[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend has an extremely negative attitude about almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x393
My boyfriend has an extremely negative attitude about almost everything.

I've tried to help him be more positive but he just annoys me now. We've been together 6 years. Is this the kind of thing to call it quits over?
>>
Absolutely.
Negative attitudes that are unchanging show a lack of care/interest/love from the other end, and will otherwise inevitably rot away at you, even if only slowly. If he doesn't want to become positive, your relationship surely won't be.
>>
Wanting to call it quits is a reason itself to call it quits. There's no resolution to be had. You're not going to change him, he's not going to willingly change himself, you're slowly going to become more negative in response.
>>
He had had a more rough and tumble life than me. His parents divorced when he was 1, which he seems to never have gotten over. He became a huge drug addict and never went to college and live as a broke addict at his mom's house for 10 years while she constantly ridiculed him for being a loser but also had sexual attraction towards him.

Sometimes he can be very positive and sweet but at least once a day his negativity comes out. I've never been with someone so challenging.
>>
Also, the way he talks about women is gross and I guess that is what I dislike the most. He always goes on and on about how women are such whores, even after 6 years together.

This am I realized that before he met me he had his heart broken by some college girl who cheated on her bf and used him as a summer fling. I guess he still hasn't gotten over it. It made me wonder if there wasn't a way to cheer him up and help him get over it and be more sensitive to his needs.
>>
>>17078049
>>17078065
It's great if you want to get that stuff off your chest, however it does nothing to change your current situation. These are excuses and the reasons you feel bad about breaking up.

You will eventually get over a break up. You're not going to eventually get over him being constantly negative. Six years neither deadened you to the negativity, nor did it make him a happier sensitive person.
>>
>>17078049
Holy shit. This dude's mom might have been seriously fucked up, but she was right, he was a loser. Were you with him during this time?

>>17078065
Do you not just tell him to shut the fuck up? You are a woman are you not? Why are you with a guy who thinks of you this way?

I agree with >>17078029, when you feel like you're done, that's plenty enough justification to be done. If you really don't want to be with him anymore, then thinking you should stay simply because you've already invested so much time in him is just wasting more time.
>>
>>17078083
When I met him he started to change his life for the better and he moved out and got a career started. But his mom still calls him all the time and tells him "he is brainwashed" by me, and "just my tool" and she used to call me and curse me out and threaten to sue me (for what? I have no idea. Shes a lawyer and that is her default bitch mode).

I can kind of understand how you could turn hateful to women being around that. But when he acts that way with me I tell him to stop and sometimes cry, but I often get nervous and feel like I am goinf to have a nervous breakdown.

If he could just get over these negative outbursts hes a wonderful guy. Many people see that, not just me. But he doesn't trust shrinks (- same old extreme negativity, "what this fucking asshole wants to get paid a hundred bucks to pretend to care for an hour? Fuck that shit fucking crooks I'm not going to pay some greedy asshole to write me a prescription of whatever")
>>
OP i had almost same situation, but from other side, excluding crazy mom shit. I think you can try to help him with moving on by taking him away from his mother. She seems like she caused lots of his problems. Then try to live casually with him for some time, also you can try to convince him to go to shrink. If it all won't work, break up with him.
>>
>>17078094
If he doesn't make an effort to change -- and it sounds like he's refusing to do so -- this sort of negativity and suspicion is going to get worse and worse as he gets older, not better.
>>
>>17078024
Probably the fact that he's been with the same girl for 6 FUCKING YEARS!!!!

How do you cucks date someone that long???
>>
File: hmmm.png (23 KB, 595x160) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
23 KB, 595x160
>>17078094
>>17078049
>>17078065
>>17078083
Intelligent people tend to be more negative. They are much more likely to see things for how they really are and dont like to lie to themselves.They are going to see dumb shit that can be improved. If you spend your entire life with women being crazy manipulative cunts and whores then you probably wont have many nice things to say about them. Your BF has dealt with some very shitty women in his life and even you are going online and talking shit behind his back. No wonder he thinks those things. Youre not helping your argument.

His negativity towards women not only comes from his personal experiences but we live in a time where women are constantly saying dumb illogical bullshit for the sake of feminism on every form of media.

