[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the Opposite Gender Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: 146549-148811.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
146549-148811.png
42 KB, 300x300
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:

Avoid asking these common questions:
>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><Random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>That one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships.
No one wants to cuddle you. Stop asking.

>Brandon
Fuck off

Old Thread: >>17026285
>>
I wish I could be one of those guys who just go out and meet girls and eventually hook up with them, nothing serious

And I know the only thing stopping me is my anti social self

How do I become a savage?
>>
Girls

is it ever a negative thing in your mind if a guy apologizes to you?

I've heard people say "never apologize to a girl" but I personally think that's bullshit. I just had a talk with a close female friend of mine (one who we used to have romantic interests in each other at one point). Well we had a talk, and she said something that I took the wrong way. She didn't mean to upset me but she did, so i told her goodnight and turned off my phone. Later when I checked my phone I had this message-

"Hey! That's not what I meant! I honestly didn't mean to hurt you, maybe you misunderstood. I was being serious, but I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm not upset with you, or bored of you, or anything! Please forgive me if I really did upset you, because you are important and shouldn't be upset.

I hope you have a good rest of your night dear! I send you a big big big hug! :)"

I did end up taking that the wrong way. I want to apologize to her in the morning and say that I over-reacted, I've just been having a bad week, and the way she worded it made me feel like shit.

So girls, would that be "negative" to you if a guy (me) said he was sorry? I care about this girl.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 570x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 570x624
Girls,
>eventually ask out crush
>nothing really happens
>next time I see her I'm already with someone else
>that fling ends
>see someone else, work on
It's over a year since I asked the first girl out but she's been popping up on suggested friends for normie book and I was wondering would it be weird to add her? I rarely add people and people usually add me after meeting me so I don't know if it's normal to add someone after all this time or creepy. I would like to try and reconnect with this girl, she seemed really cool.
>>
>>17028863
I always see apologies, at least genuine ones, as a positive thing. Why do you think it would be seen negatively?
>>
>>17028872
>asking if it's okay to use a platform for reconnecting people to reconnect with someone

Idk OP, that's a real dilemma you have there.
>>
File: 1416946202489.jpg (421 KB, 3000x2115) Image search: [Google]
1416946202489.jpg
421 KB, 3000x2115
Girls,

-Where do you go to meet single guys at?
-What kind of hobbies would you like that guy to share with you?

I'm always having a hard time finding new things to do in my area because it seems like there's nothing to do once the sun sets except for drinking. I don't mind drinking but going to a bar alone is super depressing. I'm not really looking for a place to meet girls specifically but if I like the new hobby, I'd like to know there is someone who I could share it with.
>>
>>17028880
>>asking if it's okay to use a platform for reconnecting people to reconnect with someone

Next time I end up re-making this thread, I think I'm adding that to the FAQ xD.

>>17028873
>I always see apologies, at least genuine ones, as a positive thing. Why do you think it would be seen negatively?
Not that anon, but probably red-pill/machismo bullshit.

Funnily enough, I know for a fact that the quality one of my female friends absolutely detests the most in guys is an inability to admit they're wrong and them trying to cover it up.
>>
Girls, is it OK if a guy has a female friend who is a prostitute? Like, if he is your bf or potential bf.
>>
>>17028906
Yes please LOL. It's come up a few times and that's always my go to response.
>>
>>17028902
Try having your own interests because you like them. Bitches love a guy wood their own man.
>>
>>17028880
>>17028906
I've never reconnected with people on fb, usually people just add me when I meet them. When I do add people it's usually people that I regularly talk to anyway. I was gonna add her back when we were first talking but my friend told me not to because I'd be friendzoning myself. I really don't use fb much so don't know how people reconnect with it.
>>
>>17028931
"Hey femanon! How is it going?"

Something something you miss 100% of the shots you don't take etc. Why would adding someone on Facebook be friendzoning yourself?
>>
>>17028931

"Hey! Holy crap what's up! How have you been?!"

Me to my best friend from 1st to 4th grade, about a year or so ago--almost two decades later.

>>17028952
>Why would adding someone on Facebook be friendzoning yourself?

Probably from the same rulebook that says that men should never apologize, that they should never cry, that they should never let a woman pay, and that they have to wait X days before responding to a text.
>>
>Lady friend removed me from FB, I shrug it off figuring its due to presidential election angst
>It's been like half a year and they add me back
>They say they don't even remember why they removed me and act like nothing happened.

Am I just crazy or is this as fucky as I think it is?
>>
>>17028873

Ok thanks. It is a genuine apology. The reason I asked is, amongst other men, it's always been said "don't apologize to women because it makes you seem weak and undesirable"
>>
>have good relationship
>meet a new person
>think they're a better fit for me than my current girlfriend
>can't help but feel like i'll regret it in the future if i don't pursue them

is this normal shit for people in relationships that they just ignore or is it just a sign that i should get out of my current one?

it seems strange for someone to ignore the possibility of a perfect relationship just because the other girl got their first..
>>
>>17028907
Nah. I wouldn't hang out with girls like that myself, so I wouldn't want to be with a guy who does.
>>
>>17028969

*shrug* could have been an accident. Or you just have weird "friends". It's facebook though. Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>17028964
>Probably from the same rulebook that says that men should never apologize, that they should never cry, that they should never let a woman pay, and that they have to wait X days before responding to a text.

Sass game is strong tonight.
>>
>>17028972
Do you really know them well enough to make that judgement? You'd need to know them as well as you know your own girlfriend in order to make a fair comparison.
>>
>>17028973
She is a nice person, though. She is not the dumb slut drug abuser kind.
>>
>>17028971
>Ok thanks. It is a genuine apology. The reason I asked is, amongst other men, it's always been said "don't apologize to women because it makes you seem weak and undesirable"

OVER-apologizing can do that.

If you're tripping over yourself saying I'm sorry that the soup you ordered was bad, or I'm sorry that I didn't pick the exact right time to not bother you, or I'm sorry that I couldn't make the the sun purple for you, that reeks of insecurity, desperation, and not having a fucking spine. That's unattractive as hell.

Being genuinely sorry when you fuck up, that's just owning up, and being an adult.

A real man owns up when he's in the wrong, and takes action to rectify that, not cower and make excuses.
>>
Girls

How do I approach a girl without seeming creepy? I've admired this girl for a while now, and don't really talk to her, but how do I talk to her without seeming like a creep?
>>
>>17029003
>I've admired this girl for a while now, and don't really talk to her

Details mate, what's the context?
>>
>>17028995

Ok I see the difference. So I think my apology is justifiable
>>
>>17028990
But she a hoe
>>
>>17029020
And so is 90% of the female population, what's new
>>
>>17028863
Dude what's wrong with you. You are not a beta for being civil functional human being.
Besides, you want to say "sorry", say "sorry".
>>
>>17029023

The amount of truth in this is depressing
>>
>>17028930
>>17028969
>presidential election angst

Lmao, how gay
>>
>>17028907
Sure. She's ot a threat, because he wouldn't date her, he won't fuck her because of the amoun of dicks in her pussy and it probably wouldn't be free anyway. And she might give dank sex tips and know whee to get quality weed.
Perfect.
>>
>>17029023
Doesn't mean I gotta hang out with them
>>
Why do so many women dress like shit or just really boring? One of the good things about my ex was she was really fashionable, made me realize how plain and effortless most of you bitches are.

But then again her materialistic self is probably a major reason for that being the case

Guys would you take a superficial "rich lifestyle" girl or a cute down to Earth girl with virtually nothing?
>>
>>17029031
Male competition for women is kind of silly and seems completely backwards at times; I've given up on dating because I don't understand it and can't keep up.

