[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People don't like me roommates don't like me and go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1
People don't like me

roommates don't like me and go out without me and don't invite me. They care about each other but not me, even when I overdosed they only begrudgingly called an ambulance

I try to make small talk with the woman threading my eyebrows and she gets annoyed at me

A guy was really nice to me and seemed to like me but then when he got drunk he says he didn't really want to have me around but felt obliged to be 'accommodating'

Someone who I thought I was really close to suddenly stopped talking to me months ago

A guy who had sex with me always makes sure to let me know that he's not my boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend, no one has wanted to date me

Someone said they would add me on facebook but he didn't accept my friend request.

All I do is smile and try to talk to people and they just don't like me no matter what I try.

How do I deal with this?
>>
>>17028194
>when I overdosed

Are you joking? You must be aware of the fact that you're a drag and no one wants to be around that?
>>
>>17028194
Tits or GTFO.
>>
>>17028199
How do I not be a drag? I try my best to be nice and likeable.
>>
>>17028211
What do you talk about in general?
>>
>>17028194
>even when I overdosed

Has it crossed your mind that people don't want to hang out with a potential problem for them?

I wouldn't invite you to party at my house because what if you OD in my fucking house? Not a moralfag either, I smoke a lot of weed but I don't need anyone to call an ambulance on me when I do.

Get your shit together. Study, get a job.
>>
stop doing drugs and or trying to kill yourself for one
>>
>>17028217
I'm a student

I should just keep quiet about my drug habits then?
>>
>>17028233
Or stop doing hard drugs. The only people who hang out with hard drug users are dealers and other addicts.
>>
>>17028239
Even when I'm not on drugs people don't like me.
>>
>>17028243
Would you hang out with someone who usually carries an illegal handgun with them but told you Nah, I left it at home today?
>>
>>17028243
But there's gotta be something else, there's gotta be a reason why people don't like you. Hell, for all I know it all might be in your head.
>>
>>17028251
So explain why they didn't like me before I did drugs.
>>
>>17028260
idk maybe you're just a shit person

what do you want me to do about it?
>>
>>17028258
I don't know I guess I'm just boring and annoying.
>>
You don't seem like they kind of person who's fun to be around. People don't like negative people who feel sorry for themselves.
>>
>>17028264
How do you bore/annoy people? Alright let's say that I'm hanging out with you right now. How would that go?
>>
what i get from you is that you're ugly with a poor sense of fashion/hygene combined with the fact youre a druggy. noone wants that shit.
>>
>>17028194
>even when I overdosed they only begrudgingly called an ambulance
What did you OD on, and why?
>A guy who had sex with me always makes sure to let me know that he's not my boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend, no one has wanted to date me
Stop fucking dudes who bring down your self-esteem, it's not good for you in the long run. Plenty of mansluts who will treat you like a princess, at least just for the night.

>All I do is smile and try to talk to people and they just don't like me no matter what I try.
Frankly, it's hard as hell to figure this out just from this vague description. Some questions to start if you're up to it:
>Male or female? Age?
>What are you currently doing with your life? School, work, NEET, etc?
>What's your relationship with your family like?
>What are your friendships like? How many friends, how close are they?
>What's your love life like? Serious dating, casual sex, FWBs, etc?
>How would you describe your relations with people around you in general? Do you feel any emotional connection to them? What do you think of them? What do you think they think of you?
>Do you ever dream or fantasize about other people? About helping them, hurting them, "teaching them a lesson", proving yourself, being accepted, etc?
>>
>>17028275
I might just ramble on about something without making sense, or be very childlike, or not say anything at all (because I can't think of anything to say)

>>17028342

I OD'd on a mix of ketamine, research chemicals and mdma

>Stop fucking dudes who bring down your self-esteem, it's not good for you in the long run. Plenty of mansluts who will treat you like a princess, at least just for the night.

It's either that or no sex at all. I don't have options.

>female, early twenties
>student
>Not in contact with family, don't want to be
>I don't really have friends, just acquaintances
>I don't have a love life, occasionally will have sex with someone in exchange for accommodation, I wish I had a boyfriend though, but I don't know how to date
>I don't know what they think of me because they can be nice and friendly to your face but say you're annoying to someone else later. I no longer let myself get too attached to people, although I try my best to be friendly and nice
>I don't really fantasize about helping or hurting them or teaching them a lesson.
>>
>>17028194
Are you ugly? Those are ugly people feels. I only say this because that sounds like exactly the type of stuff I go through, especially the part where longtime friends suddenly stop talking to me. That part is what really hurts the most.
>>
>>17028567
Yeah, pretty ugly
>>
>>17028526
>It's either that or no sex at all. I don't have options.
Really? Tried Tinder? Unless you're obese, a midget, or whatever, you have options.
Especially if you're a student! You're not a crack whore or something, don't sell yourself short.
>mix of ketamine, research chemicals and mdma
Doesn't sound good. Do you usually do drug cocktails at parties?
>occasionally will have sex with someone in exchange for accommodation
What do you mean by "accomodation"?