I haven't had many positive experiences with women either. Literally every female friend I have had, including my family, has cheated at least once in their lives. Meanwhile not even one of my guy friends has ever cheated. My brothers wife cheated on him and left him and their 4 children for a drug dealer. I lived with 4 girls in a single apartment while in college and every one of them cheated constantly.

I also have been called negative a lot because I get incredibly annoyed by stupid shit people say. The world is filled with ignorant, uneducated, illogical morons. I had to completely remove myself from any and all social media because people are constantly sharing the dumbest fucking articles. SJW nonsense, BLM posts, feminist male privilege horseshit, and bullshit news articles from sites like Cop Block or Vice. They are just incredibly stupid and pointing out factual errors or illogical conclusions makes me a negative person to people that don't know better.

>I've never been with someone so challenging
Not everyone comes from an easy life with no problems or traumas. Some people have seen shit you will never be able to understand or comprehend. You're complaining about a non issue here.
>>
>>17078250
To add, I have known 3 women that "don't like negativity". Two of those girls were insanely beautiful but also insanely terrible people. One of them was constantly trying to fuck older married men(and was successful every time) and only got work because of that. She ended up marrying her boss and then cheating on him with another married man ending in divorce and losing her job. But it's ok because she is now married to another man that run's the firm she now works at.

The other girl is almost the same story. She is very very pretty and has been given opportunities that average looking people just wouldn't. She is a very shitty artist but because of her charisma and looks has been able to sell her art with ease. And I mean they are really really really shitty paintings. The last time I saw her she was dating the man that owned the largest gallery in the city.

Third and last girl is my ex. For five years I took care of her and her mother. Neither one of them worked for that entire time while I payed all the bills and rent. Both her and her mom were using me all those years as they were waiting for their dead grandfather's inheritance to come through(some long legal battle apparently). As soon as the money was in their bank my ex cheated on me and moved in with a guy she had only known for a week or two.

All those girls were constantly complaining about "negative people" and how they should be positive and try to be happy.

What I'm trying to say here is the type of person that complains about "negativity" is the type of person that has had everything given to them.
>>
>>17078250
I'm sure you spend a lot of time patting yourself on the back for how intelligent and correct you are, but sadly for you...

>The world is filled with ignorant, uneducated, illogical morons.
...you are one of them.

I'm guessing that at least you're dealing with your negativity and misery alone instead of seeking to inflict it on someone else.
>>
>>17078049
>His parents divorced when he was 1, which he seems to never have gotten over
This makes no fucking sense. Is this the excuse he's using? He needs to stop using that excuse. He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it.

>>17078250
>Intelligent people tend to be more negative
kys retard
>>
>>17078300
> He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it.

holy shit are you fucking retarded or what? Seriously, how fucking dumb are you?

Knowing your father abandoned you and growing up in a single parent household is a life long deal.

Have you tried actually thinking for once in your life?

>>17078286
Such a great argument. Just go straight to attacking the individual proving exactly what was said.

You two are exactly what I was talking about.
>>
>>17078310
>proving
That word does not mean what you think it means.

>are you fucking retarded or what?
Wow, nice argument Anon, you sure showed me.

Fuck off, kiddo. You know nothing.
>>
>>17078329
So you're saying that growing up knowing your father abandoned you and your mother isn't a life long deal? That having a single parent doesn't negatively affect people's lives and mental health?

You realize there are countless studies that show the negative effects of growing up in a single mother household.

You're either trolling or actually retarded Just... you're exactly what I was talking about. You're too fucking dumb to even notice it.
>>
>>17078310

Holy shit you need to calm the fuck down.
>>
>>17078065
>>17078049
This man needs Bill Burr
>>
>>17078329

>effects a child has without a father at the age of 1 and up
Data from three waves of the Fragile Families Study (N= 2,111) was used to examine the prevalence and effects of mothers’ relationship changes between birth and age 3 on their children’s well being. Children born to single mothers show higher levels of aggressive behavior than children born to married mothers. Living in a single-mother household is equivalent to experiencing 5.25 partnership transitions.

Source: Osborne, C., & McLanahan, S. (2007). Partnership instability and child well-being. Journal of Marriage and Family, 69, 1065-1083.

>negative impact on growing up without father involvement
In a study examining father involvement with 134 children of adolescent mothers over the first 10 years of life, researchers found that father-child contact was associated with better socio-emotional and academic functioning. The results indicated that children with more involved fathers experienced fewer behavioral problems and scored higher on reading achievement. This study showed the significance of the role of fathers in the lives of at-risk children, even in case of nonresident fathers.

