[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a good reason not to live in the worst neighborhood in town?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: File _ courtyard-ghetto.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1059) Image search: [Google]
File _ courtyard-ghetto.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1059
As long as it is close to work, why not live in a cheap apartment?

Benefits include a short commute and cheap rent, easy access to downtown areas, and walkable or bikeable neighborhoods.

I could even buy a cheap place if I want.
>>
Are you okay with crime, vandalism, police sirens at all hours, people soliciting you for all sorts of things, people trying to sell you illegal things, and a general feeling of being unsafe?
>>
Depends on your town. My town is relatively safe, so at worst I might get my car broken into. But in other towns you could get shot or mugged. I'd say no, if you're white you're a walking target.
>>
>>17016504
I used to live next to a giant hospital. Helicopters and ambulance runs went by literally every night.
I slept great.
>>
>>17016585
Okay, now what about the rest?
>>
>>17016498
>walkable or bikeable neighborhoods
If you can walk or bike around the area without fear of being mugged or shot, it can't be that bad. Go for it.
>>
>>17016587
The place where I live now has lots of noise and I hear gunshots daily anyway. Why not move a mile closer to work, sell my cars, and just live cheap?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 649x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 649x387
Obviously you have your mind made up already, so wtf is the point of this thread?
>>
>>17016658
What about the crime? Is there any guarantee you won't come home one day and find that your place has been broken into and they've taken? Is there any guarantee that you won't be mugged on your way home from grocery shopping? If you buy a place, are you okay with spending money on having to clean up or do repairs every time someone vandalises your property?
>>
>>17016664
Everything that I own is replaceable, outside of my life. I don't carry cash or store valuables in my home anyway, so the potential for loss is somewhat preferable to spending 12k per year renting an apartment in a "better" area.

Outside of truly senseless violence, it would be unlikely that I would be out more than a couple of thousands from any act of crime, which is about the deposit on my current apartment.
>>
>>17016498
>Is there a good reason not to live in the worst neighborhood in town?

Do you enjoy being alive and not surrounded basketball americans? Do you like having your front door firmly attached to its hinged, and your windows brick-free? Do you want your apartment to be ventilated by stray bullets from the local crackhouse? Go ahead you retard, it's your life.
>>
>>17016498

depends. i lived in macarthur park for 6 months and literally never ahd any confrontational problems despite using public transport. i didnt have anywhere to eat out or anythign but i was poor as fugg so i didnt do mmuch of htat anyway.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.