>I wish I had a boyfriend though, but I don't know how to date
Easy enough, in most countries the guy does almost all the work.
Of course, you can also be proactive about it and ask guys out.
It's not rocket science, a date is basically just something romantic you do with a love interest. Can be just a meetup at a coffeeshop, a formal dinner, a picnic, a night at one of your houses if either knows how to cook, etc.
If you find a decent guy who's into you, you can just tell him the truth: that you have no idea what you're doing, and he'll take the lead.

>I no longer let myself get too attached to people, although I try my best to be friendly and nice
This is almost a guaranteed route to problems. Try to find a better social circle (better people, who don't talk about you behind your back) and open up more. This shouldn't be too difficult in college, where there tend to be a lot of decent people working hard on their educations.

Some more questions:
Do you have mood swings? Times when you feel happy, sad, anxious, etc for seemingly no reason?
How much/how often do you worry about life in general?
How much do you worry about the problems you have with others? Do you worry about what they think of you?
About whether they're talking about you behind your back? About whether they're loyal friends or just "phonies"?
How do you prefer to deal with conflict, social conflict in particular? Do you prefer direct confrontation? Passive-aggressiveness? Going off and sulking/brooding? Violent outbursts? Etc?
>>
>>17028194
I've only just read your thread, and I already don't like you.
>>
>>17028577

I can only get casual sex, even though I'm a student. I sadly don't have options

>Doesn't sound good. Do you usually do drug cocktails at parties?

No

>What do you mean by "accomodation"?

A place to stay

>If you find a decent guy who's into you, you can just tell him the truth: that you have no idea what you're doing, and he'll take the lead.

HAHAHAHA there are no guys who are into me

>This is almost a guaranteed route to problems. Try to find a better social circle (better people, who don't talk about you behind your back) and open up more. This shouldn't be too difficult in college, where there tend to be a lot of decent people working hard on their educations.

I've tried, wherever I go and whoever I talk to, no one takes a liking to me

>Do you have mood swings? Times when you feel happy, sad, anxious, etc for seemingly no reason?

Yes

>How much/how often do you worry about life in general?

Yes

>How much do you worry about the problems you have with others? Do you worry about what they think of you?

A lot, yes I do

>About whether they're talking about you behind your back? About whether they're loyal friends or just "phonies"?

About a month ago I started to not believe people's niceness anymore, before that I just assumed they were being genuine.

>How do you prefer to deal with conflict, social conflict in particular? Do you prefer direct confrontation? Passive-aggressiveness? Going off and sulking/brooding? Violent outbursts? Etc?

I don't think I've been in any serious conflict for many years, and back then I would just let people hit me
>>
>>17028194
Are you trans? Or an other-kin or something like that?
>>
>>17028595
No.
>>
>>17028567
Those aren't "ugly people feels". Some ugly people are narcissists, for example.
Besides, i'd question whether you or OP are actually ugly (low self esteem =/= ugly)

>>17028590
>HAHAHAHA there are no guys who are into me
Really? What's your major? (eg if you're in nursing this is less surprising than, say, electrical engineering)
How do you know that there aren't any into you? ie how do you tell when they are?

>I've tried, wherever I go and whoever I talk to, no one takes a liking to me
When's the last time you tried to go and talk to someone/group of people?
How about the last time you noticed that someone likes you as a friend?
Last time you noticed sexual attraction?

And a couple more questions:
How are you paying for college, room and board, drugs, etc? Do parents/relatives help (if not, do you think they'd want to)?
Do you have any hallucinations while sober (see things that aren't there, hear voices, etc)?
Which drugs that you take seem to help you the most (emotionally, mentally, physically, ...)?
Describe the mood swings. What feelings you alternate between, how long they last, what makes them better or worse, etc.
>>
Schools have counselling centres. Go. Soon.

No one wants to deal with someone who may OD. Personal problems like that are not something an average college student is able to handle.