Source: Howard, K. S., Burke Lefever, J. E., Borkowski, J.G., & Whitman , T. L. (2006). Fathers’ influence in the lives of children with adolescent mothers. Journal of Family Psychology, 20, 468- 476.

>>17078369
>pointing out logical fallacies
>HES FREAKING OUT
Really? Just really?
>>
>>17078363
No, that's not what I'm saying at all, you fucking retard. What I'm saying is there's a HUGE difference between your mother raising you alone since you were 1 and having your parents split up when you're 10, for example.

Growing up from a very young age with a mother only is not the same as being abandoned at an age when you're old enough to realize what's happening, retard.
>>
>>17078390
How fucking autistic are you? Let me guess, you grew up without a father and now you're all emotional over it. Get the fuck over it, kiddo.
>>
>>17078390
>muh muh fallacies

God damn you are some kind of retard.
>>
ITT: Assblasted nigger with daddy issues freaks out
>>
>>17078390

"His parents divorced and he never got over it" implies that the divorce itself was a traumatic experience, which it is for many children.
It's ridiculous to suggest that a baby would be impacted by a shift in a status quo that hasn't even been established and the baby has no ability to commit it to memory.

Growing up in a home without a father is a different situation, and it wouldn't make a difference if his dad stepped out when he was 1 or the minute he was conceived.
Not to mention OP didn't even specify the living situation.

But assuming that is the situation, OP misspoke (or is an idiot buying a sob story excuse) and anon is right to say that the boyfriend couldn't be affected by a trauma he essentially didn't experience (if a little obtuse to not grasp OP's general meaning about his coming from a broken home).
>>
>>17078413
>OP's general meaning about his coming from a broken home
That's like saying "He had a bowl of shitty ice cream once and never recovered" has a "general meaning" related to the long-term health impact involved in eating ice cream every day for your entire life. It's nonsense. If OP had a "general meaning about his coming from a broken home," then OP needs to express that general meaning in a more effective way.
>>
>>17078395
>kiddo
>autistic
>emotional

Took about 30 seconds of googling. I know you want to believe I'm scrambling through textbooks and trying super hard to find basic info so I can post it here but I'm not.

I don't even have to try to make you look like an idiot. You're doing just fine on your own with that.

>>17078391
That's not what you said at all. Go back and actually read your post. You said that his father leaving is not an excuse for having negativity issues and doing destructive acts such as taking drugs.

And you're wrong. There are plenty of studies that link those types of activities with growing up without a father. He didn't have to witness the act for it to affect his life.

These are the people I have to deal with. People that can't even remember the shit they posted less than an hour ago. You dumb fucks are so beneath me it isn't even funny. It's just sad how stupid you are.
>>
OP I call one of my ex-gf a vampire, because she just drained the life out of everyone around her.
I wasted 2 years trying to change her, and that just isn't going to happen.
Some people are just negative forever.

It wasn't easy calling it quits, because I do care about her, but I just couldn't give any more.
Surround yourself with positive people, it's contagious. Dump the negativity.
>>
>>17078416

More like "he was born without legs and never got over it." Which is fucking stupid to say, yeah, but it's pretty clear how being born without legs might adversely effect one's life while also not being impossible to emotionally overcome.
>>
>>17078422
>These are the people I have to deal with.
>>17078310
>Have you tried actually thinking for once in your life?

What the fuck are you, a jewish mother? A nagging girlfriend? You sound like a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>17078424
>More like "he was born without legs and never got over it."
You're right, that's a much better comparison.

>>17078422
>I know you want to believe I'm scrambling through textbooks
Well, no. That's not even close that what I was saying. Do you even know how to read, kiddo?

>You said that his father leaving is not an excuse for having negativity issues and doing destructive acts such as taking drugs
No, that's not what I said. I responded SPECIFICALLY to the claim OP made, that he "never got over" his father leaving when he was 1. HE DIDN'T EXPERIENCE HIS FATHER LEAVING. THERE'S NOTHING TO "GET OVER." Whether or not he was raised by a single mother is a different issue entirely.
>>
>>17078413
Are you fucking idiots just completely illiterate or what?

