[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting to the age where everyone is getting married
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: Laura-Dekker.jpg (158 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Laura-Dekker.jpg
158 KB, 1280x853
I'm getting to the age where everyone is getting married or having babies or moving in with their long term partners, I haven't even had my first boyfriend, and I'm only just starting university now whilst they have good jobs and travel the world.

How do I deal with this overwhelming feeling of jealousy?
>>
Get back to me when you're 27. Also you're just starting uni so put that on the back burner and focus on making your life awesome before bringing others into the fold.

Or become my internet gf
>>
>>17085813
start dating people and see if you can find a partner? if you're not ugly, or retarded, it shouldent be that hard considering you're a girl.
>>
>>17085813
Well.....

you are not doing nothing. You are starting at university, something few people can afford. so see that as an adventure.

Also, get over comparing yourself with others. If you pursue what YOU want to, and what makes you happy, then it won't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>17085813

Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. Different people find happiness in different things.
>>
>>17085819
>start dating people

HAH if I could date people I wouldn't be fucking jealous would I
>>
>>17085821
I want what they have, but I've never been able to get it, that's why I'm jealous
>>
>>17085845
Deal with it bitch
>>
>>17085843
how can you not date people though? if you dont go outside, you can make an online dating account. you will literally get tons of messages because you're a girl.
>>
>>17085813
Wait until the baby shower where they are all gathered, bring a gun there, go hide in the toilet and pick off anyone who go in.
>>
>>17085851
I go outside and I go on dating sites, only thing I can get is hookups.

Please don't take relationships for granted anon, there are people like me who can't get them.
>>
File: 7ba.png (126 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126 KB, 500x320
>>17085843
> if I could date people
Why can't you date people? College is fucking easy mode. Unless you're a ham beast, it's as simple as going outside.

Jesus with a pack of condoms, in college guys will fuck anything. They'll fuck a lamppost if they can figure out how to get their dick in it. I've seen a guy hit on women at a lesbo rally. College breeds desperation.

If you're a fag, try the local LBGT union. At my college, their meetings were giant meet markets. They might as well have installed a bath house.
>>
>>17085878
I've been going outside and talking to people, still no dates or boyfriends though

There's just too much competition
>>
>>17085871
there are so many single men out there looking for relationships, just look at this board for example. you must find some guys that are looking for more than casual sex. are you reasonably attractive? i have been single for like 2 years. i like it this way.
>>
File: braveheartbruce.jpg (232 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
braveheartbruce.jpg
232 KB, 1920x816
>>17085871
> only thing I can get is hookups
Fat bitch detected.

Stop sucking dick on the first date. Get /fit/. Self respect goes a long way. Make him work for it and your relationship stock will be worth something.
>>
>>17085901
Ive never had a date and im not obese
>>
>>17085899
I haven't so far.
>>
>>17085906
>>17085915

post a pic of yourself
this smells like bait
>>
>>17085915
Just be my internet gf already
>>
>>17085915
this is starting to sound like bait desu. i know alot of guys are looking for hookups rather than dates, however, to say you never find guys looking for dates sounds too strange.
>>
>>17085932
The guys looking for dates pursue other girls. I can't compete.
>>
>>17085939
how attractive are you? make up can do amazing things.
>>
>>17085946
People have said I look average. I know how to use makeup very well.
>>
>>17085813
Just think of them as lemmmings.

Fucking lemmings man.
>>
I know what you mean. I'm a 24 year old spinster. I plan to suicide once my parents die. I don't want to be lonely but I don't want to make an effort.
>>
Are you only trying to meet guys at your university, or other places too? Guys that are a few years older and not at university might be more willing to date and make time for you since they aren't as exposed to all the hot girls at university everyday. There's probably also some sperglord boys at uni that are willing to date you, but they're not attractive enough for you, so...

You either need to get hotter to attract the guys you do want, lower your standards a bit, or hookup with a guy you like and try to make it into a relationship.
>>
>>17085813
Blame feminist for making college/universities hostile agaist men.Now you have to play by thier rules because their is less men around in college and univesties. You women created these men who only want you for sex.
>>
What are your interests?
If you want something serious dont hope to find it in college parties and hookup aps etc
Meet people who share your interests and you will have someone who will like you
Talk to people and make a move
>>
>>17086445
I've already joined hobby groups and made friends from that, but no one has liked me so far

How exactly would you make a move? I've been rejected so far so obviously not doing it right.
>>
>>17086596
Well i dont know how to make a move buy the fact you tried shows you're not one of those i want everything served

Look you can find a person and like them in a week or you can hang out with people for years and then start liking them
Dont give up and good luck
>>
>>17086636
I can not give up, but there's not much hope at this point.
>>
>>17085813
dont talk to people that make you hate your self, simple. i did that and i have no problem with age and my desires.
>>
>>17085813
>>17086040

Online dating? Seriously. Some serious sites and obviously ones you have to pay for, not just the hook up sites.
>>
>>17085813
>>17086660
So what do you think is a relationship for, other than what you describe as social pressure? What is your motivation? Seriously asking.
>>
>>17087367
Affection, companionship, feeling as valuable as other people, because you too have a partner.
>>
>>17085813
That's midlife crisis bait. Avoid that.

>>17085899
You know there are more gay than straight men including women. And many fell to the friendzone trap.
>>
>>17085813
Who cares

Go at your own pace
Nothing is worse than dating/marrying/ACTUALLY producing offspring for the sole purpose of looking social and doing it because other people are doing it

That is the foundation of a divorce, broken family and kids who have no trust in anything
>>
>>17086040
What no come on we're a year apart I meed friends you asshole don't leave me here in the wolrd with the normies
>>
>>17085813
>everyone is getting married or having babies or moving in with their long term partners
>everyone my age is getting married or having babies or moving in with their long term partners
corrected
the solution is simple but tricky
just start socializing with the people at your university, and you will naturally grow with them the tricky part is either you look much older or you personally think you are better/wiser than them just simply if you feel you are above them.
trust me im in the same boat we are in the same boat, friends and hs mates all have jobs and stuff im just stated my first you even thought im 24 i still try to make friends and relationships in my uni, i just watch out for underages and that sort of thing. hope i have helped :)
>>
>>17088398
just saw the sp and grammer errors...i really should have checked for them
sorry!
>>
OP get off facebook. There's real psych research that backs this up, but essentially everyone only posts the good shit about their lives on facebook. It makes you feel inadequate because all you see is your peers succeeding and you not.

Post some pics of yourself so we can see if there are any obvious outward reasons men aren't approaching you.
>>
>>17088407
pls be my friend
>>
kek. This is actually some really decent bait.
>>
>>17088414
This is absolutely true. Facebook is just an ego display case. Truth is, the majority of people deep down feels insecure or unsatisfied.

I know it's easier said than done, but you should try to meet new and inspiring people. I know amazing people that accomplished their own life goals at 40/50+ (starting PhDs, switching careers, pursuing arts). Also people that happily don't give a shit.

Why have you started Uni anyway? What's your goal?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.