[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to kill myself tonight. How can I get charcoal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13
File: 61TFXVHNCOL._SL1200_[1].jpg (102 KB, 1200x820) Image search: [Google]
61TFXVHNCOL._SL1200_[1].jpg
102 KB, 1200x820
I'm going to kill myself tonight. How can I get charcoal burning (probably in a disposable bbq) in an enclosed space while minimizing the risk of it setting the surroundings on fire?

I'm not sure how likely it is to scorch the ceiling, etc, but as long as the building doesn't burn down it should be fine. And once the flames have died down, will it be safe to place it in an even more enclosed space so long as there are no flammable fabrics, etc?

Pic related, can't afford or wait for one.
>>
legit question, I don't want to burn my flat down or poison anyone nearby by mistake lol
>>
Then don't kill yourself in such an irresponsible and inconsiderate fashion you autist.
>>
Need help? United States:
1 (800) 273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English, Spanish
>>
well you answered your own questions. as long as it's not close to flammable objects, it should be fine. do it inside your bathroom, it's a small room and you can probably extinguish the fire if something goes wrong
>>
>>17043740
Don't have much experience with fire and I've always fucked up bbqs lmao, but thanks I didn't even think of that, my bathroom is nice and small.

>>17043727
I'd rather minimise risk to others, and use a retarded way to die, just so it doesn't hurt me. I'm that selfish at this point, yeah. I'd use another way if I felt like I had the option.
>>
lol what the fuck are you trying to do anyways?
be informed that the body has this reflexes like you can not drown or burn yourself by willpower alone. pain will make you pussy out and you will wake up on the psychic ward with hideous burns and in tied to a bed.
>>
File: Blacksmith.jpg (35 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Blacksmith.jpg
35 KB, 350x350
>>17043689
>makes a mess
>burns down the place
>intoxicates people
>fails to kill himself
>they save him. Nowadays medicine does miracles
>forever in bed

No, man. I cannot picture this out. I would never make such a hazardous choice.

And I'm not saying "don't do that" because it is not my role to advocate for it. I still think you shouldn't for a number of reasons, but others before me have already said what was meant to be said.

I only know that what keeps me away from self-harm is the thought of the mess I can create.

Anyway, I am pretty sure you have somebody to call or a couple of plans to do. We all have, frankly.
Another thing is that illness shall not be endured: it shall be treated. Treatement is not shame. It is an option. It is intelligent to seek help, etc.

Anyway good luck but please at least don't harm others. If you also manage not to harm yourself it would be wonderful. But please do not harm others.
>>
>>17043750
carbon monoxide poisoning, it's like helium except far more deadly

>>17043754
Sorry, I know, don't worry I've thought about it a
lot. There's reasons and it's too tiring to talk about it anymore.

I won't hurt anyone, I'll be leaving warnings for the CO, if anything goes wrong it's most likely going to be burning the building down and if I fucked up that bad and somehow didn't die- I'll figure something else out, definitely.

Ideally I wanted to do it in a concrete shed or enclosed space other than my block of flats, if you could suggest one then I won't put people at risk, but I couldn't come up with anything. Don't even have a tent.
>>
do you have a skillet or frying pan? Why don't you just use a couple of those instead?
>>
>>17043782
I suppose that's what I'll probably end up doing. Though I need to be sure I burn enough coal to actually work, I've got a frying pan and a saucepan, I could just... stick the coals in/on those and set them burning in the middle of the room? Even when they're just glowing red that counts as incomplete combustion that will release CO too right?

Hell idk if I'll even still be awake at that point but fuck it, I think I'll drink a few cans quickly while I set it burning and hope for the best.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (604 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
604 KB, 1920x1200
>>17043782
>do you have a skillet or frying pan? Why don't you just use a couple of those instead?
I wouldn't give her suggestions. She might be living downstairs from me.

>>17043774
>Sorry, I know, don't worry I've thought about it a lot. There's reasons and it's too tiring to talk about it anymore.
I will not ask you about the reasons. Just a couple of things I am curious about, if you don't mind:

1. If you had a chance to be remembered for something you have done... maybe pick only one thing at all. It does not need to be big or small. Does not need to be a good or bad action. Can be a neutral action or just the image of yourself somewhere, or something you did... what would this thing be? Pick only one.

2. If you could talk to somebody before leaving who would you call? Does not need to be a relative. Might be anyone anywhere in the world.
>>
>>17043800
I'm curious as to why you're curious, honestly I haven't done many things worth remembering so it's hard to think of something... I don't really want people to remember anything I did, except maybe forgive. I just hope everyone remembers the good I tried to do and doesn't blame me too much for failing at literally everything.

Honestly that was a terrible answer but my memory is kinda hazy and it's hard... I can't answer properly, sorry.