>Growing up in a home without a father is a different situation,
Seriously though how dumb are you? Can you not possibly imagine or think of any reason someone would have issues knowing that they weren't important enough for the father to stay around? Or how that might affect their views on life? It's not a hard concept.

>anon is right to say that the boyfriend couldn't be affected by a trauma he essentially didn't experience
Again, it's not just the trauma of the event. Just growing up without a father is bad for children. Like the things I posted >>17078390

but whatever. Just remain ignorant. It's your choice.
>>
>>17078433
Nigger it sounds like you are far too close to this emotionally. Go cry yourself to sleep instead of shitposting about your feelings on /adv/.
>>
>>17078433
>Can you not possibly imagine or think of any reason someone would have issues knowing that they weren't important enough for the father to stay around? Or how that might affect their views on life? It's not a hard concept.
What is reading comprehension?
Or... you know, reading. At all. Since I said this.
>>
>>17078426
>You sound like a fucking dumbass.
The guy that posts supporting data for his argument is the dumb one here.

Not The little whiny bitch that has nothing important to say and probably never will for their entire life.

That was sarcasm by the way. I really need to point out the simple things as if I were speaking to a child in these replies or you guys will get confused.

>>17078429
God you're so dumb. He doesn't need to experience the act to know his father abandoned him. He still knows it happened. He still knows his father left him and he wasn't important enough for the father to stick around. That he grew up without a father and had to suffer the negative consequences of that fact.
>>
>>17078446
>He doesn't need to experience the act to know his father abandoned him
It's called communication skills, idiot. OP clearly lacks them if the intention was to say that his upbringing was ruined by his father leaving. OP said he "never got over" his father leaving when he was a little baby. That's complete nonsense, unless OP's bf is the most sensitive pussy-ass bitch on the planet.
>>
What is even happening ITT?
Is OP even here anymore?
>>
>>17078454
No, this OP was posted hours ago. Now it's just a pussy bitch with daddy issues crying about his feelings.
>>
>>17078310
>Such a great argument
That wasn't an argument, it was an observation.

You're a bitter loser because you weren't wise enough to see the situation you were in, and once you realized it, you've decided to take the extreme position that everyone around you is crap because you're not smart enough to understand otherwise. That's too bad for you, but that's fine for me and everyone else. It sucks being around people like you, but fortunately being around you isn't a necessity.

I happen to agree with one thing you wrote. People who constantly complain about the negativity of others are people who mostly suck. Instead of working to minimize the negative shit in their lives, they just focus on and become the very thing they're complaining about. Have you noticed that you have a lot in common with the attitude of your ex-gf in thinking so poorly of most other people?
>>
>>17078452
>unless OP's bf is the most sensitive pussy-ass bitch on the planet.

More like a fucking super prodigy to have such incredible memory and comprehension skills as a 1 year old. No wonder this poor supergenius has to numb his mind with drugs, living among us peasants.
>>
>>17078435
>nigger
>too close
>emotional
This is the second or third time you've said this and it wasn't true then and it still isn't. I'm not a nigger, I have both my parents, and I'm not emotionally close to this. You're just an idiot.

>>17078445
You are arguing ideas I never said.

>It's ridiculous to suggest that a baby would be impacted by a shift in a status quo that hasn't even been established and the baby has no ability to commit it to memory.

>Growing up in a home without a father is a different situation, and it wouldn't make a difference if his dad stepped out when he was 1 or the minute he was conceived.

>But assuming that is the situation, OP misspoke

I never said a baby would feel the trauma of his father leaving. I never said the trauma was the determining factor in any of it. From the beginning I have been saying growing up without a father is going to affect his outlook on life and have other negative effects. Children at the age of 1+ without fathers have higher levels of aggression which is what I quoted.

The guy I originally replied to said
>This makes no fucking sense. Is this the excuse he's using? He needs to stop using that excuse. He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it
Which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>17078452
Seriously I want you to think really hard about this.

1. He doesn't have to remember the act of his father leaving for it to give him a sour thought about his father. He knows his father left him. He knows his father didn't think he was important enough for him to stay around. He can still hate someone for leaving him to a single mother that treats him like shit. Are you so fucking retarded you can't understand this?
2. Growing up without a father has many negative effects on a child. Which makes him have a harder life than OP. Which means it makes more sense for him not to be all that happy about life.

