[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at work yesterday >helped this qt out >gave her my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1
File: drink-alone.jpg (38 KB, 480x324) Image search: [Google]
drink-alone.jpg
38 KB, 480x324
>at work yesterday
>helped this qt out
>gave her my number on back of business card
>texts me and asks when we are going out to eat
>agree to go out to a bar/lounge tonight
>we agree at 8:30
>doesn't reply to my text on whether she wants me to pick her up or if we'll meet up there
>time comes
>no reply or anything yet
>I text her that i'm here at the bar already
>still no reply
>that was 25 minutes ago

How long before I just leave? On my 2nd beer already.
>>
>>17032734
bump I've never been stood up before :(
>>
lmao bro bounce she was fucking with you. Probably laughing her ass off to her friends / bf
>>
>>17032766
Sadly, this.
>>
>>17032766
>>17032770
Damn you're probably right guys. Might as well get drunk.
>>
>>17032766
>>17032770
Should I send a nasty fucking text? Shit's pissing me off by the second.
>>
>>17032766
>>17032770
In my experience people are usually not as shit as this and if she would do something like that you dodged a bullet anyway.

She probably chickened out and is freaking out at home alone and feeling like shit, or she faded. What do you want to do while getting drunk?
>>
>>17032803

Nah, because the moment you send that text, you KNOW she's gonna walk into the bar like "omg Anon I'm so sorry I had to get my sick roommate to the hospital, and my phone was dead, I'm so glad you're still here," and it's all gonna be true. Murphy's law.

Just let it go. Shit happens.
>>
>>17032803
Just let it go man. Just knock a few cold ones back and have a good time.
>>
>>17032803
You should text her telling her that she was the one and you planned on asking her hand for marriage tonight, at the bar. Tell her she blew it and will never find a man like you. Also tell her your going to post her picture on street lamps with the title of "lost dog" and post it on the flyer. Don;t drive drunk either.
>>
>>17032830
I don't nor did I expect much out of her. She hit me up and proposed to hang out, she was making all the moves. Not used to that. I was skeptical.

>>17032835
>>17032836
Bitch doesn't warrant a phone call. I was thinking of playing it cool and just sending her a text along the lines of:

"Hey, guess you got held up. Let me know if you want to reschedule." Just to show I could give two shits.
>>
You probably shouldn't of went. You didn't have it locked down. Don't get pissed, you have her your business card.
>>
>>17032851
lol nah i'm good senpai. On the bright side, I can play Dark Souls 3 now.
>>
>>17032868
Nope don't send a text at all, not tonight.

If you actually care send one tomorrow asking if everything is alright.

If you don't actually care then don't talk to her anymore.

I know it hurts but try to turn the other cheek.
>>
>>17032868

>try to reschedule a date after getting stood up
>to show her you don't care

Just let it go, anon. Maybe scan the bar and see if you can meet another girl. If not, finish your drink and call it a night.

If it was all some misunderstanding, she knows how to reach you. Don't text her.
>>
What an asshole.
If she comes into your place of work again or she works there, tell her that to her face. Assholes need to be called out.
Otherwise forget about her, she probably had like 3 potential plans that day and chose the one that was the most fun, without a thought to the other two people who got stood up.
>>
> dont hear back
> go anyway
> text her you went anyways
Oh dude no
>>
>>17032883
>>17032888
>>17032890
You guys are right. Fuck her, at least I made $60 in commission off her ass yesterday. Way I see it, I went out, had a couple of beers and called it a night. Thanks for the advice bros.
>>
>>17032734
>gave her my number on back of business card
For lack of a better term... I'm going to use "beta." Beta doesn't = mass hate. It just means you could have done this in a much better way. Giving your number on an object is pretty passive aggressive, "call me maybe?" but it's still good that it worked for you.
>texts me and asks when we are going out to eat
She shouldn't have had to text you and it concerns me that she had to text you. You should text or call first. if you call, have a plan.
>doesn't reply to my text on whether she wants me to pick her up or if we'll meet up there
Again, why are you asking her this? You should decide what you want to do and suggest that. "I'll pick you up at 7pm. What's your address?" or "I'll meet you there at 7pm. This is the address." If you're ballsy enough to tell her to meet you there, I hope you can back it up.