2. Also another hard one. I might have been able to answer before but I feel so empty... it's hard to even formulate my thoughts properly, I've been blocking stuff out so much that it's hard to really know who or what I even care about at this point. Honestly it'd probably just be a random one of my friends that I drifted away from.

Also I'm a guy and don't live downstairs.
>>
>>17043800
if somebody wants to kill themselves they should be allowed to. life was forced upon us, so it's only fair that we have the decision to end it.
>>
File: 33le23s.jpg (34 KB, 799x532) Image search: [Google]
33le23s.jpg
34 KB, 799x532
>>17043826
Just some banter.

>I'm curious as to why you're curious
I frankly don't know why I asked. The fact is I assumed somebody on your position in life might have a very clear mind about the few things that matter and was hoping for you to share your wisdom with me. It is not guaranteed I will understand, but hearing from somebody who saw the end of things as you are seemed to me an unusual perspective and one that personally I have never come to entertain for various reason.

It's like, say... there is someone on the top of the mountain. I am at the bottom and I feel legit to ask: what do you see below you?

>I don't really want people to remember anything I did, except maybe forgive. I just hope everyone remembers the good I tried to do and doesn't blame me too much for failing at literally everything.

I studied that forgiveness is a very interesting good, because it is virtually inexhaustible. It is not something you run out of. So basically it is something you can always enjoy. According to some religions you can even give it to yourself and it is a requirement to enter heaven. I am atheist, but I see the rationale behind it: some social goods are abundant, and not of the same kind of abundance of, say, water or something material.
But sorry. I'm not lecturing you. It is just to say it seems materially easier to achieve than it seems.
>>
File: 1456171992269.jpg (785 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456171992269.jpg
785 KB, 1280x1024
>failing at literally everything.

That's a pretty optimistic generalization. Today I was reading about accuracy and precision of shots. Basically it turns out that random events can scatter your shots all over the place even if you have good aim... but sometimes they balance each other of so that if you link them by drawing lines it turns out you hit the centre.

>Honestly that was a terrible answer but my memory is kinda hazy and it's hard... I can't answer properly, sorry.

No. I think it was fully appropriate. I was expecting something like: lying on the grass with my cat. Something like this. But frankly the forgiveness thing was pretty surprising and very interesting.

>Honestly it'd probably just be a random one of my friends that I drifted away from

Some times people drift away from you as well. Personally, I would call my great-granma. But she's long deceased. But if I really COULD make such phone call, I think it would be her because she's always listened to me and be patient and supportive.

>Also I'm a guy and don't live downstairs.

Okay. Then I'm fucked because I live in a block and frankly I'd rather have you burn the house of the old man who torments my sleep by swearing at his wife... lel. Maybe not kill him, but give him a good scare. I'm afraid I am too vengeful to sound supportive on this advice board. But seriously I'd love to have him scared and stop swearing.

>A guy
I said girl because last person who told me she was going to commit suicide was a girl. On Tinder. Could you fcuking believe that? I got one of the best matches ever. The only one who wasn't a bot and responded to me. She was kinda cryptic but I appreciated. Forbid all meetings even if I was not putting pressure. After 3-4 days she tells me she wants to kill herself and I didn't know what to do or to say, because it was basically a chat... I knew only her name. She had no Fb. I knew something like: X lives Y kilomtres from you.
So it was just a bad guess on my behalf.
>>
What a shitty and risky way to kill yourself. Just jump off a building. It's painless, just scary
>>
YOUR STUPID AF
>>
>>17043689
Nigga, you gone kill yoself witta Hibachi?!
>>
File: Evil Smile.gif (2 MB, 295x216) Image search: [Google]
Evil Smile.gif
2 MB, 295x216
>>17043886
>Most people who jump have no idea of how it fucking works.
Like 4 out of 10 end up bedridden for life and fed with a fucking tube going straight into their stomachs. They cannot move and spinal chord is crap.

I remember this happening even with accidental falls. Two window cleaners in central Sydney fell but survived.

And, man... they fell from very high places.

bridges are not a good idea either, because basically you don't die when you touch water and suddenly you get scared, your feet don't touch and your instincts of survival kick in but it's too late so that you end up fighting for your life in spite of all the effort to kill yourself.

They say people who fell and those who drown have the worst cadavers you can ever look at. The drowned in particular are smell as fuck and deformed by fear, strife, effort, and ingestion of water.

Fucking horrible, man. Jumps are a no-no.
>>
Guys I really must leave the thread.

Can OP keep us updated about whether he's been successful or not?

Aw well... let's say in 12 hours. I really need some sleep.
>>
>>17043919
sure. if you like, love you
>>
>>17043901
dont have one, but charcoal, yes
>>
File: Capture.png (237 KB, 703x378) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
237 KB, 703x378
>>17043911
Yup I've read about this shit a lot, not gonna jump, also considered trying a train but that's kinda mean and still scary and a little risky too.

nvm death by captcha just happened
>>
>>17043911
You're fucking cool as shit, m8.