>>17078457
You just get dumber and dumber as time goes on. Read the above dumbass and try not to hurt your brain while processing the information.
>>
>>17078474
>You are arguing ideas I never said.
Because I'm not fucking talking to you, you spastic. This started with something anon said and you replied to. Something that you completely fucking misinterpreted.

>He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it
Yeah. He doesn't REMEMBER it.
He doesn't remember the would-be trauma of the divorce event.
That's what that is referring to.
That is not referring to the lifelong adversity of growing up without a father.
Are you saying anon was saying OP's boyfriend wouldn't remember his entire fucking upbringing?
>>
>>17078456
>it was an observation.

First, nothing in your beginning sentence was said by me.

Second, you have no evidence to support your second claim.

Your third sentence is precluded by
>I'm guessing

This is just proof you're a fucking idiot that doesn't even know what the definition of "observation" is. Here, let me help you.

>the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information
>a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed.

You made claims and wild assumptions based on nothing. You clearly couldn't come up with any of that from what I typed. Any observations you were making were of a colon because your head is so far up your own ass.
>>
>>17078486
>I'm not fucking talking to you, you spastic
Then why the fuck are you replying to my posts? You do know how this system works right?

>Something that you completely fucking misinterpreted.
Nope.

>That's what that is referring to.
>That is not referring to the lifelong adversity of growing up without a father
Think hard about this

He doesn't have to remember the act of his father leaving for it to give him a sour thought about his father. He knows his father left him. He knows his father didn't think he was important enough for him to stay around. He can still hate someone for leaving him to a single mother that treats him like shit. He can hate someone for making him grow up fatherless and having to face that lifelong adversity. In fact, most people whose fathers abandoned them before they were born feel that way towards their "fathers".

Are you so fucking retarded you can't understand this?
>>
>>17078506
>He doesn't have to remember the act of his father leaving for it to give him a sour thought about his father.
Jesus christ, you are so unbelievably stupid, I really hope you're trolling.

No one is arguing this.
At all.
>>
>>17078531
OP
>His parents divorced when he was 1, which he seems to never have gotten over

anon replies
> Is this the excuse he's using? He needs to stop using that excuse. He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it.

anon replies
>What I'm saying is there's a HUGE difference between your mother raising you alone since you were 1 and having your parents split up when you're 10,

anon replies
>"His parents divorced and he never got over it" implies that the divorce itself was a traumatic experience, which it is for many children.
It's ridiculous to suggest that a baby would be impacted by a shift in a status quo that hasn't even been established and the baby has no ability to commit it to memory

So what exactly are people arguing here? They are saying the father leaving the family when he was a baby couldn't possibly have an effect on his life and his current outlook.

and this is the argument saying he could still be angry at his father for leaving him and his mother

>He knows his father left him. He knows his father didn't think he was important enough for him to stay around. He can still hate someone for leaving him to a single mother that treats him like shit even if he wasn't aware of what was happening at the time. He can hate someone for making him grow up fatherless and having to face that lifelong adversity.

The BF is upset over his situation in life. He's upset his father left him at such a young age and he hasn't gotten over it yet. How is this so fucking hard for you dumbfucks to understand?

you're a god damn retard.
>>
>>17078556
>So what exactly are people arguing here?

That "he hasn't gotten over a trauma when he was 1" is a fucking retarded thing to say.

Literally no one has suggested for a moment that growing up without a father wouldn't affect someone.
Clearly it turned you into a fucking retard, for one.
>>
>>17078572
are you just not reading what I'm typing here you fucking idiot?

>His parents divorced when he was 1 COMMA
>which he seems to never have gotten over.

Just fucking try and use your fucking brain for once you fucking idiot. He hasn't gotten over the fact his parent's got divorced. Even if he only realized what that meant when he a teenage. He's angry he doesn't have a father. He's angry his father would leave him and he's still angry over it. How is this so fucking hard for you to understand?

OP DIDN'T SAY "He has been upset ever since he was 1 year old." OP SAID "His parent's got divorced when he was 1" AND THEN "He hasn't gotten over it."

I'll say it again for your fucking tiny ass brain to understand. THE BF is still hates the fact his father left him and his mother even after all these years. He could have been 10 and asked "so mom, where is dad?" and the mom says to him "Your father left us when you were one" and then the OPBF says "I hate him for leaving us! I will never forgive him!" and to this day he's still angry over it.