Need X disposable income, cover up all weakness and signs of personality flaws, good facial aesthetics, outgoing personality, work out a ton - all this just to get noticed, and then you need to maintain all that while somehow having time left over to shower her with attention. I don't know how 90% of men manage to pull this off.

On topic, the whole not apologizing thing is just a ploy to get women to see you as stronger than you are.
>>
>>17029071
Cute down to Earth.
>>
>>17029071
The latter. I came from nothing and I want a girl who can relate to that, because when I finally get all the shit work hard for I know she won't be indulgent in anything dangerous because most girls of that type don't care for that shit and things usually work out
>>
>>17029071
Man, I just want a girl who looks like an 8 WITHOUT makeup
I'm not shallow but my ex was amazing, only saw her with makeup, then we get together and like a month later I see her without it and I was genuinely shocked

Fuck makeup, shit is gross and trash, only retarded guys like makeup girls. Stop wearing it
>>
>>17029071
>a cute down to Earth girl with virtually nothing?

Every. Single. Time.

I'm half-korean and "superficial "rich lifestyle" girl' is 90% of korean girls, and why I never date them.
>>
>>17028860
Why would you want a very social lifestyle if you're so anti social?

>>17028972
The grass is always greener on the other side and not knowing the girl as well as your current girlfriend, allows your brain to fill the blank spots with the magic of fantasy.

But she might as well be better for you, do whatever feels right, faggot.

>>17029071
Could you clarify what you mean with superficial and down to earth exactly?
>>
>>17029088
>I'm not shallow
Uh huh
>>
>>17029090
>Why would you want a very social lifestyle if you're so anti social

Probably because he wants to find a girlfriend. And that won't happen if he's anti-social in his room.

I don't understand why people say all the time "it will happen one day!" No, it really won't unless change is made.
>>
>>17028860

in the FAQ:
>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.
>>
>>17029077
No shit it doesn't make sense.

You're into a guy but you gotta pretend you aren't or he wont date you. You cant sleep with him too early or too late. You can't make a move - you gotta wait for him to do so, maybe hint but its better that you don't. You gotta pretend you always have plans so he wont think you're on his every whim and not text him too much or hell think youre needy.
Etc etc
Also pull it all of while still letting him know somehow that you're interested.
>>
>>17029013
I literally haven't spoken onto her outside of passing conversations and some small things.

I have no Idea how to read people like books, so I can't tell if she thinks I'm creepy. I have literally done my best to make sure I don't appear creepy, but I don't know.
>>
>>17029105
If he really wanted one, he wouldn't be as anti social. (Or he isn't as anti social as he says)

That's like being hydrophobic and wanting a bigger swimming pool.
>>
>>17029125
1. Stop freaking out
2. Talk to her
>>
>>17028860
>>17029090
>>17029105
pls stop using "antisocial" when you want to say "asocial", it makes it harder for most people to understand the actual term "antisocial" (as in the opposite of "prosocial").

For example, this is antisocial:
>>17028971
>don't apologize to women because it makes you seem weak and undesirable

>>17029119
i like the 8-ball OP, fewer unhelpful platitudes
>>
>>17029126

someone can be anti-social but want 1 person to be with.

I'm realitively anti-social. I keep to myself. When I'm not at work, I usually just stay home, and when I go to the gym, I go late at night so there is less people. I don't like to be around tons of people. But I do like to go see my few friends. And there is 1 girl I like. I could be considered anti-social because I hate going to the bar with my friends, it's too crowded for me. I'd rather be alone then be around others

That other anon might be the same way. So he could want a girlfriend. But highly dislike the enviroment for finding girls
>>
>>17028969
It might not have been anything personal at all. I've deleted people from FB simply because I was feeling shitty about myself.
>>
>>17029121
What i don't understand is why girls take all this shit so seriously, always see people asking things like "should i text him first or is that too needy/clingy" and think "what the fuck?"
>>
>>17028995
This. Equally rage-worthy are people (men and women alike) who blame others for all of their problems, or who are so passive and indecisive that they allow others to make their decisions for them. Then they never have to accept responsibility for their own actions, and never have to face themselves, either.
>>
>>17029121
By our powers combined, the only way to make it work is get drunk and skip the whole game with reduced inhibitions and pray it works out when we sober up.
>>
>>17029133
>i like the 8-ball OP, fewer unhelpful platitudes

As the anon who actually wrote that bit in the FAQ (it's a collab from a bunch of different OPs) that is based off of personal experience from someone who was cripplingly shy growing up, who decided to actually do something about it and has become someone highly social, affable, and immune to embarrassment and shame.

I went from being terrified of even going restaurants because it meant talking to a stranger to order my meal, to one of my favorite activities being sitting down at restaurant bars, grabbing some food and a drink, and making friends with whatever total strangers are around.
>>
>>17028952
>>17028964
Thanks y'all she's actually gone from that suggestion thing now, but I'll probably add her if she comes up
>>
>>17029140
Probably because women have had just as many bad experiences with shitty men as men have with shitty women.
>>
>>17029131
I've never had an opportunity to look creepy, but I'm scared that she has noticed me admiring from afar.

I just have no idea how to talk to a girl I want to date.
>>
Girls, do you very much prefer when the guy you like approaches you, or would you approach the guy you like?
>>
>>17029170
If I can tell that there's a mutual attraction going on, and if he takes too long I'll do it and won't hold it against him. I'd appreciate it if he'd just come right out and say it, rather than toying around, though.
>>
I wish I could redpill my buddy. Guy most be a real live masochist to constantly simp over girls who aren't LTR or wife (exactly what he wants) material and gets his heart broken and I have to be there for his insanity for months

This is like the 3rd time now. Wasn't even with this bitch 5 months. Why are some guys so retarded
>>
What do I talk with people (specifically girls) about? If I talk about my hobbies I nerd out and make everyone uncomfortable.
>>
>>17029198
Let him be miserable, bro. He is meant to be.
It's like those guys who enjoy being cucks.
>>
>>17029158
But have you met any guys who actually think that way?
>let's analyze the "initiated the text exchange first" stats
>i did it 89/100 times
>she did it 11/100 times
>the "clingy" threshold is 8% initiation
>she initiated 11% of the time 11%>8%
>therefore, by my calculations, she's too clingy
>time to drop her and move on
>>
>>17029208
Talk about how big they like their cucumbers.
>>
>>17029121
>>17029077
You want to know a secret?

Do exact the opposite of any "rules" people tell you.

Don't want to say it's a conspiracy or so, but 99% of the tips people tell for both sexes actually are horrible ideas.
>>
>>17029208
Less talking, more listening.
>>
>>17029252
You sound like a stuck up self centered bitch.
>>
How do I help my shy gf talk dirty in bed.
>>
>>17029267
Get a new one
>>
>>17029252
I usually listen, considering I don't know what to say. I end up listening too much and not adding anything to the conversation.
>>
>>17029281
I want her to participate, though. But she also gets tripped up when I ask her to talk dirty to me. Is there anyway I could I dunno help guide her through her shyness. I'm usually the one that starts, and she's not against talking dirty she wants to try but it just seems to give her anxiety.
>>
>>17029208
The idea of relationship talking is to learn about the other person, not about things.

Talk about things you did (or didn't, if you don't intend a serious relationship), things that make you feel good or bad, and how you feel about events (social things that happen).

It Allows you and the person to know how is your personality and if you both match.