Post more often on here, we need more people with your mentality to shepherd these weak through the valley of darkness.
>>
>>17043689
OP, my advice, dont go burninig shit and kill yourself like that, not a good way to go. Kurt Cobain it - get some drugs, get a shotgun, put on your favourite record and put the barrel to the roof of your mouth, and if you're still adamant at this point, just pull it.

Here's a pretty good website. I hope you resolve your demons anon. Godspeed.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms
>>
File: 1422400817632.jpg (123 KB, 550x516) Image search: [Google]
1422400817632.jpg
123 KB, 550x516
>trying a train but that's kinda mean and still scary and a little risky too.

Trains. All those commuters.
Hope you're not in Japan otherwise your family or even distant relatives will be indebted till they die.

>>17043936
Not sure if bait, because surely I've been here also to boost my ego and feel I am helpful to a point.

But frankly my story is so remotely different from that of these people that if there will be a change, I will never cause it. In the best case scenario we spend some time together and have a chuckle. Not here for the lols though and not spreading false info. If I say something wrong, the responsibility is mine for being misinformed, but am not willfully faking information and am trying to stay true to the fact.

I return to this board also because, at least once, it's been useful to me and I came out of a thread convinced not to message my ex. Not sure if merit of /adv/ or just got tired of writing, but served its purpose nicely.

I also like the slow-pace and the pencil colours. I prefer to browse websites that give me few sensory inputs rather than a kaleidoscope of glittering bullshit.
>>
>>17043961
don't worry I know
>>
File: Corrida, 1960.jpg (78 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
Corrida, 1960.jpg
78 KB, 640x450
>OP, my advice, dont go burninig shit and kill yourself like that, not a good way to go. Kurt Cobain it - get some drugs, get a shotgun, put on your favourite record and put the barrel to the roof of your mouth, and if you're still adamant at this point, just pull it.
>Here's a pretty good website. I hope you resolve your demons anon. Godspeed.
>http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/firearms

I wonder if such suggestions count as euthanasia.

My question for this anon is: all of us are very good at sharing info. Either you write, or copy-pasta... and actually you don't even need to use much of your brains to come up with these ideas. Google can do the thinking for you.

Now the question is about your motives. Call it a soft ad hominem, but I think it is relevant to my qualms.

So you are willful to share info about how to do it... but if anon asked you to... would you pull the trigger instead of him?

If you allow me the comparison, I can say: we are all good at saying it's the Bankers' fault for Europe's demise. But who has the guts to go and tell them and change things?

Similarly, I find it very easy and convenient to goole up "best methods to commit suicide". OP is not an idiot and has already done that.

So how do you contribute? By googling stuff in his stead or by actually pulling the trigger on his behalf? Would you do that?

I wouldn't and wouldn't allow it. But if you're gonna help, you have to have a helpful disposition. Googling is not enough.

My point is ethical and motivational. I'm not trying to inspire anybody to do anything.
>>
>>17043981

If I could anonymously reach into my monitor and do it, and it stopped him from doing some retarded ass burn the house down scheme, I would.
>>
Make sure there isn't any ventilation in the room, and remember to breath as much as possible
>>
>>17043981
Reason I posted the website is because it includes more info then anyone person could put up here on this forum - I read it at length a few years ago and found it insightful, and came to the conclusion suicide by shotgun is the way to do it, the burning method anon has come up with has far too many risks and a pain factor.

As for euthanaisa, should someone want to die, and I could see it is truely what they want, I would help, only if i could be sure of no legal repercussions. I reckon the hypothetical situation sited would never arise in my lifetime, yet the way I see it we all have the right to live and to die.

I understand the points you have made, but I don't know the first thing about anon or his issues, and wouldn't know the first thing to say to him to try and prevent suicide. If death is truely what he wants, going about it with charcoal burning in a small room is not the way to go about it in my opinion.
>>
File: hogwarts infirmary.jpg (87 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
hogwarts infirmary.jpg
87 KB, 800x449
>>17043750
>the psychic ward
>>
>>17044268
>>17044268
Op here. I'd use a gun but I'm in the UK, not easy. Plus even shotgun can fail pretty gruesomely, don't wanna live with half a frontal lobe.
>>
>>17044348
99.9% chance of death with a shotgun blast to the forehead.

Seriously, you're not going to live if you do it that way
>>
Don't kill your self get help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgWHUDp0cM
This video might help
>>
Gonna walk home and buy my supplies soon. Kitchen foil to protect surrounding areas. Idk whether to buy a bag of coal or just a couple of disposable bbqs. Umm I'll block all the gaps in the room with towels I guess. Put a CO warning outside the door.
>>
>>17044360
You know how deadly carbon monoxide is? I guess I expected someone to be less retarded than ms and have an answer.
>>
>>17043911
Ok, don't jump from a fucking 4 story building. Go downtown, go up a highrise and jump from there. There are a bunch of 30+ story high buildings in my city where you can get in by waiting for someone else to go in, then jump from their terrace at the top.