Fucking christ it's like talking to literal retards here.
>>
>>17078597
Fucking using swype to type and getting weird grammar. Missing "s"s and other important letters in words.
>>
>>17078184
>long term monogamous relationship
>click

Don't just throw out buzzwrds you see on Facebook if you have no idea what it means
>>
File: 1455409497820.jpg (15 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1455409497820.jpg
15 KB, 604x438
>>17078572
The sad part here is that you fucking idiots are just so desperate to show me up because I said "Intelligent people tend to be more negative" in my first post. You are trying so hard to find anything you possibly can to use against me that you have completely abandoned all logic. You fags are so hell bent on getting that zinger in. Just desperately clinging to this one little concept and showcasing the dumbest fucking mental gymnastics I have seen in awhile.

You're blinded by that desperation. It's not that hard of an idea to understand. "The BF hates his father for divorcing his mother even to this very day." But good god do you dipshits want that little victory over me.

This is the type of shit I was talking about in my original post.
>>
>>17078597
>>His parents divorced when he was 1 COMMA
>>which he seems to never have gotten over.

Which implies he never got over that as a specific event. The 'it' being the divorce. He never got over the divorce he witnessed when he was one year old.

Which is a completely different statement than "he grew up in a broken home and it's adversely impacted his life." This is a completely reasonable statement that no one has ever argued against. No one is arguing that growing up fatherless will likely fuck you up.

No one is arguing about the boyfriend's feelings at all. They're arguing about OP expressing a thought stupidly.
>>
>>17078657
>The sad part here is that you fucking idiots are just so desperate to show me up because I said "Intelligent people tend to be more negative" in my first post.
Holy shit, you're the same guy? But you're seriously retarded.
>>
Here's the million dollar question. Does it still feel like abandonment if you never knew the guy in the first place? I have my doubts.
>>
>>17078658
>He never got over the divorce
>he witnessed when he was one year old.

That's not at all what op said. OP said the parents got divorced COMMA (making this two separate ideas) which happened when he was one.

OP is literally saying hes angry his parents got a divorce, not that he was caught in a bitter divorce fight or had to witness the separation of his parents.

>he grew up in a broken home and it's adversely impacted his life.
Exactly. OP said he's angry they split and they aren't together anymore. OP is angry that it HAPPENED AND HIS FATHER LEFT HIM. It doesn't fucking matter if he saw it with his own god damn eyes. It still happened. He's angry his father put him in that situation. He's angry at his parents for divorcing. He didn't have to fucking witness it to still hate it.

It's like saying "He was blinded when he was one, which he seems to never have gotten over it". He wouldn't remember the trauma of HAVING SIGHT(having a father) to NOT HAVING SIGHT(father leaving) but he can still be angry that he was blinded. He can be super angry and bitter that he was blinded at 1 as well as suffer from the adversity of being blind.

Do you not fucking get it yet?
>>
>>17078680
>OP said the parents got divorced COMMA (making this two separate ideas) which happened when he was one.
'which' = cause and effect.
He never got over his parent's divorce.
He never got over an event he didn't experience.
That's a retarded thing to say.

>It's like saying "He was blinded when he was one, which he seems to never have gotten over it". He wouldn't remember the trauma of HAVING SIGHT(having a father) to NOT HAVING SIGHT(father leaving) but he can still be angry that he was blinded. He can be super angry and bitter that he was blinded at 1 as well as suffer from the adversity of being blind.
I said this exact fucking thing like hours ago, you absolute retard.
>>
>>17078664
>can't understand simple concepts
>calling others retarded
huehuehuehue

>>17078672
Can you feel like an outsider for not having what is considered to be a normal family? Seeing other people's fathers playing catch with their sons and not being able to have that same connection? can you feel worthless because a father is suppose to take care of their child and you weren't important enough to him to do that? Wouldn't you feel like shit knowing you just aren't worth it?

