[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You remember that one person? That one person you made eye contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: Deja Vu.webm (2 MB, 1270x540) Image search: [Google]
Deja Vu.webm
2 MB, 1270x540
You remember that one person? That one person you made eye contact with? That one person you obsessed about yet never managed to talk to? You remember how you lied to yourself about how much you are over playing it and they are not really that perfect when deep down you know this is all you want? the person you lied o yourself about, how you would be better of without them how you didn't need them you will find someone else? The one that got away?

Well I'm just wondering if girls feel this too
>>
Yupp well at least I do.
>>
>>17058201
I have had friends who have done this. I've coached them through countless boys that they didn't even know who they became infatuated with.

I haven't had that because I'm a heartless robot. Or asexual. Or lesbian. Or whatever.
>>
>>17058209
Do you cry?

>>17058213
>Or asexual. Or lesbian. Or whatever.

Or mentally ill
>>
Uhhh....

As a total splurge growing up who didn't have his first kiss/hug/handhold 'til 23, date til 24, and girlfriend 'til 26...

What the ever loving fuck are you talking about?

I've definitely experienced all of those, but jumping from:

That one person you made eye contact with? That one person you obsessed about yet never managed to talk to?

To

The one that got away?

=

You're crazy.
>>
>>17058223
Maybe this tread is not for you and commenting this was a waste of time since you did not have the specified experience portrayed in the post?
>>
>>17058226

Oh got it. Not an angst ridden edgey teenager that exaggerates everything. K. Peace!.
>>
File: 1459983775184.jpg (52 KB, 463x709) Image search: [Google]
1459983775184.jpg
52 KB, 463x709
>>17058244
You did it again
>>
>>17058218
>Or mentally ill
Well I already know that part.

I've loved and I've had relationships. I've just never pined or lusted.

But to answer your question: yes, some girls do it too.
>>
>>17058201
They do.

>see gorgeous brunette in supermarket
>can't take my eyes off her
>we are shopping in same aisles, same time, coincidence but a cool one
>I feel creepy but look at her in every aisle as we make our way through
>we make eye contact a few times, get a kind of grin from her
>I know she knows I'm watching her, she isn't creeped out
>take turns being first one out and into each aisle
>damn wife calls me, interrupts moment
>it's OK, can see she's also got wedding ring

Fast forward 4 years.

>same supermarket
>at self serve checkout
>she takes checkout beside me
>I do double take, triple take even
>she smile say "so you do remember me"
>she's changed a little, still just my type
>chat while checking out

3 months later

>walk out of surf
>stick board in sand and strip off wetsuit
>she's there walking her dog
>she's wearing a sher white wrap over purple bikini, my fave body type, I almost drool
>I say "this is nicer than Coles"
>she looks at me, smiles, says "yes it is" while checking me out
>go back to my car, note under wiper says "call me today, please" with heart drawn after 'please'
>we meet on my yacht
>we have an amazing connection including sexually.

Still having affair after 3 years. Wished I'd married her instead of my wife. If not for kids (hers and mine) I would.
>>
>>17058268

You and her are both irredeemable scumbags. Holy shit you are both such filthy trash.
>>
>>17058268
Was cute until you said you were married. Both of you can fuck yourselves and I hope both of your partners leave you and take every asset they can. You two could share a nice empty house together.
>>
>>17058201
Yeah, but then I turned 16 and decided to stop being an awkward fuck. And I ended up dating that guy and realizing he was just an asshole.
>>
>>17058284
Topkek
Butthurt

>>17058268
Dam son
Nice Job

Does she have dem big old titties though?
>>
>>17058268
If you weren't married this would be a magical story
>>
>>17058284
Hahhaha not the guy you're talking to but calm down. Marriage and the commitment it entails is only as meaningful as the people who say the words and act out their oaths Anon.

He's an oath breaker. No doubt about it. Wouldn't trust him with anything important.

At the same time, wake up about marriage.... do you really think that the woman you marry is who you're still married to after 10-15 years? Do you even know how many married men and women I talk to daily that *hate* their marriages?

