[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a bunch of reasons I'm nearing 24 years old and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-HidingFromTheVong.jpg (17 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
220px-HidingFromTheVong.jpg
17 KB, 220x293
For a bunch of reasons I'm nearing 24 years old and I've never had experience in a "real" formal job yet. Am I fucked for life now?

pic unrelated
>>
I don't think so. I think any employer, if you are a good candidate for the job other than work experience will give you a chance, but they will be very weary of your job performance, and less likely to give you the same chances another employee gets before pidgeon-holing you into the role of the company idiot. Then if that happens it will be only a matter of time before your disposed of in one way or another.
>>
File: 1461443662614.png (254 KB, 381x403) Image search: [Google]
1461443662614.png
254 KB, 381x403
You're a /pol/tard, aren't you?
>>
>>17085592
You'll have to start from the bottom abut is possible to break through the job market.
Start sooner than late tho.
>>
>>17085667
I have no idea what that means.
>>
>>17085592
+1 for EU, though invasion is one of my least favs.

I don't think so. Some employers might see you as a liability and be less forgiving, because they expect you to "know certain things." But the smart ones will realize you're a blank slate and can mold you to their desire. Don't get manipulated by them though.

The biggest disadvantage I would say you have is knowing nothing about office politics. Knowing when to pick fights about something with coworkers or management and when to let things slide, knowing the types of managers you can even pick fights with, knowing the work conditions that allow you to pick fights with management (mostly union shops, so none) knowing the different management types, dealing with people in general. You can read up on this stuff, but until you live it, you won't understand it.
>>
>>17085592
same here but im 22 and in university. i am not going to finish until i am 24.
>>
>>17085667
You're a weeaboo, aren't you?
>>
What do you mean by a real formal job?
>>
>>17086353
I think he means a job that's not a McJob. One that he could make a living off of.
>>
>>17087424
You used to be able to make a living on $30K salary…not anymore. At least $40K now.
>>
>>17085592
>For a bunch of reasons I'm nearing 24 years old

I can only think of one - you've lived more than 23 years. What are the others?
>>
>>17088302
A comfortable living, $30K is just scraping by now.
>>
>>17088302
I don't find this to be true. I live comfortably on under 30k after taxes in an expensive city, if you live with roommates and have minimal expenses it's not that bad.
>>
>>17089937
And do you live with roommates or by yourself, anon?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.