[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of my professors brought pizza to class and said that if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 125x124
One of my professors brought pizza to class and said that if we want any we'd have to pray with him. Is this allowed? State school btw
>>
bait

of course it's not acceptable.
>>
>>17079060
In not baiting, I was just seriously confused seeing as their were 3 other professors in the room and they didn't saY anything. Who should I report this to?
>>
>>17079053
Just grow the fuck up and take off your fedora.
>>
It's his pizza he can share it with whomever he likes...
>>
>>17079292
Then he shouldn't be bringing it to his classroom if he's going to exclude students. That is bullshit, and not acceptable. The ONLY reason he would do it is to specifically single out the Atheists for public humilitation.
>>
>>17079053
If he bought the pizza he's allowed to do it. It is his pizza, he's allowed to ask anything he wants in exchange for a slice. If you dont want to pray you dont want to eat, fatass
>>
>>17079298
Do you think he has some obligation to share his pizza with the class? No.

Jesus Christ this isn't elementary school, the professor doesn't need to protect your fee fees. He did nothing wrong by only sharing it with people who perform an action. I bet you voted for Bernie Sanders didn't you
>>
>>17079315
That is not acceptable OR professional behavior from a professor.
>>
>>17079320
What he's doing is completely unprofessional. A professor should not be targeting Atheists students for public humiliation like that. If I were OP, I would give him a piece of my mind and then withdraw from that bigot's class.
>>
>>17079324
I agree it's unprofessional. Lamentably, it is still his pizza. He can share it with whom he wants to. Deal with it
>>
>>17079324
This is the real world kiddo, it's perfectly acceptable to exclude people.
>>
>>17079332
Okay this has to be bait now. You got us. There's no way someone is this sheltered and stupid.
>>
>>17079335
HE'S A PROFESSOR, YOU FUCKING RETARD. He has a responsibility to behave in a certain way, and this is not it.
>>
>>17079053
Is it allowed? Yes, it's legal.
Unless the teacher used the school's money to buy the pizza, it is completely up to him who he shares it with because it is private property.

You could perhaps get him "in trouble" with the school system for "religious discrimination" but at most they'll give him a slap on the wrist in front of you and laugh about what a baby you are behind your back.

If you're proud of your beliefs then who cares? Why is it humiliating to have it known that you're an athiest? It's not a bad thing
>>
>>17079339
Bait.
>>
>>17079339
He has a responsibility to act a certain way. He's not obligated to spend his personal money on someone who he doesn't want to share with. That's that.

Sharing is nice but it's not LAW. Like someone can't get fired because they didn't share
>>
Is this bait? No one can be this stupid right?

Let me guess, you're also feeling the bern?
>>
I'm 99% sure this is bait but I'll respond anyway

The professor is being slightly unprofessional sure, but he's not doing anything wrong. If you really wanted the pizza you would've just prayed. He doesn't need to share the pizza with everyone and he certainly has a right to exclude people from it. You seem spoiled and entitled.
>>
I don't think it's acceptable, and I'm a jesus freak.

Separation of church and state and all that brah.
>>
Ignoring the pizza for a moment, your professor should not be making his students pray in class. That is unacceptable.
>>
>>17079053
just bring you own pizza to the next class and give it to the people who refused to pray.
>if he gets mad/asks you to leave tell the dean he is doing religious discrimination
>>
Of course it's allowed. He doesn't have to give you pizza either way
>>
>>17079380
>making his students pray
>citation needed
>>
>>17079475
A professor in a state university SHOULD NOT be having prayer in his class, period.
>>
>>17079550

Aren't you going to school to get an education?

https://www.au.org/resources/publications/prayer-and-the-public-schools

We supposedly live in the "information age". Your lazy asses have no excuse for not taking the 10 seconds it takes to type "prayer legality in state schools" in google.
>>
>>17079577
This is not "public school students praying." This is "Professor at a public university making students pray." Completely different issue.
>>
I'm actually surprised that there are trolls pretending to attack OP and defend the teacher.

He's using literally the most primitive reward system to try and get you to do something you might not want to do. He's offering you food. Catering to the most primitive, animal instincts inside of you, to try and get you to do something

You know religion is mostly bollocks when they need to offer you pizza to take part in it.

Come at me with the fedoraposting now
>>
>>17079655
>not doing this to prove to people how cheap their convictions are
>not laughing inside while people engage in religion they don't believe in for social acceptance and pizza
It's like he's never met a professor with tenure before
>>
>>17079550
it's perfectly fine to pray in school
>>
>>17079338
You think it's professional? Sure he's allowed but do you realize how immature and strange that is? You're missing the point...
>>
>>17079610
He's not forcing them you idiot
>>
>>17079762
I have a thing, if you want thing you need to do thing for me. Thing is not illegal. Yeah not seeing what he did wrong.
>>
>>17079776
It's just that op is a fat ass atheist that got butthurt for not getting a slice of pizza
>>
>>17079053
>One of my professors brought pizza to class and said that if we want any we'd have to suck his dick and swallow. Is this allowed? State school btw

fixed it for you OP
>>
>not just pretending to pray for pizza

You made your choice. Don't be mad that you missed out on pizza because the thought of praying trigger you. Next time just pray, you don't even need to believe it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.