[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tell somebody who likes you that you don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: donotwant5.jpg (134 KB, 450x503) Image search: [Google]
donotwant5.jpg
134 KB, 450x503
How do you tell somebody who likes you that you don't want another date? Do you say something, or just not return their calls or text? Let's say you want to let them down easy.
>>
How many dates have you been on, anon?
>>
>he actually is turning women down

Git out, normie scum.
>>
>>17015396
just be honest. Just tell them, hey I enjoyed our time together, but I don't see it working out between us, thanks for <whatever>, good luck with your dating life :)

if you think they're a nice person, leave whatever compliments you feel like are appropriate if any, and you know, personalize that generic statement to your needs.

they'll either be like, thanks you too, ask you why not (which then becomes more awkward, you can just be like, sorry I just didn't feel the chemistry, if they persist, ignore them), or they'll just never respond and won't give you the courtesy you gave them. The risk of them being super creepy that you don't wanna date them is there regardless of whether or not you responded, it's just a decent thing to do as a decent human being to give the courtesy of not cruelly letting them wonder when you'll respond.
>>
>>17015418
same anon here, should have specified, a text will do fine. that's not something you wanna call someone about, that will be way more awkward.

and sooner the better for you both, gets it off your chest and gets it off their mind.
>>
>>17015426
What should I say though? You probably need more information to make more than a general suggestion. The age difference is too much, and she's not as attractive as her picture made it seem. I sent her a recent pic. She thinks I'm hot, but seriously, she's too old for me and also has a physical disability I didn't know about. I don't want to hurt her feelings, because she seems like a nice person but I think I can do better.
I know it sounds prickish to people who can't seem to get a date, but I really do think we're not a good match. I'm looking for someone who might be living in crazytown, but not probably a different generation from me. I can't just say, "You're too old for me". So I'll probably just tell her I'm depressed and changed my mind about being in a relationship, which isn't far from the truth.
>>
>>17015461
Still do what >>17015418 said. If you say you're depressed or not ready to be in a relationship, she'll think she has a chance with you later on. Don't tell her she's too old etc, just thank her for a nice time but say you didn't feel a connection
>>
>>17015515
OK, I think I'll do that. Thanks.
>>
>>17015426
Well, I sent the text, and it wasn't easy but I feel better and now I think we'll both be able to move on. Thanks guys. I'm glad I manned up and actually said something instead of just ignoring her. Maybe next time things will be different.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.