Look at the sorts of things people do who have friends. How do they act? Then slowly but surely start mimicking these behaviours. Frankly, you sound like a bitch. I have enough nasty mean negative people in my life...
>>
>>17028635
Computer science. If guys were into me they would show signs or pursue me. No guy has ever liked me in that way, I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date. There are just too many girls who are prettier than me that they go after

>When's the last time you tried to go and talk to someone/group of people?
Last friday
>How about the last time you noticed that someone likes you as a friend?
You mean someone who didn't turn out to dislike me after all and wasn't really my friend? 3 years ago
>Last time you noticed sexual attraction?
Never, all the sex I get is online

>How are you paying for college, room and board, drugs, etc? Do parents/relatives help (if not, do you think they'd want to)?
Student loans
>Do you have any hallucinations while sober (see things that aren't there, hear voices, etc)?
No
>Which drugs that you take seem to help you the most (emotionally, mentally, physically, ...)?
Alcohol
>Describe the mood swings. What feelings you alternate between, how long they last, what makes them better or worse, etc.
From utter despair, sadness and self-pity to giddy and excited about a project
>>
>>17028643
>Look at the sorts of things people do who have friends. How do they act? Then slowly but surely start mimicking these behaviours.
That's what I've tried!

>Frankly, you sound like a bitch.

What came off as bitchy?
>>
>>17028573
All I can say is don't give up. I'm in the same boat.

>>17028655
I can relate because I'm in a nursing program. I'm a guy who is surrounded by girls 24/7 and I still can't get a date. But doing well in school feels good, so that least there's that.
>>
OP you sound like me in college, except I didn't really do drugs. I did OD on antidepressants once and smoked weed a couple times but that's it (I think; the 90s were a long time ago).

People don't want to be around you? Perfect, it gives you lots of free time to start working on improving yourself. I also get a feeling there's shit in your past that influenced the way you are now. If so, this is a great opportunity to start separating the past from the present.

First you gotta take a hard look at yourself. Not in a self-punishing way, just a very honest way with no excuses. More honest than you've probably ever been with yourself. It sounds like you're starting to do that. Keep it up.

Then find a therapist. You might have to see a few before you get one you click with. If you can't afford one, the local human services department might be able to help, so don't say "I can't afford it" til you've called them. If you really can't stand therapists, then find some self-help books or sites. Whatever you do will be much more effective if you have someone to help you. If nothing else, see a shrink or therapist for a session or two just to get assessed. Then it's up to you what you want to do with that info.

If you go the self-help route, try googling personality disorders. But do NOT try to self-diagnose. Just see if any of them seem to fit your description, and then research how they're treated. Then try some of that. Most therapy for personality disorders is an industrial-strength version of the natural learning process people go through when learning to deal with life. So even if you don't end up fixing the main problem right away, you'll still have helped yourself in some way.

Another thing I highly recommend is journaling. Daily or just every now and then. Just helps to get it out of your head and on paper or a screen.

You will be ok OP. It'll take time but you'll be ok.
>>
>>17028655
>Computer science
In the US, Europe ("informatics"), or somewhere else? How's the gender ratio of the program? (eg in the US it's often comically lopsided like 90m/10f, in europe it's often a more reasonable 60/40 or even 50/50)
US also has a more... interesting social environment with the extreme gender ratios, low average social skills, asian/indian group, etc, things that can dramatically affect your social and love life, but that you can learn to cope with and even master. In Europe it's more straightforward, much more like other majors.

>who didn't turn out to dislike me after all and wasn't really my friend?
How does this typically happen? Can you describe an example?

>Never, all the sex I get is online
Online how? As in you find matches online, then meet in person? Or entirely digital?

>Alcohol
I'm guessing it lowers your inhibitions and helps you interact more "naturally" with others at social events, right? Or for other reasons?
Have you tried benzodiazepines, or barbiturates?
How do you react to classical stimulants like speed, if you know?
What about weed?
>>
If you want a real relationship, tell the guy to fuck off. Friends with benefits are great, but if you want more, act like it.

If you want people´s respect, act like it, be nice, don´t be too needy and be your own person.

People leave all the time and adding on fb etc. is just a small part, don´t push them if they don´t want to. Find other people.

And seriously. If you do drugs/pills and overdose and someone has to save your ass, you can´t expect them to like you and invite you out. Imagine your roles switched.

(Btw.: being nice and likeable isn´t the same as being complient with everyhing. It means having a personality that people might find interesting. Noone likes goody-two shoes or "nice to everyone, but no opinion of their own" people)
>>
Have you been to a therapist?