Don't bother about being smart or gathering knowledge.
>>
>Guys would you take a superficial "rich lifestyle" girl or a cute down to Earth girl with virtually nothing?
Cute down to Earth everyday of the week. I am extremely turned off of girls who don't seem intelligent/charismatic.
>>
>>17029170
From my experience as a guy, girls most often prefer the guy to make the first move. It shows assertiveness, (usually) confidence and that you truly are attracted to them.
>>
So there's a girl who works at my bank who's really cute and about my age. We've talked more than just "hi how are you, do anything fun over the weekend" and she always says bye to me when even when she doesn't help me. Also she's paid me compliments like when I got a haircut. Then thing is I don't think it's a good idea to flirt or ask for her number while she's working, anybody got any ideas?
>>
>>17029339
What if they are intelligent and even cuter than the down to Earth girl, just really snobby?
>>
>>17029089
I hear Asian girls are like this all the time, so it's true? Feels bad as a guy who really likes Asian girls, at least the thought of being with one. Maybe you mean Americanized ones? And if that's the case it's fine, all American women suck
>>
Girls and guys

This is just a general question. But-

Where is your safe space? The place you go when you are upset or worried/anxious to calm down?
For some reason, I like going into the bathroom, turning on the vent, and lying down on the rug and curling up in a ball and use a towel as a pillow. It helps me think and be calm
>>
my ex and i have been hooking up and this is "the one who got away" but she is dating someone and cheating on him with my... i know i know this is not something i should be getting in to but i FEEL like she could be the one... what should i do? i want to get her to break up with him and be with me. i cant just tell her because it will make it weird if she doesnt want it... she is also my bestfriend and dont want to mess it up.
>>
About 6 weeks ago I told a girl I like to look up the bubbly nebula, it's a big blue gas cloud, because she has blue eyes, I made her laugh and stuff like that, we talked like once a week.

I've got her on facebook, and we don't have lectures together anymore. Would it be creepy if I messaged her now and told her why I showed it to her?
>>
Girls: Is it better if a guy doesn't reply to a message that is not a question, or that he replies something meaningless/boring/irrelevant?
>>
>>17029409
The bathroom too, including public toilets (if I can lock the door, of course). I just sit or stand there until I'm calm.
I'm male.
>>
is it ever ok to ask out someone that works "beneath" you?

i'm not entirely sure what to do. she seems like she likes me but if i ask her out i feel like her decision would be based on me technically being one of her "bosses". she's a temp worker that was contracted by the company i work for and technically works "under" me as i signed her contract but we pretty much do the same work
>>
>>17029423
>message isnt a question
>replies something irrelevant

how can he reply something irrelevant to something that isnt a question? you'll need to give an example because it seems dumb to expect him to reply to something that doesn't actually request a response
>>
>>17029427

oh yeah in public I do what you just said. But right now, at home, I am actually laying in the floor in my bathroom, on the small rug, I'm curled up in a ball using a towel as a pillow. I have the fan on too. I've Been here for about 30min, and I feel very calm and relaxed now
>>
>>17029395
Depends if
A) immigrated here recently
B) goes back to her home country often
C) hangs out with a lot of materialistic Asian girls

If your answer is yes for 2/3 then there's a high chance she's gonna be materialistic. If you answer no to most of them then she's probably not. There's also personality to factor in but this is usually how I gauge it and it hasn't failed me thus far speaking as a East Asian femanon.
>>
>>17029432
No, that's what I mean. Is someone supposed to reply to a text message regardless of whether it's a question or not? Because nowadays texting is so much like chatting that I'm not sure.
>>
>>17029395

First off.... South Korea has the highest plastic surgery rate in the world. So no. It's not just in America.

But it depends.... Asian is a pretty broad term that accounts for literally over half of the worlds population... Indian's are technically asian...

North Asians (Korean/Japanese/Chinese) tend to be like this, because it reflects their cultural values.

South East Asians (thai/fillipino/Viet) tend to have humbler backgrounds and are usually less materialism based.

Other races are different ways. And no one is beholden to the way their society things just because they're born to one ethnicity or another. In spite of what I said, I have indeed met and dated a cool Korean or two that DIDN'T fall in to the superficiality a lot do (and just because someone is superficial doesn't make them a bad person--I love some of my cousins--but it's just something that's not my personal cup of tea).

>>17029409
>guys Where is your safe space?

Mine is either in my room with a book, in the shower, or at a billiards table. The latter two in particular allow me to just lose myself and re-center.
>>
>>17029409
My walk-in closet. It's more like a storage room so it's really cozy in there. Just turn off all the lights, sit my ass down, and zone out.
>>
>>17029437
Oh I see. I don't have a safe space at home but I relax by listenning to music in my room. I sometimes do lie on the floor as well though :P
>>
>>17029447
This is why smartphones are bad
>>
>>17029125
Make an excuse to talk to her, find something you have in common to talk about more in depth. Are you both in school together, or do you work together, go to the same gym? There has to be some common ground to make a conversation on. This isn't good for consistency, lest you be seen as negative and a downer, but I've found complaining about something relatable makes for an easy conversation starter, just don't seem too angry about it.
>>
>>17029428
It's likely in your actual employee manual to be against the rules.

>>17029416
I'd say it would be overbearing to open with that. Just say "hey! How is the new quarter going?"

Bring up the nebula after you guys are chatting again.

>>17029409
Under the covers, sleep for 15 hours.
What I did just today, haha

>>17029415
Your whole life is a bad idea. Seek Jesus.

>>17029366
What do you mean by extra conversation? It's always hard to tell with these things.

I'd suggest flirting a little bit and seeing if she's receptive. Flirting has plausible deniability, whereas asking out/for number is not.

Avoid having anyone around. She could get in trouble with her boss.

>>17028902
>-Where do you go to meet single guys at?
/soc/
>-What kind of hobbies would you like that guy to share with you?
Anime
>>
>goodnight darlin <3
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>17029554
She's from Texas
>>
>>17029554
I'm from the south and call everyone darlin as well.
>>
Been chatting with this guy for a two weekish now. Hung out a few times but in a group setting. We had plans to chill together just the two of us but it fell through cause he had a prior engagement he forgot about. Now we're trying to find another time/place. There's a tentative time/place right now but he said he'll get back to me. How long should I wait before I follow up on it or do I just not say anything until he brings it up again?
>>
>>17029664
Forgot to say I'm asking guys.
>>
>>17029664

It doesn't really matter. Just proceed as normal and if he doesn't get back to you a few days before the set date, just poke him and ask what's up and if you're still on.

This isn't a guy/girl thing, there are no games, this is just a people thing.
>>
>>17029386
Not possible.

>>17029409
>>17029427
>bathroom
That's pretty disgusting.
I think my safe places would be my bed, sofa and car.
>>
How can a blonde gorgeous 33 years old woman be single? If I were handsome, I'd hit on her like there's no tomorrow.
>>
I'm in a bit of a dilemma.
I'm really into this girl I started talking to about a year ago, I know she is into me too but the problem is:
On July I'm moving to a different city to study but I really don't know what to do about her. Do I distance myself from her, do I just enjoy the time I have left with her or do I simply wait and see what happens? I'm really lost here and would really appreciate some opinions/advice.
>>
>>17029725
>Not possible.

Remember when I said South Korea had the highest plastic surgery rate? Apparently they also are listed as having the highest IQ's and are among the most educated countries in the world

https://iq-research.org/en/page/average-iq-by-country
http://thelearningcurve.pearson.com/index/index-ranking
https://fortunehub.net/2015/12/11/10-of-the-most-educated-countries-in-the-world/

So... yes... highly superficial, but also intelligent apparently.

