[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've tried tinder, okcupid, plentyoffish, meetme, bumble,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: 1460006164194.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
1460006164194.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1357
I've tried tinder, okcupid, plentyoffish, meetme, bumble, happn, badoo, clover, pretty much every dating app you can think of

And I've had no luck meeting a nice girl, I don't think I'm even that ugly so honestly IDK what the hell is going on (I can maybe post a pic)

Does anybody have ANY advice for me? I'd appreciate it for sure
>>
Does anyone know any other good dating sites/apps?
>>
>>17080853
This is one of those things where you're going to need to provide a buttfuck load of more detail if anyone's going to have a chance of identifying what you're doing wrong.
>>
>>17080921
I wasn't sure what kind of details would help.. ask and I'll give details
>>
Meet girls outside of dating apps?

Without more info relating to what you're doing on the apps that's all the advice I can give.
>>
>>17080930
How you use the sites/apps, what kind of women you go for, what specific successes and failures you've had, how you approach these women, how you've handled any meetups if there have been any, etc.
>>
>>17080940
I go on them, find girls I find attractive or interesting, read their profile/look at their pictures and then send them a message referencing something in their profile and why it interested me.

This usually results in no reply.

I've had a couple successes where I'll talk to the girl for more than a day, and I've had 2 actual physical dates with girls from online, but nothing more than that.

I thought the dates went well but I guess the feeling wasn't mutual.

>>17080937
>Meet girls outside of dating apps?
I would but I'm kind of an introvert, I don't like going to bars or clubs and now that school is over for the summer I'm mostly at home, so I'm not sure how
>>
File: tCXE4II.jpg (98 KB, 443x788) Image search: [Google]
tCXE4II.jpg
98 KB, 443x788
>pic is me on a bad day

Is it the looks?
>>
>>17080957
Do the girls that don't respond back look at your profile at least? If they do something on it turns them off, and if they don't I'd say they get a lot of messages which is a hassle to deal with.
>>
>>17080966
You're much more attractive than me, and I have a gf, so no.
>>
>>17080957
>find girls I find attractive or interesting
No shit. But how attractive, and interesting in what way? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being she looks like your grandmother, 10 being your perfect woman, what number would you still consider attractive? 8? 6? And how specific are the things that you find interesting? If someone's interests seem like they may differ from you do you take that as a complete no-go?

>send them a message referencing something in their profile and why it interested me.
Do these message usually contain the words, "I would like to meet you for a date," or something to the same effect? Because if they don't you're doing it wrong.

>I've had 2 actual physical dates with girls from online, but nothing more than that.
>I thought the dates went well but I guess the feeling wasn't mutual.
You thought the dates went well. Now you know better. So think harder. What happened on the date that might have put her off? What were the dates like and what could you do better next time?
>>
>>17080972
On OKC and POF some do, some dont, I'd say about quarter check. Some may just not log in or something but some of them check and don't reply.

>>17080975
On a scale of 1-10 I'd say most girls I go for are probably a 7, sometimes 6. I usually don't bother with like 8s and 9s because I know they get tons of messages.

If 10 was ideal, I'd say anything above a 6.5 would be cool with me, looks are important but they're not the only thing I look for.

As far as interests go I have two deal breakers, drugs and cigarettes, if I see that I don't bother.

No the messages don't usually include the I'd like to meet you for a date, I try to atleast open conversation before go for that...

>What happened on the date that might have put her off? What were the dates like and what could you do better next time?

Honestly man I don't know. The dates are usually active, like minigolf or something and then after we go to a coffee place to talk. They seem like they enjoy it, lots of smiles and conversation flows very easily.
>>
>>17080853
Stop looking.

I know its hard but the best ones always appear when you least expect it.
>>
>>17081037
That's scary though, I'm getting older (24 now) and that's kind of how I thought when I was 20, look where that got me.. I don't want to be 30 and in this position
>>
>>17081040
Im 30. You have a long way to go. You are also going to change a lot.