Maybe you have a social disorder.

What was your childhood like? What are your parent/s like?
>>
>>17028698
UK. Mostly guys.

I gave examples in the OP.

>As in you find matches online, then meet in person?
Yes

Alcohol makes me happy and helps with my anxiety

No I haven't, and I don't want to get addicted to benzos.

Weed has no effect on me but if it's there I'll try it.
>>
>>17028688
Thanks for the advice

>>17028710
I have had therapists in the past

My childhood was shit, parents were a bit shit too but they weren't the worst offenders
>>
>>17028709
Telling the guy to fuck off just leaves me with no sex at all.

> be nice, don´t be too needy and be your own person.
It's what I've tried! I just don't know what to do to get people to like me

> you can´t expect them to like you and invite you out. Imagine your roles switched.

They didn't like me before the OD.

How do I develop a personality that people find interesting?
>>
>>17028744
What kind of guys do you go after?

You're a girl and you're into computers.
If you're cool with dating nerdier/beta males, and ditch the heavier drugs, you definitely can get a boyfriend.
You'll just have to be a lot more aggressive about it and take the lead.
>>
>>17028744
Well then its all about priorities. Some of us deal with no sex for a while if we want more, but generally its too hard to turn a fuck buddy to a good boyfriend...mostly not a good "bf material". I´d rather have no sex than sleep with a jerk, who doesn´t give a shit about me.

Well if you are okay with drugs and they´re not, that might trigger it, it may be you are too nosy, too eager or plain too moody. The attittude of "Oh they aren´t responding as I wanted, they must not like me so I´ll act like that" never helps. People are sensitive to that. And to body language and the feeling that comes off other people.

There are several ways. One requires work - you study people hard, try hard and really learn from them or you build yourself as a person and thus find people that are okay with you as yourself. Generally these two go hand in hand.

If you try to be a person that people like, you most likely won´t be liked at all. At least not on deeper level than an acquintance you´d meet somewhere by chance. You need to be you, but a better you.

This might be a wild guess (and it will require you to really introspect and look at yourself properly), but just stop being depressive or oversharing with everyone, don´t have an "I deserve something" attittude or "you don´t speak to me, you´re so mean" one. Be nice, do favors, but don´t guilt people in things and don´t expect them to be some way (or do something) for you just because you did so too.

You need to have a VALUE as a person, being likeable in a "face" on top. Other way, you won´t find anyone good
>>
>>17028768
I don't know I don't really have a type. I just develop crushes on guys and they don't like me back.

Whatever I can deal with not having a boyfriend but I want genuine friends.

>>17028776
I went for many years without sex as a virgin, having sex with jerks is better than no sex at all

Ok so I won't be nosy or eager any more.

I can't do what other people do, I can't come up with witty things to say even though I've tried.

Yeah I definitely overshare. I'm going to stop that.
>>
>>17028794
Well it´s a choice. Nothing against it, it´s just not a best way into a normal relationship, at least not to get the fuck buddy into one.

Anyway you don´t need to be witty or anything, and if, that comes with training. It´s about being nice, smiling from time to time, be interested in others and having your own life and hobbies you can share about (sharing is okay, it´s just bad to overburden people with troubles or suffocate them with your stories).

Anyway I still have a feeling the drugs may be quite a big issue, I´d drop them if I were you, it´ll do you good on all fronts
>>
>>17028807
Can you not have casual sex and try to find a normal relationship at the same time? Not that I know how to find a normal relationship. Or if I'm even good enough for someone to want as a girlfriend.

But that's exactly what I do, I take an interest in people and ask them about stuff, and I'm nice and smile and stuff. But I definitely overshare because I like brutal honesty, I find it funny, especially about body stuff.

Drugs are a very recent thing and don't have much to do with these friend issues.
>>
>>17028744
>I just don't know what to do to get people to like me
Frankly, i don't think you need to do much at all in terms of character, personality, etc: you don't sound remotely unlikeable to me.
Of course, I'm not a fully "normal" guy myself, but I'm probably not much stranger than the average guy in your department.

And you really gotta get to a psychiatrist. You have a GP, right? It'd be a good idea to see them and get a referral. It sounds like you have serious, clinical anxiety issues, and have started to develop major avoidant complications. Certain medications can do wonders for this: it's much better for your physical and mental health to get on a normalized treatment regimen rather than haphazardly abusing a variety of dangerous drugs on your own. Actual anxiolytics will do much better than the alcohol, without the intoxication and side effects.