But sometimes marks (kids) are made that can't be unmade. Sometimes people just don't have the spine to be single with all of its risks. Sometimes people are just too lazy Anon.

And we all only live once. I don't fault him for choosing intimacy over his integrity. We all do that in some form at some time. But just remember that people reap what they sow.
>Still having affair after 3 years.
Until suddenly he's caught.
>Divorce rape
>Custody disputes, battles
>Counseling
>God only knows.
So you just sit tight with your hate. Life will handle this.
>>
>>17058284
>>17058297

Chemistry strikes where and when it strikes. There's those that do and those that wish they did.

> Both of you can fuck yourselves
We are...

> I hope both of your partners leave you
Us too....

> take every asset they can
trust fund... she can't touch anything no matter what, plus I'd give her all the marital assets (millions) and I'd still have than enough to last several lifetimes.

>You two could share a nice empty house together
We do. My trust bought a beach house just for this purpose.
>>
File: apu_sad_kwik-e-mart.png (112 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
apu_sad_kwik-e-mart.png
112 KB, 400x300
>>17058201
I remember this woman well. I was the best man in her wedding. Thank you for the reminder.
>>
>>17058316
>But sometimes marks (kids) are made that can't be unmade

Agreed, no need to drag kids through the mess.

>So you just sit tight with your hate. Life will handle this.

I agree with this too. I didn't plan on this but I will not forsake an opportunity that may never reoccur. It's served me well so far and with forethought, impulse control and the ability to manipulate and control my movements I doubt I'll get caught. If I do, I'll deal with whatever that brings.
>>
>>17058302
>>17058316
>>17058320

Of course I'm full of hate. Why do so many people lately focus on this fact? It's obvious. Fuck off with the 'nice guy' memes and all that. I'm not a nice guy and I'm very angry right now.

You all know why that guy is a piece of shit, and why the slut he's banging is also a piece of shit. They are irredeemable human trash and I hope they fucking get cancer. Don't even try to deny that what they are doing is wrong, you might all have autism but you are not THAT autistic.
>>
>>17058329
I like to see you hurt desu.
>>
>>17058299
What about the other guy?
>>
>>17058302
>Does she have dem big old titties though?

Not big, not old... just right... 36C... curvy but not fat and not thin.
>>
>>17058339
>Agreed, no need to drag kids through the mess
How old are they?
My parents splitting up when I was 15 was the best thing for their and my sanity. I'm so much closer to both my parents individually now.
They weren't even the scream and fight type. There was just... The tension. Or the lack of compassion. They were civil, but I could tell that they didn't really deeply love each other.
>>
>>17058201
Well, sit down, folks. It's story time.

>24, male, 6'2", bulky strong. On subway.
>When I sit, I rest my head back on the window, and close my eyes.
>One day, I open my eyes. She's there.
>Tall, thin, pale as the moon with these large, beautiful eyes.
>We hold eye contact for a moment and I smile. She smiles back.
>I rest my head back and close my eyes.

>A few days later, I see her again.
>I give her a smile, she returns it.
>I close my eyes and rest my head.
>When I sit down, I tend to leave my palms open facing upwards.
>I feel the slightest touch in my left hand.
>I open my eyes to find her number on a little scrap of paper.

>We begin talking on the phone.
>Sitting next to each other on the subway chitchatting.
>It all feels very surreal in how pleasant it was.
>We have dinner one evening and I feel like this is moving towards something.
>Moving towards something good or bad, I don't know.
>But it's coming. It is coming.

>We end up in her apartment a week or so later.
>Hot, messy sex. No protection, not a care in the world.
>We finish and she gets me a coke. An open can.
>We stay in bed talking for a while.
>After a while, I get up to go to the bathroom but I can't.
>I just fall to the floor. My limbs feel heavy, foreign.
>She lets out this laugh and calls someone.
>>
>>17058343
>You all know why that guy is a piece of shit, and why the slut he's banging is also a piece of shit. They are irredeemable human trash and I hope they fucking get cancer. Don't even try to deny that what they are doing is wrong, you might all have autism but you are not THAT autistic.

Why is it so wrong to you my hateful friend?