It is better to find somebody closer to 30 than at 24.
>>
>>17080966
It ain't looks. Just go to a bad one in awhile. Maybe just go at first to get used to it. Go from there. Who knows, a lady might approach you.
>>
>>17081051
that might be true but it's super lonely at this age man, especially now with summer here and nothing really to keep my mind busy

>>17081052
I really really dislike bars though, just don't fit in to that crowd
>>
>>17080966
You look fine, really dont know what it is.
Do you say or do anyting that is really weird?
It is possible youre just unlucky
>>
>>17081021
>I usually don't bother with like 8s and 9s
Strrrrrike 1

>No the messages don't usually include the I'd like to meet you for a date
Strrrrrrrike 2

There's not actually a strike 3 here. There's usually a strike 3. Hm.

Anyway you're right 8s, 9s, and 10s do get tons of messages. Do you know who else gets tons of messages? 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s, 2s, and 1s. All women get tons of messages on dating sites. The only way to properly deal with this is by throwing out messages like a paedophile hands out free candy.

See that girl you think is perfect for you, she's got twenty other dudes messaging her, and there's a very real chance she's going to pick one or two or ten of them and not even get the chance to see your message let alone reply to it. So shoot at the 8s and the 9s as well. You might get lucky, and if nothing comes of it, well fuck it makes no difference.

Now I greatly advocate suggesting meetups early on. It's direct, it's confident, and all that talking you want to do before agreeing to meetup can just be done by meeting up.

As for why the dates don't work out, by the sounds of it it's not anything you're doing specifically wrong. Maybe cater the date to the particular girl because different people like different shit, but really two dates is nothing. You could go through a hundred before finding something that sticks. And that goes for simply messaging people too. It's just perseverance.

tl;dr widen your field, don't tip-toe around the fact you're looking for a relationship, and keep on keeping on.
>>
>>17080853
OP, what exactly do you mean by "nice girl"? You're obviously upholding your personal standards and screening accordingly which is great, but I'm just curious what it is you're really vetting for here.
>>
>>17080853
get more hobbies get a better career be more interesting and take a picture outside not in your bed room .
>>
>>17080930
This is why no one likes you. Your profile probably says "lol dunno what to say. If u want to know, just axe me"
>>
>>17080966
You're not ugly, but girls wont settle for average until they're 35 sorry pal
>>
>>17081088
So anyway, just showed your picture to my gf and said "what do you think about this guy, appearance wise"

She said "no".

I asked if you're ugly and she said you're average. She asked to see you again and said the jacket paired with that shirt is 90% of your problem, stating quote

>that is the 6th grade, i wear this every day jacket

And I honestly have to agree. Didnt notice it myself, but you do dress like a 12 year old. Good luck.
>>
Ugly men get women. People who blame their lack of success with women on their looks are just making excuses. So long as you're not a burn victim or the Elephant Man you have a shot.

This being said Anon's gf is on point about the shirt and jacket.
>>
>>17081064
I don't think I do or say anything weird, idk

>>17081065
Dude I send out ALOT of messages

I'll try suggesting dates on the first message but I really don't think that'll work, most people are hesitant to meet someone they havent even talked to

Yeah those were 2 dates I got, I've been trying to get more but its been a no go

>>17081066
Someone that takes care of themselves, isn't insane and drama filled, somewhat intelligent and a good sense of humor, that's usually my criteria

>>17081098
That pic is literally me siting at home right now lol like I said that's not me dressed up and that's not the kind of picture I use for sites/apps

It's also a hoodie not a jacket, house is a bit cold

Literally the equivalent of PJs lol but ok
>>
>>17081116
And for how long have you been trying?
>>
>>17081110
I took that pic just now at home, at 11pm
Those are basically my PJs, comfort clothes. That's not how I dress when I'm looking to impress.

The picture was more of a showcase of my face/features
>>
File: 31.jpg (109 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
109 KB, 600x900
>And I've had no luck meeting a nice girl

What exactly is your standard for a "nice" girl?

