[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Been sitting in a room since i was 15. >Found 4 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 07052009097.jpg (883 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
07052009097.jpg
883 KB, 2592x1944
>Been sitting in a room since i was 15.
>Found 4 years older gf at 17 and moved in with her.
>Been sitting in a room since i was 17.
>At 20 Made some money, took her for a couple months long "trip" which ended up with us chilling and doing drugs with locals not far away from here.
>Then we rented another apartment and now i am and have been sitting in a room for another year.

People i used to be friends with still contact me from time to time, wanting to do shit or at least meet. I dont want any of that for some reason.

I do not want to go anywhere, i do not want to do anything except
>Pack my bagpack, walk out the door and travel the world as i wanted since i was 15

But, i attempted that even with relatively lot of money yet i still wasnt able to actually GET anywhere.

I have gorillion ideas on how to make money, i even made money online purely by making 3d models and translations (both of which i learned on my own).

All of that is fucking useless since i dont have any motivation or desire to "keep at it". It usually goes like this
>Get business idea
>Research the possibility of actually executing said idea
>Refine idea to make it possible
>Make a rough plan to make idea come alive
>Tell my gf or online friend about it
>Lose all desire to actually do anything with the idea or work in progress
>Sit in a room some more
>Get another idea and repeat

How can i even move anywhere with my life if i dont have absolutely no motivation or discipline?

Case in point, when i got one of the translation jobs, the first thing i did was to get high and buy beer.

Then smoke weed, drink and work on it through the nights, sleeping over the day.

The employer still liked my work a lot, but i just dont get WHY do i operate like this?

Since i was a kid people kept telling me how smart i am and yadda yadda, what is that shit good for if i dont have the morale/motivation to use that potential? And how can i get it?
>>
>>17085616
TLDR just be yourself.
>>
>>17085643
So, stay in voluntary isolation with zero motivation or desire to live life and do things?

Doesnt sound very fun or fulfilling senpai
>>
I'm sorta the same, just no GF
>>
>>17085616
>WHY do i operate like this?
>i dont have absolutely no motivation or discipline?
You already answered yourself.
>>
>>17085616
Don't fucking tell people your goals, just do them.

Telling others about what you want to do makes you feel like you've already accomplished it and destroys any motivation towards doing it. It's a psychological trick that you NEED to avoid.
>>
>>17087448
Damn anon, i kept thinking that it might have something to do with me telling all about my ideas/plans and shit to other people.

Except i took an esoteric note on all that and just thought
>By telling other people about my plans i must be undoing them somehow

But yeah, your explanation makes sense, and i kind of known it makes sense.

Its just so hard (at least for me) NOT to tell my closest people all about my latest ideas, work in progress, dreams and shit like that.

But yeah man, i will definitely work on this. COMPLETELY execute and only THEN talk about it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.