[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinder,am I really that ugly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: 1461538186499794833903.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1461538186499794833903.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Okay,I've been using tinder for about 6 months now on a daily bases and I haven't given a single person a left swipe,right swipe for everyone.I just want to meet someone kind at my new duty station pic is me.any advice on how I can change myself up to look better?
>>
I set my account for 100 miles and haven't given a left swipe.not one match
>>
>>17072039
Tinder is essentially a platform to remind sub 8 men they will never get women
>>
>>17072035

You look tired/drousy/sleepy in the photo.

If you're going to pull the military card, at least make an attempt to look badass.
>>
>>17072035
Tinder around a military base is equivalent to waving around your benefits to all of the hippos around base. Go to someplace that has a hobby you like. Lurk there until you find a chick, strike up a conversation, maybe it'll pan out maybe it won't, but it's 100 times better than getting stuck with a 3/10 military dependa.
>>
>>17072035
you look fine but you look really tired and bored, maybe try smiling. i dont know what is up with tinder desu. i dont know if girls have ridiculous standards or? i get pull girls pretty easily in real life but i barely get any matches on tinder.
>>
>>17072061
Ridiculous standards
>>
>>17072054
Bruh,I've been awake for 24 hours on a cq.I feel like hammered shit.
>>
>>17072069
thanks, i guess when they have the option to choose, they are only going to pick the guys that they find extremely attractive
>>
>>17072074

I know.. I might have been a bit harsh in my post.

- I've been in the army too, and I know what one's face looks like.

Take a new photo when you're not fatigued/tired, then you should be fine. You are not ugly.
>>
>>17072074
so that isnt the picture you use for tinder? post pic you use for tinder, if you dont mind.
>>
Online dating is literally just the most ridiculous waste of time for men. 99% of girls will swipe you right, but won't ever talk to you.

Most girls just harvest messages for ego boosts, like the subhumans they are. Its much easier to meet a reasonable, well adjusted one in person. Trust me.
>>
>>17072087

Because guys don't do that either..

- Tinder is all about self validation. Guys are just as bad as the girls in relation to not responding to messages e.g
>>
File: 1461539111692-1104368560.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1461539111692-1104368560.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
This is what I posted 25 hours ago on tinder
>>
>>17072090
No they really aren't. Most men who do not reply, do so because a lot of the time, they rarely ever look at tinder.

I was on my sister's phone, and she had like 500 messages she looked at, but never replied to. No guy will ever have that kind of inbox, while every single girl above a 5 will. The ONLY men who get that kind of inbox are literal models/famous people. Online dating is super skewed.
>>
>>17072087
most girls dont swipe right dude. though the ones that do, barely reply.
>>17072090
more guys wipe right than girls desu but are you sure they are just as bad as girls in regard to responding? im not a girl so i dont know, all i know is that most girls dont even bother replying.
>>
>>17072092
you look good. dont worry about it. the women on tidner have retarded standards, i dont know why, it baffles me. they are obviously not going to find a model or a movie star on there.
>>
>>17072095

I do it, or rather I used to do so before I met my girlfriend, I'd have tons of messages that I'd never reply to. Same thing goes for my roomies and a lot of the other guys in our circle.

Getting messages on Tinder isn't that hard if you're a decent looking fellow.

That being said, in relation to OP. 70 % of the base probably has Tinder, so perhaps the chicks in the nearby area can't be arsed.
>>
>>17072097

I can only speak on my own behalf, and yes. I was just as bad.
>>
>>17072095
this is true. sometimes women have messaged me on tinder but i didnt see it until a few days later because i never check tinder as i assume no one will message me
>>
>>17072102
I've dated actual models that I met in person, but not a single girl will talk to me on tinder that is above a 6. There have been a few exceptions, but the overwhelming majority will ignore anything you say, at least in my area. And my buddy who is even better looking than me has the same issue, and this is a guy who can go to a bar and pull a 8 or a 9 any night he feels like.
>>
>>17072035
You're average.

Here's the deal -- your pictures suck and you're a shitty writer which are pretty much the two biggest barriers while dating.

Make sure to take a picture of you doing something at least mildly interesting (playing an instrument, holding a puppy, whatever) in natural sunlight preferably fitting in with the rule of thirds. IDEALLY you'd be doing this during the golden hour (12). Make sure you're facing your light source as well.

Basically just put something funny/witty/memorable in your profile. Chicks love it when you sarcastically brag about yourself which, I know, I get it, it's douchey as shit but the thing is that women are stupid animals despite how much they'd rather you not think so. Also stop slouching, gosh.

The rest is honestly just mileage b/c dating is a number's game for men.
>>
Yes, you're ugly. Not to sound mean, but it's the truth. Better than those telling that confidence and personality matter. Only looks matter to get a girl, join /r9k/ and the incel revolution.
>>
>>17072112
same here. i can go to a bar, and pull a girl really easily if i want. on tinder i get about one match a day, if i am lucky. i know i am not bad looking either because girls and guys often tell me i am good looking.
>>
>>17072112

Yeah.. I can relate. Friend of mine is good looking, fit and just became a doctor. For whatever reason he gets zero interactions on Tinder. But he'll be able to land anyone at the clubs and bars that we go to.

It's pretty strange. He's pretty fucking frustrated about it, haha
>>
>>17072119

This OP,

A photo of yourself from the chest and upwards in a suit can work wonders as well.

Unless you're 16 suits are like lingerie for men (in the eyes of women).
>>
>>17072125
>>17072126
Bitches just suck on internet dating. They take on a different attitude than they do in person. Most use it as a tool to find the absolute most attractive guy they can find, and the rest as far as they care can fuck off.

