[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
new city, how to meet people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: no be quiet.jpg (11 KB, 159x255) Image search: [Google]
no be quiet.jpg
11 KB, 159x255
ive moved to a new city and i dont know anyone here. i have no idea how to meet new people, girls in particular. after reading a lot of these threads, i go outside a lot and just walk around exploring the city, going into random shops and stuff. but that didnt work, i didnt meet anyone that way. can anyone help me with this? i really dont want to carry on living alone, but i dont know how to fix it and i dont have anyone to help me

i work full time but everyone there is much older than me (ie they have families and thats what they do 'after hours'). the house i live in currently has no one else in it. i dont know what to do, any and all advice appreciated

picture is not related
>>
>>17016014
guessing you're a britfag.
What city did you move to?
>>
Try joining some hobby group or find people online.
>>
Join a kickball league or wiffle ball. Sign up for some structured activity that would get young people involved.

Not only is it a good way to meet bros , you can also meet single girls too. Single girls do intramural sport shit like this as a means to meet guys and hookup.

You would be surprised. My best bro I met in wiffle ball and I was just a groomsmen at his wedding to a girl he met in wiffle ball.
>>
>>17016026
how did u know?

cambridge

>>17016034
im trying to stay away from online stuff because ive already wasted so much of my life on there

>>17016051
ok thanks for the ideas, ive never heard of either of those things but ill be on the lookup for some casual sports
>>
>>17016070
I mean online as in find people who are looking for people to do stuff in the real world with. There's plenty of other lonely people out there.
>>
>>17016070
you ever come into london?
I just moved here too.
>>
>>17016074
oh i see, well ive had a terrible experience with online dating so im kind of averse to that stuff. id rather try and do it in the real world

>>17016090
no i try to stay away from london if i can haha
>>
>>17016104
Not online dating. Crimeny dude, there are tons of things online. Meet up isn't s bad site--can find a group for nearly anything--people who want to dine out (but not alone), all sorts of conversation topics, sports, walking, etc. Then you meet all sorts of people, not just girls (but that's a bonus as they will be there).
>>
>>17016115
i will try it out

anyone else?
>>
>>17016014
Go to clubs and talk to girls, be outgoing and nice to people and tell them that you are new in town.
Join a sport team or go top the gym and you will make friendas and will end hanging out with them.
>>
>going into random shops and stuff. but that didnt work

life isn't like video games, where you go into the shop and an npc greets you and gives you a quest. you are the game developer. you have to make your own quests, including writing the cheesy dialog.
"He beautiful, I'm new in town. Where's a good place to eat around here?"
>pizza hole
"Wow, that sounds delicious, what time do you get off work?"
>7:00
"I'll pick you up at 7 sharp, and we'll get us some pizza"
>mmmm, I love a man who knows what he wants
"Wants is my middle name, darling, I'll see you at 7."
>mmmm
>>
>>17016430
your advice sounds more like a video game than what i said
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.