[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't get over my ex. I left him 7 months ago, i still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: rarest pepe.jpg (23 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
rarest pepe.jpg
23 KB, 500x585
I can't get over my ex. I left him 7 months ago, i still think about him every day, i still think he's amazing, we were together for 7 years, he is always on my mind, i've tried so hard to get over him, i've tried not talking to him for a few months, ive tried being friends with him, ive tried dating other people, none of it works or gets him out of my head.

I don't know what to do. I can't get back with him, it took so much courage and strength to leave him, i cant go back on that decision.
>>
>>17068130

Why did you dump him?
>>
>>17068138
He had become emotionally distant and wasn't there for me when i needed him.

I feel bad because since we split he went to a lot of therapy sessions and ive really noticed a positive change in him. He's the man now i always knew he was inside, but i don't get to have him now. A cruel trick of the universe, after i leave, then he makes the changes..
>>
>>17068130
so stop being a faggot and tell him your feelings?
>>
>>17068157
I have told him this, ive told him i cant get over him, but i dont want to get his hopes up because im not getting back with him.
>>
>>17068161
You're weird.
>>
>>17068150

>he became emotionally distant
>wasnt there for me

it looks like yo uwerent there for him when he needed you. he was so bad that he needed therapy but instead of being happy he got the help he needed you are now happy he can take care of YOU.

interesting.
>>
>>17068161
That's fine but I hope you realize that if you want him you need to be with him. If he is improving himself he is making an effort. I GUARANTEE you that if he gets into another relationship it will ruin you and you will regret not being with him.
>>
Just get back with him! Don't be stubborn about your decision just because it took courage and strength at the time. It takes even more courage to admit that you still love him and you owe it to yourself to see if it'll work out given the changes he appears to have made.
>>
>>17068172
Well no he had a lot of anger issues he needed sorting out as well as mood problems.
>>17068175
It will hurt but i just want him to be happy, as long as he is happy thats fine.
>>17068190
I can't, i just cant do that, it's my pride.
>>
>>17068209

>he needed my support but i left him

yes thats what i said.
>>
>>17068213
I supported him for 7 years, in the end he just took out his issues on me, he isn't innocent in this.
I left him once before 2 years into the relationship, he promised to change but didn't. I cant give him a 2nd chance.
>>
>>17068220

then dont go back to him
>>
>>17068220
Why post the goddamn thread then? If you don't want advice and just want to grieve for some stupid shit post in/b/
>>
kys
>>
>>17068235
Because i cant get over him, need advice.
>>
This thread compared to this thread >>17067319
>>
Beta virgins telling you to go back to him, don't do it OP.
>>
>>17068329
Why shouldn't she? She loves him, misses him, thinks he's the best, and he's fixed what caused the break up. Seems like good grounds to give it another go.
>>
>>17068339
Fuck off.
>>
>>17068343
...? Nice
>>
>>17068130
My ex just did the same thing to me but she wants to travel. Why do woman do things like that? I espicaly need her because i am getting deployed soon.
>>
>>17068209

What if you could make him happy?
>>
>>17068130
Everyone has this person, they're "the one that got away". The thing is, 7 months may not be sufficient enough for you to be over this person. And other factors like age and level of investment also play a role.

That said, I think it means something deeper when you can't really just get over someone like that. I've been fortunate enough to not grieve over any one girl for years down the road. What always happened was they would reveal something in their character or lifestyle that made me sort or relieved they were going to be exiting my life soon. That is until I met a certain someone, and my feelings started growing out of control but then I fucked it up by not being open enough.

Anyhow, I don't see why you don't at least try to be back with this guy. If you're just dating other guys to get over him but aren't really over him, you will never be able to have a new relationship anyways. Most guys are tuned in and can really sense when a girl isn't "there", and more often than not this will put men off and drive them away. So if you want to date other people keep that in mind - otherwise either try to get back with your ex, or stay single until you're over him enough to properly date other people.
>>
So uh, anyway OP. Just go start fucking someone else. Problem solved.

There are no special tricks here. People aren't supposed to be alone. No matter what anyone says, filling your life with distractions so you don't notice you are alone is not being independent.

If you're lonely you stop being lonely. Now if your question had been "I'm in a new relationship but I can't stop thinking about my ex," I would say, find someone else to fuck -- someone that you actually like. If that still doesn't work get back together with your ex and stop whining about him being emotionally distant. Or go to therapy, or take drugs or something.
>>
>>17068585
>So uh, anyway OP. Just go start fucking someone else. Problem solved.
Doesn't work or fix anything. Just makes me feel like it should be him.

I'm not lonely, i have plenty of friends and people to hang out with, in fact i spend 95% of my time with other people. Every single guy i meet or be with or think about being with i compare to my ex and realise they fall horrible short of him, and i just never have anywhere near the connection i have with him either.

If i end up back with my ex i'll hate myself but i can see it happening in the future. I feel like we'll be together again one day...
>>
>Left him twice
>Want him back
>Won't go back due to pride

Signed, double signed, and counter signed. Looks like you're fucked then.

>What is making a compromise
>>
>>17068610
I wouldnt go as far as saying i want him back, i want to be over him and past it. Its my heart that wants him, my head doesnt.
>>
>>17068604

I know this is your melodramatic pity party but you obviously don't spend 95% of your time with other people, and you are obviously are lonely because you're desperately in need of companionship.

You sound like you need to go to bed or something. No one can compare to your ex but you'd never forget yourself for getting back with him? How do you expect someone on the internet to process that information?

If you were serious about getting over your ex (and to be clear it doesn't sound like you do at all), you should really confront your feelings and then try to actually fall for someone else and build a romantic connection with them. Y'know, instead of being insufferably self-piteous.
>>
>>17068631
Yes, i am so fucked up, this is why i do lots of drugs and alcohol now. I tell everyone, myself and him that im much happier now but the reality is im not happy at all. My family hates me too for blowing off our engagement. Every day I think about killing myself.

But going back to him would be admitting i was wrong to everyone, it would be weak and show i am weak and cant even do this, i will get better and get over it.
>>
>>17068604
>Every single guy i meet or be with or think about being with i compare to my ex and realise they fall horrible short of him

So stop comparing other guys to your ex? Or just stop trying to date other guys for now. Jesus.
>>
>>17068649
You were wrong and you are weak. They already know this. We all know you want him back so just go for it and stop wasting our time and yours with this attention seeking BS.
>>
>>17068161
Honestly the more I browse this board the more I realize women are just as autistic as men
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.