>Does it still feel like abandonment if you never knew the guy in the first place?
The answer to those questions and this one is yes.
>>
>>17078696
>Can you feel like an outsider for not having what is considered to be a normal family?
>implying children of divorce aren't the new norm
>>
Ask him to read "Feeling Good" by David Burns and go to therapy. If that doesn't help, you should leave him. I have broken up with guys for being depressed. It will wear you down. I used to be depressed/suicidal, and learned to overcome the negative (distorted) thinking. Now that I'm generally positive, I personally don't have much patience for anyone who is chronically negative.
>>
Anyway, the excuse he uses for being such a negative nancy is largely irrelevant. Millions of kids grow up without fathers. Millions of kids watch their families break up right in front of their own eyes as they grow up. But they don't all become miserable wretches of a man, do they? No, they don't.

It's time for this guy to stop making excuses for himself. And OP needs to stop enabling those excuses.
>>
>>17078695
>He never got over an event he didn't experience.
OP didn't say that, you did. No one else is saying that. Why are you being so fucking retarded. Op simply said

>His parents divorced when he was 1, which he seems to never have gotten over..
>never have gotten over being divorced
>never have gotten over not having two parents

OP said nothing about a fight or going from having a father to not having a father. It's simply saying that he is upset his parents split when we was young. He hasn't gotten over the fact he grew up without both parents.

The part about the trauma of the divorce itself is never said or implied. OP never even hinted at there being any trauma from the act itself. Again, that's all in your fucking head because you're desperately trying to be right. Just incredibly desperate.

>I said this exact fucking thing like hours ago, you absolute retard
And yet you keep saying stupid shit over and over and over.

No one said it was the event that he hasn't gotten over. The event going from having a father to not having a father. That's in your head.

Like going from being able to see to not being able to see. Someone can hate the fact they were blinded without actually remembering the event in which it happened. They would just know "this isn't normal and I have suffered because of this thing that has happened. I hate that this has happened to me and I dwell on it constantly rather than just accepting it".

OP didn't miss speak. OP's BF isn't saying he went through a trauma as a one year old that effects his life today like this idiot took it as >>17078300

You people I swear to god.
>>
>>17078739
>No one else is saying that.

Except literally everyone else you've been arguing with. Which is everyone else ITT.
Apparently I'm just the one loser who's still here.

In any case, it seems like you've finally fucking cottoned onto what people are saying, so if you need to save face and pretend you're not retarded for taking this fucking long, have at it. I'll admit it's a really fucking stupid thing to argue over in the first place, and the anon who started all this deserves a punch in the balls for being a moron. Just being persnickety about semantics, I could forgive, but yeesh.
>>
>>17078701
Considered doesn't always reflect reality. even if it did, having both parent's is simply healthier than growing up with a single mom. You can still hate your father for not owning up to his responsibility and giving you a healthy childhood.

>>17078716
It's not an excuse it's just what happens after years of neglect and abuse. Saying someone shouldn't be affected by their past trauma's or shitty lives because you or some people you know ended up ok is incredibly ignorant. Telling someone to "just get over it" is not helpful.

>>17078709
>Now that I'm generally positive, I personally don't have much patience for anyone who is chronically negative.
Much in the same way a "negative" person might not have much patience for things they think "Wear them down". Saying you don't have patience for things you don't like is exactly how those negative people you hate so much think.

People come off as negative because they don't have the patience to deal with bullshit.
>>
File: 1458865304089.gif (719 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
1458865304089.gif
719 KB, 270x360
>>17078752
What the fuck are you even talking about now? You still believe OP either misspoke or the BF couldn't be upset over the divorce because he was 1?

Again, to refresh your retarded memory this is the guy I was saying was wrong from the beginning.
>>17078300
>This makes no fucking sense. Is this the excuse he's using? He needs to stop using that excuse. He was A BABY. He doesn't even remember it.

You're wrong. You're fucking retarded. The BF can still be angry at his parents being divorced. He doesn't have to remember or witness the event and that's not what the OP was saying. OP didn't say it was THE DIVORCE that affects him. OP said HE IS STILL ANGRY HIS PARENT GOT DIVORCED

It's the difference of being angry because someone dropped a plate that creating a loud unpleasant noise sending glass flying violently everywhere and being angry over the fact you don't have a plate since yours no longer functions as it's suppose to since its lying broken in pieces on the ground.

So to recap
>BF is still angry his parents got divorced
>As in BF is angry he grew up without a father and is angry he didn't have a nromal family
>BF still suffers from all the negative effects of growing up in a single parent household
>You faggots saying he has to remember all the details of the days his parents moved away in order for him to be angry at them getting divorced are idiots that don't understand extremely simple ideas.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.