Why can't love exist between us (her and I, not you and I)? There isn't enough love in the world and we share brings peace and joy to our lives. I am her respite from a cruel twist of fate and she brings me joy, not that I don't share such joy with my wife, but in a wonderful way that complements my marriage.

I am happy. Wifes happy. The gf is happy and so is her husband. They say ignorance is bliss and I have to agree.
>>
>>17058386
>Her apartment door opens and two men enter the room.
>I'm panicking. I don't know what's going on. I can't move.
>They rape me. I don't know for how long but I do know pictures were taken.
>I wake up. Bloody and bruised and there isn't an inch of me that doesn't hurt.
>I'm in an alley. I don't have my wallet or my house keys but I have my phone.

>I call my friend and tell her to pick me up.
>I feel that my friend knows what happened but she doesn't mention it.
>I sometimes still see her give me these looks of worry.

I haven't told anyone about this except, well, the people here. For months, I was drowning in sadness. One evening, like a wave, it's gone and I was filled with this pure rage. An anger so pure and blinding that I sometimes have issues believing I was actually that upset. Eventually, that anger gave way to a sort of acceptance. I don't know what to tell you. It was over. It was done. I survived. I doubt I've completely healed and haven't dated since then but I'm here. I'm here and I think that was the lowest point of my life. It can only get better from here on out. I'm here.
>>
>>17058376
Decent

Would not have an affair with /10 though
>>
>>17058386
>>17058396
Wow, man. Heavy. I didn't think that actually happened.
It sounds like you soared through the rage step of grief. It can be very liberating to get past the depression and get mad about it.
I'm glad you're doing better. I hope everything lays out in a way that makes you happiest from here on out.
>>
>>17058350
Mission accomplished.
>>
>>17058428
Cry
>>
>>17058400
She's an easy 8 now, was 9+ when I first saw her. Very pretty face and a smile that lights up a room, you know the kind everybody responds to with a smile back. Hair half way down her back. Smart as smart can be.

And The Most Amazing Ass I Have Ever Seen!!!

This woman in jeans or shorts is breath taking and she has the legs to match.
>>
>>17058449
Ive cried enough. Its an old wound.
>>
>>17058461
It's*

Learn to spell you stupid cunt, this is why she left you for someone else.
>>
>>17058465
1000 apologies, anon.
>>
>>17058396
You'rs story is like the old 'woke up minus a kidney' urban myth but so waht if it is.

>I've completely healed and haven't dated since then but I'm here. I'm here and I think that was the lowest point of my life. It can only get better from here on out. I'm here.

Isn't it amazing how suddenly with absolute clarity the fog lifts and a new person emerges. The trick is not to let the old fears mold you into someone less than you can be.
>>
File: 1460119069472.jpg (8 KB, 222x204) Image search: [Google]
1460119069472.jpg
8 KB, 222x204
>>17058320
i like you (n-no homo tho)
>>
File: il_570xN.781396050_4l0d[1].jpg (112 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.781396050_4l0d[1].jpg
112 KB, 570x570
>>17058492
No flowers for you, but here... have a nice ass in jeans... my girl's better though.
>>
I remember FEELING like that, but then I remember growing up
>>
>>17058512
I feel sorry for you. Hopefully you'll feel like that again soon.
>>
>>17058394

Cruel twist of fate? So because some random slut is a loser, you feel you have to be a whiteknight to her, even though you have a wife and kids, and they don't even know? You are a fucking scumbag.

And the cunt has a husband too! Holy shit I hope both of you get caught. Oh fuck I am so angry right now. I'm going to go break something.
>>
>>17058201
Can someone explain me, what exactly happened in this movie/scene?
It seems she was interested in him and he also in her. But then the atmosphere changed and has become somehow creepy, almost bizarre. After that scene he tried to follow and catch her, in contrast she almost run away.
Haven't seen much of the movie and don't know what exactly happened before this scene. Is there a context or what is this scene about or is trying to explain/show the viewer?
>>
>>17059254
>It seems she was interested in him and he also in her. But then the atmosphere changed and has become somehow creepy, almost bizarre. After that scene he tried to follow and catch her, in contrast she almost run away.

