[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to ask a girl to prom as friends. I'd rather do it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 7177934.jpg (10 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
7177934.jpg
10 KB, 275x200
I want to ask a girl to prom as friends. I'd rather do it sooner than later. Is it wrong if I ask her over text? As long as it's just friends, I personally don't see why not. What do you guys think?
>>
>>17015706
Yeah It is fine. I did it with mine and she was also just a friend. It would be more since to do it in person bit otherwise it's cool.
>>
Don't. At least call her.

And why are you asking her just as friends?
>>
>>17015719
I liked her a couple months ago. She only saw me as a friend. Now I'm over her and like another girl but she has a boyfriend, thus why I'm asking her.
>>
>>17015728
Well if I were you I wouldn't ask her at all, I'd go with some other girl, any other girl or alone. But if you really want to ask her at least call her. It's just proper etiquette.
>>
>>17015706
Are you like, actually friends with her?
It's better to plan some shit because girls love that and it contribuetes to the memory.

Like why even bother going to prom if you're not going to go to the Effort of promposing. Commit op
>>
>>17015728
AAAAH WAIT NO

op that's like the worst idea ever.
first of all- let's assume that you're ACUALLY OVER HER and you haven't just deluded yourself into thinking you're over her in order to salvage the friendship.
Her preference is to go with someone who SHE likes. If she doesn't think anyone else will ask her, then she might go with you just to avoid having to go alone- but if she's already rejected you once, she's going to wait until the very end like RIGHT before prom to give you an answer.
And ASSUMING she says yes- you're just going to end up crushing on her again if you go with her to prom and see her all dressed up.

Not a good idea op.
If GIRL A has a BF and is a no go,
And if GIRL B has rejected you in the past,
Then you should look for a GIRL C who is ideally single and mildly interested in you, unlike the other two
>>
>>17015751
Promposing is a load of bullshit. Just a simple "Hey you wanna go to prom?" is fine for me. And yes, we're just friends, as mentioned in >>17015728 We'll certainly plan things out to have a fun evening but we don't need to go overboard.
>>
Are you really so afraid she's going to get swooped up before Monday? Just ask her in person. Or hang out with her this weekend and ask then. This is the easiest thing in the world.
>>
>>17015796
It's not a matter of her getting swooped up as it is prep time.
>>
>>17015769
> mildly interested in you
> interested in you
No girl comes to mind at all. And believe me I've seen her dressed up since then and didn't even flinch. She's also a grade below me so she can't just show up to prom. I'll be fine.
>>
Don't be a pussy talk to her. If she's actually your friend and not some bitch you just have crush on then how hard is it to just talk to her.
>>
>>17015788
Ok- it's a load of bullshit BUT it's bullshit that girls like.
Like it makes a huge difference.
>>
>>17015805
>prep time
It's Saturday. If you wait until you next see her (presumably Monday) it's two whole days. If you go hang out with her tomorrow it's one whole day.

I call such big bullshit on your excuse that it dwarfs Mount Everest.
>>
>>17015845
You're still cruising for a bruising. If you legitimately want to hang out as friends, do something other than prom. Listen to >>17015769.
>>
>>17015845
Eeeeeehhhh- if she can't just go alone and no one else asks her then she might say yes, but she'll likely just run off and spend the night with other people unless she like craves your company (which it doesn't sound like she does).

Are there seriously no other girls you can ask? No one from a different school or something? Try to ask someone who you might actually be able to turn in to a date.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.