How old are you exactly?
>>
>>17081120
On and off for about 2 years. Sometimes I get on and message tons of girls look at tons of profiles, etc. and sometimes I really don't feel like putting in the effort for seemingly nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 555x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 555x675
This is usually how I dress.
>>
>>17081116
No need to get ass ravaged about your outfit, was legitimate advice. If you're so dabonair upload a picture you'd use in a dating profile, and not some "ugly" picture of you sitting around the house if it's such an inaccurate representation of yourself.
>>
>>17081127
Someone that takes care of themselves, isn't insane and drama filled, somewhat intelligent and a good sense of humor, that's usually my criteria

I'm 24
>>
>>17081137
Why don't you have any pictures of yourself dressed how you usually dress?
>>
>>17080853
OP I'm in a very similar boat, right down to only having gotten like 2 dates so far. Nobody sticks around. I'm not super ugly or unlikable but girls have had all sorts of different reasons for not wanting to stick around.

Really, this shit is par the course for many guys. You cannot really pin it down to any individual trait most of the time, because the reality of the situation is that women you meet are just as core of participants in a relationship as you are. In order for them to work, she also needs to decide she wants to make it work. Most people have exceptionally high or strict standards for dating without even realizing it. They come out when they have gut reactions to things somebody said or did, and these gut reactions make them not want to see the person anymore. At the end of the day it's stupid as all hell, but you have to understand that nobody wants to "settle" (read: people don't want to get over themselves)

You aren't a perfect person, but neither are any of these women. Always remember that. Always be open to making slight changes and being better, but understand that at the end of the day, you will never be complete.

>>17081116
>Someone that takes care of themselves, isn't insane and drama filled, somewhat intelligent and a good sense of humor, that's usually my criteria
This can be harder to find than you think it is. But I wish us both the best.
>>
>>17081149
What do you mean?
>>
>>17081129
Well then yeah you're doing something wrong.

Either your idea of tons of messages is completely different to my idea or your problem is some other thing I'm not seeing, which maybe you're not seeing either. I don't know, given everything you're saying you should have some success, certainly more success than one date a year, so either you're not being entirely truthful with us (and yourself) or there's some deeper reason I can't see.

I've done all I can. I'm sorry, Anon. Good luck.
>>
>>17081176
I appreciate the effort, I'm being as truthful as I can, don't think there's anything I'm leaving out.
>>
>>17081183
Post you OKC. I'll give you my first impression on it, and say if you can change a few things to improve your chances.
>>
>>17081222
uhh idk about that man that'd be giving away too much personal info on 4chan of all places lol
>>
>>17081229
You've already posted a pic you fucking faggot just do it
>>
File: profile1.png (79 KB, 586x799) Image search: [Google]
profile1.png
79 KB, 586x799
>>
>>17081229
Change your location or some shit. You'll see my profile not like I'm going to go ham and post it everywhere. Just was willing to give you a woman's perspective.

But if you're uncomfortable with posting your profile then it's alright.
>>
File: profile2.png (40 KB, 558x788) Image search: [Google]
profile2.png
40 KB, 558x788
>>
>>17081166
Just going off the absent face and the file name I'm assuming that's a pic that you nabbed online. I'm wondering why you have pictures of yourself in clothes you don't normally wear, as well as pictures of other people wearing clothes you normally wear, but no pictures of yourself wearing clothes you normally wear.
>>
I posted screenshots, go ham.
>>
>>17081262
>>17081272
I was about to say you type like a big gay redditfag and it turns out you just are one.

You're destined to be alone because you're a fucking faggot and until you address this issue nothing will change. I hope this helps.
>>
>>17081282
... why in the fuck would I go looking for a random guy's faceless picture to post here? I have no reason to do that. That's me whether you want to believe me or not

plus I don't wear the clothes I wear to go out at home, I prefer something more comfortable
>>
>>17081262
don't describe yourself as kind or goody, it sounds lame. Don't say you love fluffy animals. You need a bit of 'edge'. Cut away the part asking to be bought a camera, it makes you sound poor.