Then you stayed there.... when she didn't confirm the appointment.... Anon, please, for your own sake, get some self confidence man.
>>
>>17032913

Don't take it too hard anon. This shit happens to everyone. It's a consequence of putting yourself out there, sometimes you get burned, but don't let it discourage you from trying again with the next one. Handle it with grace and move right on
>>
>>17032918
First of all, stfu acting like you know the whole story. I gave her my business card because she was customer and I told her "If you have any questions or concerns, my number is on the back." Strictly professional on the surface and yes she was attractive, so on the off chance she hits me up, good and if she doesn't, oh well.

If I wanted her number, I would have asked for it. What the fuck do I look like asking for a customer's number? I'm not going to lose my job over some bitch. She texted me out of the blue, I didn't ask for her to text me.

Yes during the sale I was flirty and got to know her a little bit, but that's how I sell. She hit me up, telling me who she was and thanking me for helping her. I replied with some basic your welcome shit and I shit you not, she asks me when are going out to eat.

It went on from there. So fuck off.
>>
>>17032918
Pretty much this bro. Shit sucks, been there, but if you won't take charge this won't be the last time it happens to you.

Don't give your number, ask for hers. Don't wait for her to text, call. Don't tell her you went when you got no word back, text her an apology for not showing up. Say you were on the way there when this amazing 10/10 stopped you in the street to get your number and the 2 of you hit it off.
>>
>>17032949

This is pretty bad advice. Anon learned something about this girl tonight. She's not serious. I'm sure he could con and manipulate his way into getting more attention from this girl, but does he really want it? There are other girls out there, and some of them say what they mean, and do what they say they're gonna do. It's rare, but as long as you're still young and not desperate, it's worth it to keep looking until you find a good one. Don't try to force it with a girl who's already throwing off major red flags before the first date. Just let it go and get on with it
>>
>>17032961
OP here and this.
>>
LMAOOOOOO she texted me saying she just woke up with sad emojis. Should I even respond?
>>
>>17032986

No.
>>
>>17032986
nothing
stop talking to her
she's a bitch.
Don't be an asshole towards her but keep your relationship purely professional.
>>
>>17032991
>>17032995
You guys are right. I don't know what I would say to such stupidity other than to go fuck herself. I'd rather not get a call from corporate about harassing her though. Let her feel like shit it is.
>>
The bitch has some nerve though.
>>
>>17032986
>>17033018
>>17033031
Your drunk, don't make a fool of yourself.

Honest mistake, at least she messaged.
>>
>>17033073

>Honest mistake

nahhhh. I agree that he shouldn't text her, but no.
>>
>>17033101
It's impossible to know if it was really an honest mistake or if she bullshitted it.

Best policy for OP is to just coolly forgive her for her 'mistake' but don't do anything past that. If she tries to initiate another date then it means she actually fell asleep. If she leaves it there it means she wasn't interested to begin with.
>>
>>17033110
The only sound answer in this thread of salty betas.
>>
>>17033073
I'm not drunk dude. Trust me last thing I'll do is lose my cool. She's not worth it.

>>17033110
You think so bro? I'm letting her sit on ice right now cause I haven't replied. How should I do this without sounding like it bothered me? I definitely am not pursuing this any further not giving her the time of day unless she really wants to try again.
>>
>>17033110

This is good advice and I agree with you. But I'm just saying, if she WANTED to show up, she wouldn't have slept through it. She stood him up, and she's trying to save face without OP thinking less of her.

I think it'd be pointless and immature for him to rage on her or send a nasty text or anything, but whether she initiates it or he does, it'd be a waste of time to pursue anything further with this girl.
>>
>>17033122
>"Haha no big deal, shit happens"

And then wait.
>>
>>17033129

I would go with a simple "No worries" and leave it at that. It's not cruel or spiteful, but it's just cold enough. The whole "haha I'm angry and disappointed lol but I'm gonna smile and act oblivious haha" thing is just weak.
>>
>>17033127
Her reasoning was she was in the city all day and was trying to catch a quick nap beforehand because she didn't get much sleep last night. Smells like bullshit but whatever.