Meanwhile in person, you can just get them drunk on confidence, and take them home in 30 minutes, if you're even remotely well put together, or have money.
>>
I feel like I could start a career as a tinder consultant. I changed my buddy's profile and coached him through his first tinder match and she fucked him that night. My other friends get a ton of matches after I told them what pics to use
Anyway pics:
>natural light is best
>no fucking selfies unless it's clearly from snapchat or with friends. Selfies indoors make you look like a serial killer
>full body pic preferably doing a hobby
>social pic with friends
Other pic ideas
>pics with pets, you need to be in these no pics of just pets, also preferably dogs
>travel pics, again you should be in your pics

DO NOT:
>indoor selfie. Again, you look creepy in these, if you're attractive enough to pull it off you probably have better pics to post than these
>pics with a girl. Unless it's a group pic, never post a pic of just you and a girl
>gym selfies, topless posing shit. These are lose lose. If you have a great body, you'll look narcissistic. If you have a shit body, why show it? If the gym is your life, post an active pic rather than a flexing selfie.

Your main pic should be your most flattering.
>>
>>17072119
>asically just put something funny/witty/memorable in your profile
this is why i cant be bothered with women most of the time. its actually so childish if women expect pictures like this.
>>
My female freinds who aren'te ven that attractive have 100+ matches or some shit like that, now wonder they won't talk to anyone except the hottest guys.
>>
>>17072119
Bullshit, girls on tinder want only good looking boys. If you have to fake it.. they'll reject you when you meet them. Don't listen to these lies.
>>
>>17072143

They don't expect the pictures. But they are what works best.
>>
>>17072151
reminds me of the way women will often say they dont like violence but will get wet as fuck if a guy fights another guy for her. animal instincts rule.
>>
>>17072143
Dating is a little like a market. With women being the pursued and men being the pursuers. Given the wealth of potential suitors women will go out of their way to pick what they feel to be the best choice. Unless if you can find ways to demonstrate value then they don't give a shit. You can be mad all you want but no one cares.
>>17072149
I mean yeah if you're fucking HIDEOUS, sure. But first impressions do make a pretty big difference and being attractive is a skill up to a point. The right haircut, cologne, clothes, pictures, etc make a huge difference.
>>
>>17072142
but to take these pic, you have to ask someone to take it for you and set it all up and shit, isnt it more cringy, desperate if a guy goes through that unnecessary effort. women should be happy knowing what the guy looks like, if she wants to know anything else, she can talk with him. im happy to see what the girl looks like, i dont care if she takes pics of her playing with her cat or some shit.
>>
>>17072166
from the sounds of it though, how women perceive the value of their potential partner is silly and childish, on tinder anyway. not moaning because i dont really care, if i want a girl, i will go out. i just think its silly.
>>
>>17072168
>but to take these pic, you have to ask someone to take it for you and set it all up and shit, isnt it more cringy, desperate if a guy goes through that unnecessary effort
It's more cringey to look like you have no friends. Everyone has a camera on their phone so it's normal to have tons of pics of yourself.
>>
>>17072035
You look pretty okay.
>>
>>17072183
Yeah to be honest people are pretty dumb if you know where their buttons are. Women tend to want a fatherly fill-in, and men tend to want docile blow dolls. Outrage, while justified, only serves for the satisfaction of knowing you aren't playing a stupid game. Which, in all fairness, it really is.
>>
>>17072035

Go to /soc/.

Smile in your pictures instead of looking like an emo, half-drunk tard.

There, problems solved.
>>
>>17072192
i have never viewed a girls profile on tinder or pof, seen she only has pictures of herself and though "she must not have any friends". you only really need to see if you find the other person attractive, if you do, you can talk to them and discover shit like that fairly quickly. also, where i live, people rarely take pictures with their phone. i
>>
>>17072035
You are an attention whoring cuck. What kind of insecure pogue posts shitty selfies on a siberian soap opera kaleidescope?

Do me a favor and beat your face you fucking dogshit private.
>>
>>17072234

Have you cleaned your fedora recently good Sir?
>>
>>17072228
Well that's you, and maybe you never actively think it, but girls are different than guys. It's much better for a guy to be qualified by society first. Where do you live? It's also an age thing but my foreign friends take pics with their phones all the time. I'm not saying those are the end all instructions for pics but it worked for my friends.
>>
>>17072261
yeah, im not saying it doesn't work. i just personally think its a bit silly that women are actually impressed by it. in fact, i know it works because i have seen guys that women have favorite and they had pics that you describe. england here.
>>
>>17072292
Ahh my bad I read your post in a different context. I don't think it's that women are impressed, more that most want to date someone that is socially acceptable. It's been said that in online dating a man's biggest fear is that she's fat, a woman's biggest fear is that he's a serial killer.
>>
>>17072055
>TFW national guard so the dependas get tricked into fucking me and then they realize I have no benefits
>>
>>17072362
>tfw I have a game room theater wall projector and pose in front of it while playing call of duty
>>
I never even tried tinder because i've heard about guys more attractive than me such as yourself not getting any matches whatsoever

women must love online dating, being able to reject 6/10 guys even though they're probably average, fat and boring on top of that.
>>
>>17072076
I think it's because irl you can make yourself more attractive with your personality, whereas tinder is based solely on the first impression they get from your looks. So if you aren't incredibly attractive, why should they take the risk that you are mediocre looking AND have a full dull personality?

Anyway if you use tinder you can't expect anything other than superficiality. That is literally the entire premise of the app.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.