Also... Have you actually MET any doctors or med-school students? One of my longtime friend's just graduated from his program last year. I was at his graduation and have hung out with him and some of his classmates before that... some of them are fairly pretty people and super bight... but holy fuck are they vain and superficial (my friend is that himself to be honest).
>>
>>17029756
How far away is it? I'd say just try and enjoy the time you have left, if something doesn't work out it might be a bit harder to get over, but if it does, then you won't regret it.
>>
Girls, if youre on 3rd-4th dates and talking alot online does it mean youre into him? No kiss just held hands and etc. I would like more clear signs from this girl but idk if thats just how she is or what.
>>
Question for girls:

So my ex and I broke up a month ago. We were really serious, discussing marriage etc.

Well apparently her depression got the best of her or whatever. Point is she said we needed space and time. So we went on a break aka broke up.

Hurt like a motherfucker. We still text every day and some days are really good. Other days she says I'm talking "different".

I'm confused. Of course I'm talking different, I was talking to you as the love of my life and and my partner for the last two years. Then she gets mad and cold.

Should I just go no contact? I'm holding on in some misguided belief we'll get back together.
>>
>>17029788
It's like 600 km away. The thing is we're not in a relationship and as much as I'd like to be with her on a serious relationship I find it difficult with me moving so far away.
>>
>>17029409
>Where is your safe space? The place you go when you are upset or worried/anxious to calm down?
My room usually. Sometimes my car. The biggest thing is I can guarantee privacy and listen to music in peace without interruption.

>>17029415
She isnt the one who got away if shes cheating and you need to do some introspection yourself.

>>17029071
>Guys would you take a superficial "rich lifestyle" girl or a cute down to Earth girl with virtually nothing?
Probably the latter. I don't really care about fashion and all that shit.
>>
Need adv from girls:
>So I met a girl from tinder
>We had a cool first time hanging out, got along well
>after this I'm a little more flirty over text and she tells me she's not looking to get close to anyone
>hang out again, this time we're super close, like we were good friends already, go on "friend" date or whatever and realize I like her
>realize after I leave I should have went for the kiss, regardless of what she said, she never said she didn't want to fuck... And we did meet on tinder...
>hang out again bring up that I like her and shit like a dumbass instead of just fucking going for the kiss God dammit, she was perfectly okay w me touching her and physically escalating up until that,she turns me down
>still can't help but think I need to try and kiss her when the time is right
>see her Instagram
>her ex fuckbuddy apparently looks eerily similar to me
>she's into guys w blue eyes, I have blue eyes
>ignoring me for the past day
Does it sound like I'm a loser who needs to just accept im Friendzoned? Or am I right in thinking she may want to "just be friends" but still bang?
This chick is really really fucking adorable and cool as hell, I can't get her out of my fucking head no matter how hard I try fuck. I really don't want to like her, but I feel like at least if I fuck her that will help me to get over it, also I just really want to fuck her she seems like a freak and like she'd be like the perfect fwb
>>
>>17029792
If I've been on 3-4 dates with a guy, of course I like him. I'm not going to go on more than a date or two if I don't like a guy

>>17029756
Will it hurt to be away from her? If so, start distancing yourself. If you think you're going to still keep in contact with her, don't distance yourself, but maybe tone down how much you talk to her

>>17029743
Because she's not dating a guy. That's all there is to it

>>17029428
If you're her superior, then don't

>>17029423
Doesn't really matter

>>17029416
6 weeks later? Not creepy, but just weird

>>17029409
I don't really ever feel like that, to be honest
>>
>>17029810
If you can't take it then you might want to cut contact, unfortunately. The only was a long distance thing can work is if there is a plan to see eachother at least fairly regular
>>
>>17029792
What's "held hands and etc."? Seems like she's into you. I wouldn't hold hands and spend time to go on 3-4 dates with a guy unless I was into him.
>>
>>17029743
Because looks are only one factor. Because not everyone wants to be in a relationship.
>>
Have you ever cheated on a good relationship? if so, why?
>>
>>17029858

Dude why the fuck didn't you kiss her? Kissing is the easiest shit in the world
>>
>>17029865
>>17029867
Thank you both, it always helps to get some perspective. I may have to distance myself but I think I should at least tell her how I feel without asking for a relationship. Is it a bad idea?
>>
>>17029909
If you're going to cut her off, then I do think you owe her an explanation.
>>
>>17029428
Even if it's not explicitly stated in HR's code of conduct, you just stated the reason why shouldn't ask her out. You won't know how your position of influence affected her response.

Steer clear, anon. don't go fishing in the company pond.
>>
>>17029796
Please respond
>>
File: 1460508772529.jpg (39 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1460508772529.jpg
39 KB, 657x527
yes hallo, I am looking for love?
>>
>>17029409
I'm such a cliche Asian femanon. My safe place is a giant bear that's about as big as I am. He's so doofy looking and large that he blocks out light and sound and makes me feel safe. When I'm at the dentist, I can tune out and ignore pain by focusing on the teddy bear's doofy grin.
>>
>>17029915
Yeah I do. Thanks, maybe you've noticed how lost I am.
>>
Ok, anyone so how should I bring up the fact it was a compliment from 6 weeks ago?

>>17029416
>>
>>17029952
You don't. Drop it.
>>
>>17029901
Just got out of a relationship w my ex of 3 years.

Still felt kinda conflicted and confused, +rusty and like a pussy on the first hangout. The second was after she said the whole friend thing, so even though I had a chance I didn't take it because that kind of hurt and I figured I didn't have a chance.

Third time I was just a fucking retard and went about it the complete wrong way and brought like feelings and shit into it and tried to have a serious discussion instead of just being a man and taking what I want.

I know it is looking back. I'm literally so fucking mad at myself for not. I'm gonna go for it next time.
>>
>>17029946
>I'm such a cliche Asian femanon. My safe place is a giant bear that's about as big as I am.
I was unaware of this stereotype. Now I want to see it happen.
>>
>>17029956
It's the only thing I can think of messaging to her.
Another anon said it might be ok mid conversation?
>>
>>17029900
I have. Because I was a dumb, immature, inexperienced little shit.
I was 20 and felt like I was in my prime and didn't want to be held down, I watched all my single buddies getting laid by hot young pussy constantly, but I did care for the girl a lot, and she cared for me an incredible amount.

I'll never stop regretting it. I feel like if that never happened, we wouldn't have had so much trust issues, and we could have made it so far, after I cheated I regretted it instantly and did everything in my power to treat her better and be like the bf she deserved, but even that wasn't enough to fix things, as she had her very large share of red flags/things that could be considered cheating, or may as well be, and I couldn't even trust myself so I sure as fuck wasn't gonna trust her. And it tore us apart. I'm still getting over it atm. But I know I will never make the mistake again. I loved that woman to fucking death and would do anything to revive what we had. There's just no way without that solid foundation of trust.
>>
>>17029994
Huh, you're in the exact position my ex-gf is, she just cheated on me and she's regretting it, just as you describe it. I feel i can get over it, but im afraid of getting cheated on again, (2 years together, nothing like that happened before)... thoughts? she's not even the kind of girl you'd expect to cheat... she's an akward nerdish girl.
>>
>>17029300
do you know why she's anxious? If it's because she hasn't done it enough and feels like she sounds silly saying it, then you guys will benefit from additional reps. Maybe listening to others (porn) will help, too- if she's not averse to that.

find out whether there are certain words that she won't use. Or maybe she's not comfortable playing the role of a gg/succubus.

Google "guide to dirty talk"... There's some old Reddit post (I know, I know...) that's pretty well written, both from the guy's and girl's perspective.