>jumping into water like a casual

Why the fuck would you jump into water. You stupid motherfucking idiot. Yeah it feels like concrete from that height but like you said survival mode kicks in and you end up crippling yourself instead.

Jump head first from a highrise and you've got a pretty fucking good chance of dying. And if survival mode kicks in and you flip back around, it'll be slightly less effective. Like 99.9998% instead of 99.9999%
>>
>>17044384
Literally nothing taller than a 9 story car park near me, which someone survived a fall from. Also fuck falling
>>
>>17044389
then jump off it twice, it'll be like falling 18 storeis
>>
OP, just get some sort of opiates or heroin, blow all your money on it and then decide how to do it without care and stuff.

Go out with a bang.
>>
File: 986c8b6b51b9bdb82725a84e48cdc86f.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
986c8b6b51b9bdb82725a84e48cdc86f.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
If I ever feel the need to kill myself, I would just take a big ass loan, go to the Swiss Alps, and climb up to a cliff. The view of life at its finest eight then and there may discourage me to do something so shortsighted, but if not, I would just jump off head first, for a quick death without anyone knowing at all.

Maybe you should try that, OP
>>
>>17043689
Gonna attempt to burn the coal in a saucepan, frying pan and oven tray, wish me luck if upu have no bedtter suggestions of something to burn it in or place to do it. I'll try not to burn the place down.
>>
Shit. Missed the closing of the shop, I'll try partial suspension hanging tonight instead when I'm drunk, advice for how to compress only the arteries/veins greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll do the coal tomorrow, maybe find a better enclosed space or buy a proper charcoal grill
>>
Handgun in the mouth, why is this difficult? Kills you, no one else.

Poorfag with no gun? Not to worry. Go to shooting range, get lane, rent gun, buy target, rent ears and eye protection, go onto lane, load gun, mount target, shoot self.

There, done and you've managed to only off yourself rather than an entire building.
>>
>>17044780
this, or do the CO thing inside a car. the tailpipe-in-the-window thing doesn't work on newer cars but you could still burn some coal in there and it would kill you faster plus it wouldn't hurt anybody else. that's how I was planning to do it if I ever needed to end things.
>>
>>17044793
>it wouldn't hurt anybody else
well I mean other than everybody who ever cared about you, which is probably more than you think
>>
>>17044793
Except the unwary first responder who opens the fucking door.

Just shoot yourself OP. Or get some help. Eitherway.
>>
>>17044552
>partial suspension hanging
that will take forever and feel horrible. you'll chicken out halfway through and either escape and survive with severe brain damage, or die slowly and painfully.
>>
>>17044805
true, but he could tape a warning note to the inside of the window. also if OP has 2 brain cells to rub together he'll do it way out in the country, preferably offroad where he won't be found for a few days, and some (though who knows how much) of the CO will have dissipated by the time he's found because cars are not airtight.
>>
Suicide isnt the answer opie. If you are depressed see a doctor for medications. Take the life you have been given and turn it into something. Wake up go for a run, clear your head, cook some food, take a shower, have a shit, maybe do some cleaning, feel some accomplishment and let that feeling be the driving force of the rest of your life here. You're going to get your wish and you are going to die one day anyway, may aswell atleast try and get up off the ground and back on the horse untill that day comes naturally.
>>
>>17043689

Hey asswipe. If you're gonna kill yourself, don't inconvience others by burning shit or jumping off a building. People don't like cleaning up dead bodies.

Just drive to a mountain and jump off it. By the time someone finds you, you'll be a skeleton
>>
>>17045001
Kek, die slowly in the wilderness with broken legs and scavengers eating you. Yeah, there's a thought.
>>
Get a big metal container and drill a 5/8 inch hole in the top. Put a bunch of coal inside and let it burn. I do that with an altoids container to get charred cloth, same principle should apply to coal with a bigger container.
>>
>>17044446
People who want to die have no mpdivation go do any of that. They wouldn't care for it anyway.
>>
>>17044381
uhh, ok. can you go ahead and kill yourself? need one less asshole on the planet
>>
Get help, be a man, de al with life
>>
File: 1458401531250.jpg (136 KB, 570x960) Image search: [Google]
1458401531250.jpg
136 KB, 570x960
I wonder how many people on /adv/ have ended up going through with killing themselves. There's at least a new thread like this everyday, usually 2-3 threads, so I'm assuming some of them were serious enough to go through with it instead of just posting here for the attention.
>>
>>17045969
i'm willing to bet most of them didn't...most people here don't have problems outside of "mfw no gf" bullshit
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.