>>17033129
Saving face would be pointless if she had the intention of standing me up, I'm going with what you said bro. Here goes nothing.
>>
>>17033127
I see your point but mistakes do happen and as long as OP doesn't make a fool of himself there's no harm in evaluating if he still has a chance.

Like, how many times have you done something retarded that made you forget/miss something you legitimately wanted to do? It happens.
>>
>>17033129
No.

>>17033122
Coming from a chick, straight up forget her. If she hasn't even texted you to tell you that she's going to be late, then she probably isn't coming. Giving her any sort of reply will make her think you're beta. Literally say nothing.
>>
>>17033140
Normal people say 'haha' in text conversations all the time, they don't associate it with memes or irony or sarcasm.
>>
>>17033154
Who cares if she thinks of him as a beta, it's not like he's ever going to see her again
>>
>>17033142

Sure, but it's not great to put on a big fake smile when you're actually a bit upset and annoyed. It's kind of passive-aggressive. Anyone in OP's shoes would feel like they'd been stood up, and the whole fake laughter/overly understanding thing just comes off weird. Be real. That fake shit won't take you far
>>
>>17033154
>>17033142

What about a cold, simple "K"?
>>
>>17032986
>>17033154
If her text isn't bullshit, and she really was interested (and worth your time), she would be asking to meet another time and trying significantly harder to make it up to you.
>>
>>17033162
No. That's even worse. Say nothing, if she hasn't shown legitimate regret and effort to make it up to you.
>>
>>17033162
Nah, she's OP's client after all. I think no response is the best answer.
>>
>>17033156

>haha please walk all over me haha this is fine lol i'm fine with this

Believe it or not, there are plenty of "normal" people on this board right now, and that shit is just fake. You say "haha" when something's funny, you don't say it to act like everything's fine when it isn't. Either don't respond, or go with something like >>17033140

There's no reason not to accept her apology, but god damn it just be real. Walk out with your self-respect intact
>>
>>17033169
This.
>>
>>17033165
She sent me her bullshit explanation and said she was really sorry. I feel like saying nothing is the appropriate response but closes that door. I didn't want anything serious from her honestly a toss in the sack would've done it for me.
>>
>>17033174
>>17033176
>>17033166
And if you have to see her in person again, just interact like nothing ever happened, for the sake of your business relations. If she brings it up, say "no worries" like anon above suggested, and at the very least make it seem like you mean it. And never plan to go out with her again because she's clearly just wasting your time.
>>
>>17033180
If she didn't ask you out again, or offer to make it up to you somehow, I would say that this is her way of saying that she's changed her mind and isn't interested anymore.
>>
Yeah this is just typical girl bullshit. I'm just going to say anything. She isn't worth wasting my unlimited texting on.
>>
Before this dies out, quick question though. Let's just say in a few days she hits me up again, really apologizing and wanting to meet up for real. I realize this is not going to happen but should I accept her offer?
>>
>>17033219
that depends on how often you are willing to get stood up. might be worth it, might not.

that oversleeping thing is just bullshit tho, i've never just fell asleep when making plans with someone, let alone a date.
>>
>>17033219
Why not? What's the worst that could happen, you spend the evening drinking beer in a bar?
>>
>>17033219
Depends, dude. If she seems to mean it, to suggest a place, a time, or seems to have a plan. She could be genuine. Then again, if it takes her a few days to get back to you about it, I wouldn't take it seriously. That's something you do right away, if you're a decent person and truly want to make it up to someone.
>>
>>17033219

Why not? If you're free, you've got nothing to lose by meeting her for a drink. Just don't get your hopes up, and as you already seem to recognize, don't be the one to pursue it if she's stood you up once.
>>
Okay thanks a lot guys, appreciate all the feedback regardless.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.