Have fun, anon!
>>
>>17029900
I once kissed my best friend when she was married. I was single. Drunk. Playing spin the bottle with a group of people. Regret it to this day.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>17029967
Yup, it's pretty common. I created a chibi avatar using an app, and there was a free giant teddy bear before the paywall to other accessories. (the image isn't it, but if you search for anime girl and bear, you'll see many similar drawings)
>>
>>17030004
No dude. You don't fucking take her back, no matter how much she regrets it. It won't work in the end. Best case scenario, you won't ever fully trust her and this will cause many fights, heartache and pain on its own, but what's more likely is that she'd do it again.

I'm the guy you're talking to, I got caught cheating, she gave me another chance, and I kept on. It's a long and complicated story but to try and sum it up I was a piece of shit the first 2 years or so of the relationship, she was pretty bad too in her own ways, not quite as bad as far as I know, but still pretty bad, so that made me do more shit out of spite. Then after we both grew up and fully committed to the relationship it was fucking beautiful, like we never fought, were constantly happy w eachother, had tons of sex, we were really madly head over heels in love like we'd just gotten married and the whole nine yards, that's when I realized I wanted to take back being such a piece of shit and give her the world. But yeah, even then it didn't work out.

Don't fucking take her back dude. If you do you're fucking pathetic and you're showing her she can walk all over you and do whatever the fuck she wants. It will happen again mark my words
>>
>>17029796
Either break up or don't. Stop this limbo.
>>
>>17029968
What do you mean the only thing you can think of?
I was the original anon suggesting mid convo, but I don't know if you can spin it without being creepy.
Just catch up. Ask her how she is. Make small talk. When you have a few back and forth, say you'd like to hang out again and invite her to coffee.
>>
For guys (and girls I suppose)

I've been flirting with the same guy for a few weeks now. We were talking about Reddit gold and I joked about how he exposed himself. He sent me a link as a followup and said feel free to creep through. How am I suppose to respond to this? Do I pretend I didn't or say I did or what? Why did he even send me a link to it? As a side note, I already knew his username ages ago so I already creeped through it top kek.
>>
>>17030058
A link to his Reddit post history.
>>
>>17030060
Send him a word document with every post you've ever made on 4chan.
>>
>>17030062
Or I could not do that and continue passing as a normie.
>>
What do girls like more, roses or teddy bears?
>>
>>17030073
Roses. They die and then I can chunk them out or if I really wanted to, keep a few petals as a keepsake. I don't want freaking stuffed animals taking up my precious real estate.
>>
A question to both: How often would you like to have sex?

Once a day, every two days, every week, every month, every year?
>>
do girls like roses or chocolates more?
>>
>>17030083
Male
Every two days. I can control myself though. If I had a gf that wanted to do it once a week or even once every two weeks I think I could manage.
>>
>>17030083
female, every day as a general rule, maybe with a few exceptions if i'm mega tired or stressed. but my libido's kind of nuts and inconvenient so im definitely more of the exception than the rule
>>
>>17030108
>stressed

Sex helps.

Same thing with headaches,+
>>
What's the best way to approach a girl in your lectures, I'm worried I'll come off creepy
>>
>>17030110
so what you're saying is just go for it every day always? i can dig it.
>>
>>17030083
Female
Once I live with my partner and am able, I'd like it every day
It doesn't have to be full on sex, but at least some form of physical intimacy. I really love getting my partner off. It makes me feel loved, desired, and useful. Even more than that, it makes me happy and reassured to know I'm keeping him happy and satisfied.
>>
what gift should i give to a girl to let her know that i like her?
>>
>>17030116
if you want to be sure your meaning is clear, go for the cliches. roses, teddy bear, etc.
>>
male

how should i bring up that i want us to start having sex?
>>
>>17030113
Does she know you exist?
>>
>>17030126
yes
>>
>>17030124
ask her if she'd like to have sex.
>>
is there anything guys do or have that is really offensive/unpleasant to girls when hanging out together?
>>
>>17030083
Guy: Multiple times a day, or at least one long session with multiple orgasms.
>>
>>17030136
So many things. Anything that a girl considers a dealbreaker is something you shouldn't do.
>>
>>17030147
List some of them?
>>
>>17030148
Being an asshole
Being a loser
Being boring
Being a misogynist
Having poor hygiene
>>
>>17030083
Minimum three times a week, female.

>>17030092
Chocolate. Flowers are dumb.
>>
Male

Big spoon or little spoon?
>>
Turn on for girls?
>>
>>17030068
4chan is neutered as fuck nowadays.

>>17030058
My only guess is he just gave it to show he's not a jackass online, what with how some people pretend to be internet tough guys. I'm lost otherwise myself.
>>
>>17030114
Sex is a very healthy activity, for extremely obvious reasons, it makes you feel good, it makes your blood flow more, and if you're up to it with your partner, have FURIOUS hard sex to burn calories.
>>
>>17030083
> How often would you like to have sex?

Guy. Somewhere between once every two days to once a week is about perfect for me.. but I'm pretty insatiable once I get going so "once" is typically like 2 to 4 hours.

>>17030073
>>17030092

>do girls like roses, teddy bears, or chocolates more?

As someone who works in the flower industry. It completely depends on the person. But women that are no longer "teens" tend not to be in to teddy bears.

>>17030116
>what gift should i give to a girl to let her know that i like her?
Don't give an unprompted gift to someone you aren't on familiar terms with and for whom you don't have a specific reason to do so for (like a birthday). It's kind of weird and it won't necessarily let her know anything.. Just ask her out on a date.
>>
>>17030152
I think it depends on the person and situation. I prefer being the big spoon generally as a guy, but I also understand the appeal of being the one held.
>>
She doesn't like music of anykind whatsoever, what do I do?
>>
Should I play video games with him even if I'm not good? Will it just annoy him that I sick so much?
>>
Femanon here

Why do guys get boners randomly ?
>>
>>17030181
I think this would be useful, even if you are a drag. It'll gauge how angry he gets over really minor stuff. After that, maybe try out some coop based games, so you can focus on working together rather than against others.
>>
>>17030181
Holy crap do I know this feel. My boyfriend loves video-games and I'm terrible. He's thankfully very patient and sweet though, but he feels bad if I get frustrated or flustered because he thinks I'm not having a good time. So don't do that. Keep it light, don't take it too seriously, and try to have fun.

What kind if games do you have in mind? In my experience, games that are online multiplayer with matches and ranking systems tend to make people turn into raging monsters (think LoL or CS:GO). Maybe those wouldn't be the best to play together.
>>
>>17030186
>Why do guys get boners randomly ?

They're actually happy to see you/talk with you, etc.

I also get a boner when I'm talking with a girl I like, a girl I'm dating, or any really hot looking family member.

Plus boners are good for my blood flow.
>>
>>17030186
I never got them. I always have to think or see something sexual to get one.
>>
>>17030186
I don't know. You'd probably have better luck asking a doctor than random guys on the internet.
>>
>>17030181
>Should I play video games with him even if I'm not good? Will it just annoy him that I sick so much?

Depends on the guy.

Some guys are majorly competitive and aggro as fuck about everything because they're spoiled children raised on COD trash talk, some are pretty chill and won't give a fuck

Personally, I'm hyper competitive, but I also like teaching, so I'm equally patient and am more than happy to show people how to do things.

My girlfriend never played pool before she met me and could spend literally half an hour before sinking a ball, a year later, she's now good enough to beat the average person fairly regularly. I'm still trying to get her to be able to get past the first bit of The Last of Us though lol)

>>17030186
>Why do guys get boners randomly ?
Hormones. Generally once you're in your 20's and beyond though, you stop getting those.
>>
Help. I cant get this girl off my mind. We don't know each other at all besides the fact we go university together. I've exchanged glances a few times but nothing more. Shes totally cute in my books, good fashion, tall like me, and a redhead. Ticks all the boxes.