>How do I develop a personality that people find interesting?
Even if you find an answer to that question (like a detailed guide) and follow it, it will not help. First of all, few people can actually craft an artificial personality: schizoids, for example. If go read some of their stories, well, they're not exactly inspirational. Take it from someone who's been there: nothing leaves you feeling emptier.

>>17028794
>I just develop crushes on guys and they don't like me back.
How do you know they don't like you back?
You said earlier that they would "show signs" or "pursue you": what kind of guys are we talking about here? Because that sure as shit doesn't sound like guys majoring in computer science to me.

>Ok so I won't be nosy or eager any more.
>Yeah I definitely overshare. I'm going to stop that.
You might not want to listen to that advice. Further emotional withdrawal will be counterproductive.
It will make you look slightly saner, but badly hurt your sanity in the long run.
>>
>>17028837
In my opinion not really. Casual and relationship are pretty much opposites.
>>
>>17028837

I dunno. Maybe for some people. I went on a few dates with a girl who casually mentioned her "fuck buddy." I asked if she was still seeing the guy, and she says "If this gets serious, I'll stop seeing him." I don't think there was anything WRONG with what she was doing, but it turned me off and I lost interest. Most of my friends agreed they would've done the same thing. Take that as you will
>>
>>17028855
Nobody knows about my casual sex I don't see how it hinders any chances I have of finding someone who wants to have a relationship. Not that there are any guys who want to have a relationship with me
>>
>>17028864
No one knows about my sporadic casual sex.
>>
>>17028946
Oh I'm sorry I misread. I thought you meant get a relationship out of someone you're having casual sex with.

>Not that there are any guys who want to have a relationship with me

Honestly I think that's bullshit. Akin to what I said before, I'm sure there are plenty of nerdier/shy guys who would. Me being one of them.
>>
>>17028851
I got put on anti depressants they didn't help

I can deal with anxiety without alcohol but I drink by myself to deal with negative emotions

But if people don't like me then by definition I'm unlikeable.

I know they don't like me because they either say so or they pursue other girls but show no interest in me.
>>
>>17028962
If there were I would have had a relationship by now.
>>
>>17028970
Have you tried online dating?

Make the initial contact, set up the first date, and follow up afterwards if it goes well. You basically have to be the "male" in this regard. Social anxiety is a real bitch.
>>
>>17028573
post a pic. this is /adv/, not /b/, so there's no big deal in posting a pic of your face
>>
You might have Aspergers.
>>
File: mai.jpg (52 KB, 640x687) Image search: [Google]
mai.jpg
52 KB, 640x687
>>17028946
>Not that there are any guys who want to have a relationship with me
You're a CS major, you can't possibly believe this.
Ever talked to a dude in your major about his love life? Pic related.

>>17028963
>I got put on anti depressants they didn't help
Seems like you have anxiety problems, not depression. And if you have mood swings, antidepressants usually don't help.
>I can deal with anxiety without alcohol
I highly doubt that, considering basically everything you've said.
It's way, way, way past the point of just minor social anxiety, it's gotten to the point where you're basically developing complications (avoidant issues) from leaving it untreated for so long.
>I drink by myself to deal with negative emotions
There are better drugs than alcohol for this, i assure you. Alcohol is unreliable, has an extremely problematic dose-response pattern, has massive side effects, and is toxic over time.

>But if people don't like me then by definition I'm unlikeable.
There's a difference between "unliked" and "unlikeable".
You may be "unliked", but there's no way you're "unlikeable".
You sound nice enough over text, and you're probably nicer in person.

>I know they don't like me because they either say so or they pursue other girls but show no interest in me.
They may be too afraid to pursue you (too anxious, or wary of possible problems) or assume that you can't/won't enter into a long-term relationship.
If you're overweight, that could be the problem, as always.
There's also the self-esteem issues (which let's be honest, are severe even by social anxiety standards). Guys often jump from that to "damaged goods, stay away" since they're not exactly confident dealing with possible major trauma (eg rape or child abuse)

>>17029028
Extremely unlikely.
>>
>>17028946
>casual sex

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>17029063
I don't have social anxiety

And as for other drugs to deal with negative emotions, you can't take mama or psychedelics all the time they lose their potency. So during the waiting times it's usually alcohol I go to

People find me annoying even though I try to be nice

They're not afraid of pursuing other girls why would they be afraid of me. I'm just too ugly

Anyway this is about making friends, boyfriends is a bit beyond my capability
>>
>>17028211
If you're the type of person who overdoses around your roommates then yeah, you're kind of a mess. No one wants that piece of collateral around. You probably come across as very abrasive, or annoying to other people. I knew someone who was like that. She practically yelled whenever she talked to anyone. Rather than blaming everyone else and throwing a pity party, maybe you should clean up your act.