Fast cars and Linkin park? Your hobbies and interests sound like a 15 year old's.

Don't use exclamation points
>>
>>17081294
Does small shit like that really effect anything?
>>
File: 1436234139747.jpg (138 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1436234139747.jpg
138 KB, 960x960
>>17081116
>Someone that takes care of themselves, isn't insane and drama filled, somewhat intelligent and a good sense of humor, that's usually my criteria

No girl is perfect OP. For every girl that meets one of your criteria, they're gonna be lacking in one or two of the other.
>>
>>17081301
It affects more than you think, bruv.
>>
>>17081294
Made the changes you suggested.
So how do I add "edge"? I mean I'm not like a "badboy" type or anything
>>
>>17081262
>>17081272
This is how women see your profile

>My self-summary
I'm a pushover

>What I'm doing with my life
I'm poor

>I'm really good at
Being fat and gay

>Favourite blah blah
I spend most of my time doing activities alone and I still listen to Linkin Park

>The six things I could never do without
1. Obligatory
2. Reasonable
3. I'm lazy
4. I'm fat
5. I have no life
6. I'm still fat

>I spend a lot of time thinking about
Lol I'm so randum please love me

>On a typical Friday night I am
Playing World of Warcraft

>You should message me if
You have a vagina.

That entire profile is a shitshow. Start from scratch.
>>
File: depression_dog.jpg (134 KB, 1244x707) Image search: [Google]
depression_dog.jpg
134 KB, 1244x707
>mfw am color-blind
>mfw have to resort to dressing in blacks/greys/whites to avoid unmatching colors
>>
>>17081317
Ok that was funny lol, but help me out then, what the fuck am I supposed to put in those things.

like who the fuck sits down and thinks "hmm what re six fucking things I can't do without"?
Or "I spend a lot of time thinking about" like wtf, yeah I spend a lot of time thinking about whatever the fuck it is I'm doing at that moment
This is some cosmo shit
>>
>>17081313
I mean you need something that sets you apart, something that makes you a bit exciting and unpredictable. I don't know you so I don't know what that is, but have a think about it and I'm sure you'll find something.
>>
>>17081327
>This is some cosmo shit

Yes it is. And who reads Cosmo? Women.

Your entire profile reeks of desperation and loneliness. Be sincere but stop trying so hard and focus a little less on the fact you're a sad loner.
>>
File: prof3.png (29 KB, 556x788) Image search: [Google]
prof3.png
29 KB, 556x788
How's that motherfucker
>>
>>17081347
Honestly, it's an improvement.
>>
>>17081347
Even worse.

Your should stop using dating sites and work on yourself as a human being before attempting to find a mate again.
>>
>>17081357
>>17081359
So which one of you do I listen to... hmm lol
>>
>>17081262
Get some of your hobbies in there. The only one you really talk about is photography, but when you go on to say that you use your iPhone I sense that photography isn't exactly a passion of yours.

Speaking of passion, you claim that you're passionate but don't go on to talk about anything that you're actually passionate about. Everything in your profile is really superficial, nothing distinguishes you from any other human being.

The best thing you can do is eat, and have a slightly above average memory for faces? You're a tech geek right? You could at least talk about some of your strengths with technology.

What I get from this is that you eat, watch TV/movies and browse the Internet. Almost everybody can claim that, but they have personality and interests built on top of that. Sell the parts of yourself that distinguish you from very one else.
>>
>>17081371
good advice, thanks. I'm deleting my account right now and making a new one
>>
>>17080853
Not to sound like a debbie downer, but you should just give up anon. Having a girlfriend is nice and all, but not really worth the trouble. Women are truly scum when they can get away with it so why deal with that bullshit over vagina?
>>
>>17080966
It's the threads man. You're wearing some juvenile poor kid shit.

Couple pictures like that are fine, but have a couple where you dress like an adult too. Also change your background scenery too. Show that you have friends and get out now and again.
>>
>>17081426
trust me my pictures are much better than that one, that was just to show my face not my style. I dress decently, "like an adult".
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.