I just dont know how to approach her. I can talk with any girl I know through some connection fine but I still don't even know this girls name or anything about her. How do I make an excuse to talk to someone I have no reason to talk to? Do I just go right to the point and ask her out to coffee? Pls help I've never felt this way about someone I haven't even known.
>>
>>17030163
Ya but I still wouldn't want to. Also if I wanted to archive my posts I wouldn't be on here. Can someone please give me some actual advice...
>>
>>17030163
Oh wait didn't realize you responded to my original post. That's a valid point but it's not like he had to prove anything. His post history is pretty boring desu.
>>
File: who.jpg (2 KB, 155x37) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
2 KB, 155x37
What does it mean if a girl never texts you first, but when you text her, she responds in a playful manner? I'm always the one to start conversations, but she always responds in a playful/teasing manner.

I'm a guy and she is a girl.
>>
>>17030243
Who ended the previous conversation?
>>
Male period questions

does having a period hurt?

is it a big deal? should i be worried?

how or why does a girls mood change? do they always get angry or do they experience different moods?

how can i tell when it is that time of the month?

how should i treat a girl when it is that time of the month? should i treat her the same or differently then how i would normal treat her?

Is there anything i can do to help?
>>
>>17030280
>does having a period hurt?
Personally, no

>is it a big deal? should i be worried?
Personally, no

>how or why does a girls mood change? do they always get angry or do they experience different moods?
I get quieter/more withdrawn. Never angry. Sometimes really horny.

>how can i tell when it is that time of the month?
Boobs get bigger lel

>how should i treat a girl when it is that time of the month? should i treat her the same or differently then how i would normal treat her?
Personally I just wanna be treated the same but don't grill me for being quiet or whatever.

>Is there anything i can do to help?
Be polite about it.
>>
>>17030280
Disclaimer: periods are VERY different girl to girl. These answers are specifically my experience.

I usually get very bad cramps for the first two days. Sometimes I have to lay down for hours at a time with a heating pad, and I won't be able to do anything strenuous. Ibuprofen is a life-saver.
Periods? Absolutely not. Totally normal. They mean everything is going fine and you're not pregnant.
>how or why does a girls mood change? do they always get angry or do they experience different moods?
I thankfully don't experience any mood changes. If I've been depressed at the time, it might make the depression more severe, but that's all I've noticed. I've also noticed that when I'm cramping, any negative emotions that I happen to feel will make the cramps worse. Hormone fluctuations (and general period pain/discomfort) are the cause of mood changes.
You'll usually only be able to tell if she tells you.
>how should i treat a girl when it is that time of the month? should i treat her the same or differently then how i would normal treat her?
Just ask her. It's different for everyone. Personally, I just need people to be understanding when I'm cramping (so treat me like you would anyone who has a stomach bug), but otherwise, I can go about life pretty normally.
It's sweet you care. Just show that by asking her and she will tell you. It's honestly nothing to worry yourself over.
>>
>>17030261
She did, but sometimes I do.
>>
>>17030300
Hmm well a lot of people kind of follow the "no double texting" rule, so if the other person ended the last convo, they wait for them to start the next one. It guarantees that you aren't bothering them. A lot of girls especially worry about that.
>>
what do girls think of testicles? i imagine they look pretty weird to you
>>
Reposting with some clarification because I want advice.

For guys (and girls I suppose)

I've been flirting with the same guy for a few weeks now. We were talking about Reddit gold and I joked about how he exposed himself. He sent me a link to his Reddit post history as a followup and said feel free to creep through. How am I suppose to respond to this? If I say I creeped wouldn't I look mad thirsty (mind you I've been making all the moves thus far) or will he be offended if I say I didn't? Why did he even send me a link to it? As a side note, I already knew his username ages ago so I already creeped through it top kek.
>>
>friend tells me her friend wants to meet me.
>we start dating
>both each other's first kiss and relationship
>soon after she breaks up
>she's up to her neck in exams
>if she doesn't pass them all her family is going to make her work for future tuition
>she's stressed as hell
>she doesn't have the time or nerves for a relationship
It's over indefinitely.
She seems to have taken it much harder than me.
I just hate such a situation.
Where do i go from here?
I don't think we'll be getting back together...
>>
>>17029198
BOSNIA
O
S
N
I
A
>>
I understand why men do it, but I've noticed women also call other women selfish for not wanting to have children, for wanting to enjoy sex with their partners without having to worry about unwanted pregnancies and for not wanting to give up their dreams to look after kids. They try to shame them into complying even if it kills the woman's quality of life and it puts the kids at risk as they're put with an angry unsatisfied mother that might abuse them out of spite.Why is that? Crab mentality? Do women enjoy making other women and their kids suffer?
>>
>>17030326
I'm usually too distracted by the penis
>>
My gf has always hated her body and thought that she's fat. She's now gaining weight and I'm worried she might take drastic measures to control it. This isn't something I could confront her directly about, so I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>17030421
>I understand why men do it
Why do men do it?
>>
>>17030421
Because it's not a men vs women argument. There are some PEOPLE that believe everyone in a relationship should have kids.

Do men enjoy making women and their kids suffer? Is that what you think their reasoning is too?
>>
Should I ask the girl I got a crush on out again today?
I went with her to the city on monday, and I am wondering if asking her out again this soon would seem weird.
>>
>>17030350
You already look mad thirsty
>>
>>17030421
It's because most people want children, and it's one of the most powerful urges and instincts we have. The basis of human empathy is projecting your feelings onto others, so many people naturally assume you want children, and you not having them they assume makes you feel bad because it would make them feel bad. It's more of a subconscious, gut reaction.

There's also the reason that having kids is basically the most influential thing you'll ever do in your life, unless you're part of the top 1% who do some other great feat. You literally create and raise a new human being who will be part of the next generation. You're pretty much ensuring there's a replacement for you when you're gone, who will carry on society. This is especially true in countries and cultures with low fertility. Right now, japan is pretty fugged because no one is having kids.

(Also, if your parents wanted you, there is a good chance they want grandchildren too, so they will be very sad if they never get to have any. And you can't blame them for feeling that, as it's as natural and powerful an urge as wanting your own children).
>>
>>17030436
I'd like to hear some advice on this too. Never been in a position to help/deal with a partner's weight problems, and would have no idea what to do or say. Would probably just bite my tongue, i'm pretty damn blunt but even i know not to say "you're getting fat, it's bothering me".

>>17030446
Stop asking, man. If you're actually that anxious (there was a guy in another thread who had it bad enough that he threw up just thinking about asking the girl out) then go see a shrink.

>>17030448
>wouldn't I look mad thirsty
>>17030448
>You already look mad thirsty
Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>17030280
Awh, sweetheart.
1. Most often yes, how much varies
2. No, shes aight, shes going through it every month
3. It varies, for me its hypersensitivity, some poeple have mood swings others are angry
4. Chocolate cravings and tampon wraps
5. Best thing you can do is leave her alone until she calms herself and her bleeding vagina
>>
>>17030173
It wasnt meant to be
>>
>>17030152
Both
>>
>>17030448
Explain?
>>
>>17030463
>I'd like to hear some advice on this too.
Idk I just told them straight up they were getting fat and it's concerning.

>Is this some kind of meme?
No, not as far as I know. Isn't it just slang for desperate?
>>
>>17030308
Hopping on this question. I am always the one who always opens the convo, she always has the last reply, like a smiley or a good night after mine. Gold sign?
>>
>>17029865
I think she has been single for at least a year.