No formatting cause fuck itttttt pce im out bitches
>>
Hmm... Maybe we should approach this in a different way, because you're obviously annoying people without meaning to.
What kinds of things do you talk to them about?

Here are some things that annoy me:
-when people start making fun of/talking shit about other people
-when other people are loud all the time. I don't mind putting in headphones or earbuds but if I have to wear them 90% of the time then there's a problem
-people who invite themselves
-people who don't respect my space and belongings and time
-people who wanna nitpick and get in arguments over things that are dumb
-people who only talk about dumb shit like drugs or sex to the point where they're obviously trying to be cool
-people who do things for attention and it's obvious

Are you any or some of these?
>>
>>17029111
>I don't have social anxiety
Social anxiety is the most optimistic thing i can tell you. Everything else on the list is worse.
Next we can look at trauma, if you want to talk about it (people don't cut contact with their families for no good reason).
Bottom line though: you're developing avoidant personality disorder right now, and you want to get help before it gets all the way to a full-blown case, because at that point it becomes much harder to fix. Go see your GP. Ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. Tell them all of this. They can help much more than we can over the internet.

>And as for other drugs to deal with negative emotions, you can't take mama or psychedelics all the time
By "other drugs" I mean the kind you get from a pharmacy, not a dealer.

>People find me annoying even though I try to be nice
I seriously doubt it. Has anyone said this directly? (a decent person)?
>hey're not afraid of pursuing other girls why would they be afraid of me. I'm just too ugly
See above. Can even post a pic if you want.
>>
>>17029197
I've been diagnosed with BPD already, I can't get any more therapy on the nhs

Yes, people have said I'm annoying and they didn't like me, decent people
>>
>>17030143
Yeah, was afraid it'd be BPD (it's one of those "worse" things on the list). It's also a big risk factor for avoidant issues (BPD/AvPD is fairly common and has been studied as a phenomenon), but unfortunately it's not as simple to fix.
Medication can only really help with the anxiety and depression (i'd consider Lyrica and Abilify, for example), therapy will have to do the rest.
Do you have a psychiatrist you can see if needed? It'd really be helpful to stop doing all the recreational drugs and put together a real treatment regimen, and this is much simpler than therapy on the NHS.

>I can't get any more therapy on the nhs
Doesn't your university provide a mental health services office, with a therapist at least? That should be free or almost free (it's usually paid for with fees on all students).

Can also try local volunteer/charity providers, like these guys:
http://www.mind.org.uk/about-us/local-minds/
There's usually a service or two of that sort in most major college towns, since students badly need them.
Could try to see if there's a mental health awareness/support club on campus: those guys usually maintain a list of all local resources. (can even join them if you feel up to it: good for the community, helps you meet some friends, and they don't judge, most of them are struggling with or have gone through all sorts of mental illnesses themselves: eg a bipolar gal was president of the chapter i helped out with).

>Yes, people have said I'm annoying and they didn't like me, decent people
The BPD diagnosis makes this more likely.
Unfortunately, it also means you'll have difficulty understanding exactly what you're doing wrong without either intensive support from patient friends/family, or extensive therapy.
In your case, it sounds like the easiest path is to make some close friends who can help you with these problems, since it's very hard to do so over the internet (especially in text, where mannerisms, body language, tone, etc are invisible).
>>
>>17030242
Uni has counselling for a few weeks, that's it. And I called the local mind charity they don't offer therapy any more

I live in a small town there are no other services

Like I said I've already had therapy and medication, it didn't really help.
>>
>>17030389
>Uni has counselling for a few weeks, that's it.
Unfortunate. How does the NHS therapy work, have you exceeded a cost or number of appointments limit?

>Like I said I've already had therapy and medication, it didn't really help.
It's not like you just try once and give up, gotta keep going till you solve the problem. From everything you've said, it sounds like it's just getting worse and worse, it isn't going to suddenly get better on its own.

You said that you don't have any close friends right now, but is there anyone you think you can trust? Anyone you know that you'd like to be friends with?
Childhood friends you've kept in touch with? (or not)?
Any other social support, like a church? Got a priest or the equivalent?
Any family that isn't... estranged? eg cousins?
>>
>>17030440
You get a set number of weeks of therapy and that's it.

I don't have anyone

One of my previous therapists said I was adorable
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.