demanding money...
>>
>>17086930
whats even lamer is focusing that much on money or i guess you dont have much if you bitch about 45 bucks so do this >>17086943 go to cheaper places
>>
Some do, some don't.

I tend to pay for first dates, but that's only because I'm the one asking them out. If they ask to split the bill I always agree, no reason not to. Still, if you don't want to pay for her shit, then just don't. Only a cunt would get upset over spitting the bill and you don't want to date a cunt anyways, right?
>>
>>17086930
>It's paying her for her time.

Sounds like prostitution.
>>
if you asked her out, you should have paid.

If she asked you, she should have paid

If it was a situation where you just met-and decided to go grab food right then and there, you should have each paid your own share.
>>
>>17086930
>It was more like, let's split this? do you have $20?
You kept her from playing the "who's paying" game. She can't say anything to flirt back with that. The guy is expected either to pay, or at least offer to. The woman then offers to split it, or just accepts. You only gave her one option.

It's like a little personality test on both sides. Did the person come with expectations or were they open minded as to what the date would be?
Did the guy expect the girl to pay, or was he prepared in case she didn't? Did she expect him to pay, or was she ready to support herself if needed?
Works both ways.
>>
>>17086963
you seem pretty lame desu
>>
>>17086930
>Meh. It's paying her for her time. Like I'm indebted to her for spending time with me. It's lame.
Yes. You are indebted to her for her time. If you were out with a CEO trying to get him to buy your idea, you'd be the one paying the meal, wouldn't you?

If you don't like this and don't respect yourself, then dating is not for you.

Now give me $20 for posting in your thread.
>>
>>17086912
From the girl's perspective, if she's choosing between two guys who are pretty similar, she'll go with the one who pays for her.
So it's just in your benefit. You're competing with people who WILL pay for her.

That being said, she shouldn't expect You to pay. That shows that she feels spoiled/entitled.

So if you're not the kind of guy who's ok with that, then you both dodged a bullet
>>
>>17087109
>Now give me $20 for posting in your thread.
Kek
>>
I pay on a first date because it's literally you saying to a girl "I'm a man and have my own money and take care of my own shit"
>>
Every date i've gone on that isn't free, the girl has paid for everything. I did drive though most of the time (even if we used her vehicle) because women can't drive properly
>>
>>17087008
Sigh. This is why I'm single. Not interested in other people's bullshit. Not interested in playing games like that.
>>
>>17086912
On a first date I will pay, I would expect her to offer but we both know I am going to decline and pay anyway.

And usually if we continue to some place like a bar after they generally pay for the first drinks.
>>
>>17086912
If you're the one who asked her out and it's a first date, yes you should pay.
>why?
It's polite, if you didn't want a "big" bill like 45 dollars go somewhere cheaper, it's stupid because you didn't even pay HALF. Always talk about the bill beforehand, and whose going to pay, to do otherwise is just bad form and makes you look bad.
>>
>>17086912
I have more respect for girls who offer to pay. Women have jobs now and some even make more money then men.
>>
>>17087311
But it is not an useless game. These games actually reveal things about other people and you can decide if they are worth your time. In fact the games provide way more honest results than a simple spreadsheet questionnaire; they are way harder to be deceitful about for most folks. They also create a more relaxed environment.

I have never understood why this site hates socializing as a whole, because it is actually useful.
>>
>>17087457
its only useful if the end goal is
and it never is
>>
Female here

If you asked her out, you "should have" paid. If it was a date, you "should have" paid. These are the norms.

Personally, I'd rather split all the bills down the middle, and I'd probably insist on paying the whole tab if I was the one to invite the guy out. But I also asked my ex out, and almost asked him to marry me so maybe I'm a little non-traditional.
>>
>>17086912
Maybe I'm old school. I believe a man should pay for the first date. You're trying to court her, showing her how much of a supreme peacock you can be.
>>
>>17087847
>I believe a man should pay for the first date
Why?
>>17087847
>showing her how much of a supreme peacock you can be.
lol
>>
>>17087457
>I have never understood why this site hates socializing as a whole, because it is actually useful.
Because faking it. With those "winning moves" like paying the bill the only thing that you learn is if the other actually plays the game.

A lot of people in this site are socially awkward and have problems with "lying" when playing the social game.
>>
>>17087861
I'm traditional I suppose. Example, if my sister went on a date with a guy and she told me she paid or split the first date it would leave a bad impression on me.

As for me, I want the woman I'm with to feel secure and taken care of on the first date. It makes a second date more likely.
>>
>>17087862

Because a lot of us don't understand why you have to lie when playing a game in order to attract interest. Because a lot of us are bored/tired/fed up with having to lie to get anywhere.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.