>>17029896
>female
>not wanting to be in a relationship
Yeah, right...
>>
How do I ignore a girl after they rejected me? I asked a girl out to lunch and they gave me the most unclear, bs answer imaginable, while also somehow accidentally throwing out "I have a bf oh btw I don't hes just an SO" I deleted her number and stop caring after a box of pizza and a night drive, but now she still texts me and talks to me at work as if nothing ever happened. It's clear as fuck that shes still trying to get me to stroke her ego and I want nothing to do with the sloot.

How do I actually ignore her without looking pathetic? I tried ignoring her with a straight face and walking away but it seemed embarrassing the more I think of it. I was thinking of telling her to fuck off and kill herself if she texted me again but that would just be me giving her attention. Any advice guise?
>>
>>17030508
>made all the moves
>stalked him(granted he doesnt know that)
Bitch pls
>>
>>17030515
No, its slang for "horny"
>>
Girls, I'm going to say goodbye to someone for the last time I once expressed romantic feelings for that weren't reciprocated. I think she's a really special person and I kind of wanted to wish her luck and tell her she's going to be an awesome nurse and stuff, that she could do pretty much anything she puts her mind to because she's talented, but I'm sure that would come across as creepy or uncomfortable. Should I just not say anything at all?
>>
>>17030595
Oh, well by moves I mean I initiated conversations and etc. It really wasn't much effort to find his handles since his information is pretty poorly hidden and everything is hyperlinked to each other.
>>
>>17030601
My bad. Can't keep up with kids and their slang nowadays.
>>
File: 1426341929242.jpg (38 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1426341929242.jpg
38 KB, 600x402
I'm very frustrated.
I'm trying to do better.
I don't want casual sex.

I've spent the past 3 years working on my looks. I was obese at the starting point and lost 80 pounds of body fat, started lifting, threw out the graphic tees for trendy v-necks, got contacts and cut my hair. Doing everything I can, constantly complimented, friends and family can't believe I'm still single because apparently I'm now a good catch?

The only girls I can attract are crap. Junkies, moms, obese women. I'm supposedly good looking now and can't even get an average girl out for coffee. Don't tell me to lower my standards all I'm asking for is someone under 200 pounds who doesn't shoot heroin. No, that's seriously the kind of people who want to be around me.

>personality is more important
Alright. So what are turn offs and what are turn ons then?
>tfw have to learn to put on a mask to get someone to love you
>>
>>17030461
But it doesn't make me feel bad. Being forced to something I don't want is what makes me feel bad.
I am not wiling to sacrifice my life for the next generation. That kind of thinking just creates a vicious cycle where you live a shit life and your kids will live a shit life and their kids will live a shit life because there'll always be a next generation you have to make yourself unhappy for.
Plus my parents should want my happiness. Having a child when I don't does not make me happy. I have other priorities first like having a fulfilled, satisfied life and enjoying myself. What kind of shit parents force their daughter to be miserable? They don't deserve me sacrificing myself for their "happiness".
>>
>>17030646
This is not GIOYC.What's your question?
>>
>>17030675
how to improve personality
what kinds of things would be enough of a turn off that looks alone aren't enough
>>
>>17030681
Man, we don't know you, we wont be able to say whats your problem. We can list turn offs but then youll skim through them and pick the ones you agree with.
But I guess it doesn't hurt so:
>a contemptous attitude
>self-obsessed
>no interests other than what makes them look good
>shallow
>you have to work too hard to keep convrsation with them
>>
>>17030693
Oh right and
>Lordlike attitude
>Easy to get salty
>Have to walk on eggeshells around them
>>
My excuse for the past 5 years for not approaching girls for the first 24 years of my life was that I was an unemployed student. I don't have that excuse anymore because I now have a well paying full time job.

I'm an introverted software engineer but somehow I've always been popular with "cool" crowds at school and uni. The problem is that I don't know how to cold-approach people. I've always been introduced to new people by existing friends, who must like me for some reason else I wouldn't be socially successful.

Where are some appropriate places to approach girls without being too intrusive? I'm not a huge fan of the whole night party/clubbing scene, and I work full time in a city office building. I'm thinking I could start in the morning at local cafes, but people seem so cold/busy in that environment...
>>
>>17030709
You're adorable, I'm sure youll find a girl whos into you. Just dont make them do all the work
>>
>>17030711
Thanks for the kind words, but I feel like if I'm not more proactive I'm just going to end up depressed and alone. Where do girls like to be approached?
>>
Girls (and boys too, if you want to give your opinion, it will be very welcome)

what traits make a men a good men? I often wonder about this. I'm young, 23 years, and I never felt the need of being a bad boy. If anything, i always wanted to grow up a good man.

I believe i'm sensible enough to not do certain things others do that make people go through hassle. Like when guys don't answer on purpose to girls they're dating, for some reason

I feel kind of haunted by the fact I cheated on my now ex-gf. It was a period where she would act very distant and I only kissed a girl, then told my girl the very next day -she didn't left me there, or because of that-

I remember talking about this with a girl friend of mine (wich used to be the best friend of my ex) and she told me I shouldn't have told her that on her face. That indidelities should be hided.

I remember talking with another girl friend about this and she told me how inevitable was that my ex ended up making this kind of situations, because of how distant and cold she acted on purpose. That this didn't justify my bertrayal, but that it was as clear as watet that she was sort of doomed to that because of how impossible it was for her to keep a relationship

I still feel i pretty much drag that weight, that bertrayal
>>
How do I get over the anxiety I feel whenever I ask my boyfriend if he wants to do something?

I constantly feel like an inconvenience and that I'm putting him in an awkward position by even asking to see him. I know saying "no" is an entirely acceptable answer but this normally sets me off worrying that he's saying no because he doesn't want to see me anymore.

It's like it's not worth the risk of me asking him and I really shouldn't feel that way.
>>
>>17030725
Not on street or workplaces. Try coffee shops, pubs, classes. Skip the clubs because nothing but sluts there.
>>
>>17030735
OK, thanks a tonne. Was already thinking coffee shops and I think I'll start with that to build up some confidence, but didn't really consider the classes option. Might try pubs later on in the year but right now I'm experiencing acid reflux and can't really drink soft drinks or alcohol without triggering an attack :(

Thanks again.
>>
Guys, how'd it make you feel if a your gf loved giving you head and wouldn't want a reiporcation(because she didn't enjoy receiving oral)?
>>
>>17030746

Just had this for a few months. It was awesome. Plus she preferred it in the butt over the vag, which was crazy to me cause it's usually like pulling teeth to get a chick to do anal
>>
File: 53624266427727227.jpg (98 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
53624266427727227.jpg
98 KB, 539x960
guys or girls

I've never really known how to feel about my appearance,
so I was wondering what /adv/ honestly thinks about me

tiny bit of context

>18 and a bit
>australia

have more pictures if you feel you need them
>>
>>17030083
As a 28 penis, about every 2 or 3 days if she's my gf.
If fuckbuddy or something like it, then it can be every day. I wouldn't want to get tired of gf too soon and I'm not a horny teenager anymore.

>>17030110
I can't get a boner if I'm stressed or anxious. If I'm angry, I can.

>>17030116
Don't give gifts, idiot.

>>17030173
Enjoy the silence. I do.

>>17030186
Boner are their own separate entities. Sometimes it gets happy even though the man isn't. When a man argue with his boner, the boner always win. I know because I'm one.

>>17030239
That guy is right about his motive.

>>17030241
>boring
Break up. You're too edgy.

>>17030243
It means she is a girl. Girls don't take ANY initiative, even though it would be good if they did sometimes.