This is called real life anon.
>>
No not really, there were times I locked eyes with someone and found them cute but I never talked to them, but there was never one specific date and place where I wish I could go back in time and try to change the future
>>
>>17059261
>This is called real life anon.
Okay, I get this. But what is this in the context of the movie?
I mean, the scene was a few minutes long and because of that I guess there is a meaning of this scene for the rest of the movie. Why is the movie showing this scene? To show that the sex-addiction/-obsession of the actor is obstructive in building a connection to another woman? To show how his actions are out of control? To show in which kind of bad situation he is?
>Sorry for totally not posting to the topic of this thread.
>>
File: 1449316154937.webm (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1449316154937.webm
1 MB, 1920x816
>>17059278
>Why is the movie showing this scene

To elaborate on the theme of dysfunctional attraction, conscience and guilt: two strangers on the subway are attracted to one another, and the girl closes her thighs over her hands she indicates some sexual repression, the proximity of her hands to her crotch and her lips licking suggesting sexual stimulation. She then considers something, and feels the shame because of it.... Standing up to leave the train, she shows Fassy that she is married by revealing her rings. He stands behind her, placing his hand underneath hers (in simulation of holding her hand) as if to indicate he still wants her and is uncaring as to her marital status. His proximity possibly suggests he wishes the altercation to be sexual charged, not necessarily emotional. As she leaves the train, he follows her, in pursuit. This establishes that him as sexually predatory. Which is important to combine with later development to show how broken this character is.

The second scene at the end of the film shows a reversal of this situation:
Time goes by...
She has obviously been on some kind of sexual journey too, but the culmination of her experiences has brought her back to the same cute guy she met before. Part of the enigma of the film is the fact that we don't know what's happened to this woman and what has made her re-approach her stance on soliciting strangers for sex. She has somehow, become more like Fassy's character.

The fact that she still wears a ring on this finger indicates that she is still married. She has just embraced her infidelity, and wishes to explore the experience of it. The fact we see her ring is, I think, supposed to be a visual motif the audience will attach to this non-speaking, ambiguous (but still important!) character so the audience recognizes her and completes the cyclic narrative of the Movie.
>>
>>17058268
>>17058386
Nice story :))
>>
>>17058343
do you also get angry when people here claim to have an IQ of 143 with an 8 inches dick and cheat on their 9/10 model gf with another 10/10 model ? sad people make story up to escape reality all the time.
>>
>>17059299
Fantastic analysis! Thank you!
>>
>>17059299
What is this film called? I can't open webms.
>>
File: 1440889130431.jpg (28 KB, 631x598) Image search: [Google]
1440889130431.jpg
28 KB, 631x598
>>17059622
Shame (2011).
It's not a feel good film in case you are depressed.
>>
>>17059642
I am a fan of depressing films, actually. Especially ones with this kind of symbolism
>>
>>17059671
try Blue Valentine (2010) also :)
Very /adv/ related.
>>
>>17059686
I'll put it on my list. Thank you!
>>
>>17058364
I don't understand your question. What other guy? There was just the one guy I was into forever. I ended up dating him, and learned he was a jerk who put other guys down to feel good about himself.

Oneitis is bs. They never turn out to be the person you imagined in your head. Usually the exact opposite really
>>
>>17058302
>Does she have dem big old titties though?
this fucking guy
>>
>>17058456
>Very pretty face and a smile that lights up a room, you know the kind everybody responds to with a smile back
>Smart as smart can be.

Who gives even a slight fuck?

>And The Most Amazing Ass I Have Ever Seen!!!

>This woman in jeans or shorts is breath taking and she has the legs to match.

THERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICEEEEEE
Keep up the good work man

>>17059745
I forgot to ask about the ass.
>>
>>17059719
>learned he was a jerk who put other guys down to feel good about himself.

Same

I turned out fucking great though.

>Oneitis is bs. They never turn out to be the person you imagined in your head. Usually the exact opposite really
>Jelly you can't fuck him anymore.
>>
>>17059299
Wow, thanks for taking time and explaining!
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.