[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need a vacumm cleaner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Vacuum-Cleaners.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Vacuum-Cleaners.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
any recommendations?

my current one is for hardfloors only (no brush), and I moved to a carpeted apartment. going for best-bang-for buck; nothing shitty, but also dont want to spend $300+ plus unless it really is worth it.
>>
>>17016695
The best type is wet dry vacuum cleaner.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/wet-dry-vacuum

This is what you use when you want to get clean anything. Another plus is you don't need paper sacks which are usual super expensive.

These beasts can swallow anything, dirt, rocks, spilled water, anything.
>>
Search online for Panasonic, with a bag, preferably an upright (as opposed to canister since you have carpet everywhere). If you do get a canister, it obviously should have a powered brush head.
>>
>>17016708
>Another plus is you don't need paper sacks which are usual super expensive.
Compared to the increased maintenance needs of bagless vacs, bagged models are usually cheaper in the long term. Plus the expensive ones are usually name brand bought in store. You can find compatible off-brand bags online for dirt cheap.

What you're suggesting is pretty overkill for an apartment IMO, unless you usually drag half of the outdoors into your living room.
>>
>>17016715
Once you try this 'overkill' solution, you won't go back.

Don't be afraid of them calling this industrial. That is what they do so they can sell you expensive bags.

Also when your kids spill coca cola over half of your carpet, this can solve it within one minute.

>increased maintenance needs
We have one in our house for 6 years. What are you talking about? The maintenance is just to empty it once a year into trash.
>>
>>17016755
>empty it once a year
So you vacuum Coca Cola up from half of your carpet and let it stew inside of a vacuum canister for months, with the lovely aroma of sour cola and debris filling your home every time you turn it on.

Thank God for OP that you came along.
>>
>>17016795
Nice ad hominem. The fact I may abuse my cleaner doesn't make the fact about it's superiority any less true.

.-)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.