>>17030363
Forget the bitch.

>>17030436
Being a control freak and controlling my mom's weight, I'd do the same to her. I'd control what she eats.

>>17030559
Probably.

>>17030582
Block her number and ignore her IRL.
>>
>>17030769
Transition now, you gonna be a hot grill
>>
>>17030769

weak, estrogenized bone structure

like the other anon said, you'd be more attractive as a female
>>
File: 25362662427427.jpg (53 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
25362662427427.jpg
53 KB, 539x960
>>17030777
>>17030779
googled estrogenized bone structure, no such results
also, what makes you say its weak?
>>
>>17030769
are you a man or a woman?
>>
>>17030787

you have no jaw, you have the bone structure of a woman
>>
>>17030746
>loved giving you head
no problem, on the contrary
>>
>>17028832
How long should I wait to text someone to avoid being annoying after one text?
>>
>>17030809
>this question all the time
As long as you don't seem like you have nothing to do all the time.
>>
File: 115236135116151122.jpg (43 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
115236135116151122.jpg
43 KB, 540x960
>>17030789
>>17030793
improved the lighting conditions in order to take a better photo.
after looking at skeleton anatomy I would have to disagree
>>
Dating neighbors, yay or nay?
I'm a man if it makes any difference.
>>
>>17030830
probably a bad idea unless you're planning on moving house in the near future,
or you're absolutely positive it'll work out

imagine how cringey it would be if you broke up on bad terms
>>
>>17030828
listen i'm sorry for you but you have a more feminine face than many girls i know. Now stop posting or take this shit to >>>/soc/
>>
File: 12515336116.jpg (51 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
12515336116.jpg
51 KB, 539x960
>>17030836
I'm here for advice,
yet all I'm getting is a samefag trying to get me to leave

compared to uni mates, I'm quite standard and the skull doesn't stop growing till 25

why so desperate for me to leave,
you mad?
>>
>>17030854
No, we try to avoid getting people spamming their faces here. There are tons of rate, recommendation, assumption threads on /soc/. Knock it off.
>>
>>17030854
No one likes trans people.
>>
File: 532636266262.jpg (55 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
532636266262.jpg
55 KB, 539x960
>>17030869
>>17030871
I don't see the issue with another person posting?
and yes I've noticed those threads, and I'm now posting there too
but I still don't understand the problem m8
breaking 0 rules rn

last pic cbs taking more
>>
>>17030734
>but this normally sets me off worrying that he's saying no because he doesn't want to see me anymore
This is where you're shooting yourself in the foot.
Practice explaining to yourself reasons why. Because he wants to decompress alone. Because he has a lot of work to do. Because he has to get up early tomorrow. Because he has bad farts and doesn't want you to know.

Go to a therapist.
>>
>>17030732
Cheaters logic of "she made me do it!" makes me lose respect for you. Your friend is an idiot and an asshole. If a SO is being distant, deal with it or break up. Don't cheat.

If you ever speak of this in the future, don't justify it. Say "I can't believe I did it. It was so stupid. It was childish and not worth it. It haunts me."
Implying she forced your hand wouldn't make me think it wasn't your fault, it would make me think you have no willpower, no honor, and are not trustworthy.
>>
>>17030620
>but I'm sure that would come across as creepy or uncomfortable. Should I just not say anything at all?
You know her better than we do. Trust your gut and tone it down. "Good luck with medical school! I'd bet you'll make a great nurse."

If you know it'll make her uncomfortable, then that means that you aren't wanting to say all that sappy stuff for her. Your goal isn't to motivate her and to make her feel great. You just want to do it for yourself. Are you trying to prove to her that you are a supportive and kind person? Maybe make her a little guilty for turning you down?

If not, go with what you know about her and don't wig her out.
>>
>>17030648
Check out some childfree forums. I think it would make you feel better to hear from people who have the same idea you do.
They also have good resources on how to find a doctor who will sterilize you.
>>
>>17030280
It's usually a dull ache during the period for me. Others I get waves of awful cramps that can banish me to curling up on the floor. One time I passed out from the pain. After getting food poisoning, I found out that the rolling cramps are the same. If you've ever had food poisoning, that's what it feels like.
Our body is essentially going through a mini labor. It's so violent because it's trying to get rid of any non-viable babies that might have been fertilized. And babies are very aggressive to stay.
Don't be worried, we deal with this every month for the majority of our life.
Have you ever been really really angry, and then you ate something, and realized you were just hungry? The state of our body makes a huge difference on our emotions. The mind and the body are not seperate. Periods and PMS make huge hormone changes that are a direct connection to our emotional levels.
Some of us know how to cope with it, some of us are having a hard time with it, some of us don't have mood swings.

The moods I experience are: irritability, depression, hyperactive excitement, sometimes intense horniness.
Whatever you do, don't say "You're just acting this way because you're on your period" Because what you're doing is invalidating what she's feeling. That hurts, and hits harder than if we were lucid. Let her say a week later, "man, that was crazy. Sorry." And you'll say, "Oh, don't worry about it! You weren't that crazy."
If she's having cramps, don't make her go out. Watch a movie together at home and give her a heating pad for her stomach, feed her ice cream and Excedrin.
>>
>>17029170
Prefer it if he approaches me, just because it's more reassuring as I then know he's definitely attracted to me.

>>17029267
Could watch porn together for examples on how to do it. Make sure to give her lots of encouragement and praise when she does do it.

>>17029409
I like sitting on my roof, it's one of the few places I feel like I can really be on my own.

>>17029554
Seems pretty affectionate, but not necessarily in a romantic way. Need more information.

>>17030073
I prefer flowers, I have too many teddy bears lying around as it is.

>>17030083
Well every day in an ideal world.

>>17030092
I prefer roses, you can buy chocolate for yourself but I'd feel like a huge loser buying myself a bunch of roses.

>>17030124
Not enough info here to really say, if she's not a virgin then I'd say just try and initiate it and see if she says yes or no, if she's a virgin do the same thing but throw in a 'are you ready to do this?' when it's clear what your intentions are.

>>17030136
Erm hanging out as friends or in a romantic way? Because just as friends then there's no specific rules, but if you want a romantic relationship then probably don't talk about other girls you find hot (especially not her friends), don't talk too much about old relationships. Can't think of much else.

>>17030158
Completely dependent on the girl in question, so I'll just give you my basic turn ons: good sense of style, intelligent, funny, easy going, dominant personality, confident, happy, good hygiene (keep the nails short). Into BDSM.
>>
>>17030083
Guy here, once or twice a day is ideal, but I can be happy with once a week. It's more important to me that she takes care of her body, I'm not a huge fan of excessive fat. Chubbiness is fine, obesity isn't.
>>
>>17030083
Female. Every day or every other day.
>>
>>17030280
1. Almost always to some extent, it varies from girl to girl though.

2. Worried? No, almost every girl on the planet has one.

3. Hormones change moods. I personally get more weepy than angry, but again it depends. I usually get really horny a day or so before my period starts.

4. You can't usually tell. Some signs though: in a bad mood, eating more (unhealthy) food than usual, looks bloated/bigger tits.

5. Just be nice to her and understand that she might do irrational things she wouldn't usually do. Ask her if she'd like you to bring her anything (popular items include a hot water bottle/food).

Cute that you're asking.

>>17030326
They are pretty entertaining, but I tend not to think about them that much.

>>17030769
Go to one of the rate threads on /soc/
>>
>>17030083
Fem. Every day or every other day.
>tfw high sex drive
>>
>>17030769
>>17030787
>>17030828
>>17030854
>>17030880
just fix your hair and smile
otherwise, pretty good
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.