[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get the balls to leave my parents' house without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1456567114626.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1456567114626.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
How do I get the balls to leave my parents' house without telling them? They're about to find out I dropped out of college and lied to them. Yes I feel guilty but I can't tell them. I can't stand seeing them panic but I must to do it, there's no other way. I'm freaking out myself right now. Please help.
>>
BTW I have 2 weeks to leave.
>>
>>17014957
Son, nothings gonna happen. Whyd you drop out of college?
>>
>>17014963
I dropped out because of mental problems. I wanted to tell my parents before dropping out, but they immediately shut me up and told me to "do my best" etc. They never listen to me. So I decided to do it without telling them. I lied a lot and pretended I'm still in college.

In 2 weeks they will find out and I'm doomed. They'll freak out so bad that they'll react violently or maybe even have a heart attack.
>>
Browse for a program from another college that fits your interest. Tell your parents that the 'only' reason you dropped out was because you seriously wanted to got to this college. Your parents will definitely raise some financial issues but the original problem is diverted.

There you go, your second chance at life.
Don't screw it up.
>>
>>17014983
Serves them right. You just don't let anyone budge you. Incidentally, what mental problems?
>>
>>17014995
>Browse for a program from another college that fits your interest. Tell your parents that the 'only' reason you dropped out was because you seriously wanted to got to this college.

Well, I already did that. It's not the question of finances because I'm in Europe where I don't have to pay tuition. But they'll react to me being a lying sack of shit. And they will react extremely. I can't take it and I have to leave.
>>
>>17014996
>Serves them right. You just don't let anyone budge you. Incidentally, what mental problems?

Panic disorder in social settings for the most part. I would start shaking in front of other people and couldn't control myself. Couldn't focus at all.
>>
>>17015015
What I meant is, this is the second time I dropped out. Only this time I didn't tell them for a long time.
>>
>>17015015

No no running away will make you the guilty person, stick with the different college angle to the very end, you need to divert the problem at hand. How can you get this far at lying without getting the fundamentals right??

Besides you'll be fine, there are worse things in life than being yelled at by your parents. At least you got parents that still cares...
>>
>>17015051
>No no running away will make you the guilty person, stick with the different college angle to the very end
As I said, I already did this once. At that moment they were highly suspicious, thinking I wanted to escape responsibilities and not actually going to a different college. If I do this again, there is ZERO chance they will believe me this time.

>Besides you'll be fine, there are worse things in life than being yelled at by your parents

I'm not that concerned about the yelling part, more about the aftermath. Knowing my parents, they can and will react in some extreme ways that I don't even want to witness. Like dad drinking himself into a coma or mom being sent to the hospital, etc.
>>
>>17015078
>If I do this again, there is ZERO chance they will believe me this time.
Then show them that you don't lie this time, confronts them before the finds out. You still got the Panic disorder thing to fall back on as support to your college angle.

Heck who am I kidding, I think you rather make things worse by running away than face them head on. Just made sure you got a few hundred euros and then crash at a friends house until the dust is settled. It should take around 3 to 4 weeks for your parents to calm down after hearing the bad news. I got a feeling that your parents won't disowned you or anything.
>>
>>17015051

I almost dropped out of school back in college and my dad flew to the city I lived in, found out where my friend's place was that I was trying to hide from him in, kicked in their fucking door (he bought them a new one but needless to say we weren't friends after) and kicked my ass.

There's a lot worse than mommy and daddy yelling at you when this sort of thing goes down.
>>
>>17015181

I forgot to make my point - telling him I wanted to go to another school did not help whatsoever and some parents are just irrational and myopic.

Getting my ass kicked paled in comparison to the absolute life ruining shit my mom pulled right after.
>>
>>17015185
>Getting my ass kicked paled in comparison to the absolute life ruining shit my mom pulled right after.

like what?
>>
>>17015150
>You still got the Panic disorder thing to fall back on as support to your college angle
They don't believe I had it. They wouldn't even listen to me. They just told me to shut up and be myself, that kind of things.

>crash at a friends house until the dust is settled
I already know where to go and it's hundreds of miles away. And coming back is absolutely not an option. But the thought of it is mortifying.
>>
>>17015291

She tanked my credit by signing me up for a bunch of credit cards with a forced signature, stole my car (that I paid for), burned the vast majority of my clothes, told my grandparents I'd gotten into hard drugs and to stay away from me, tried to unenroll me from college (ironically, since that's what she was mad about in the first place), threatened to divorce my dad and take him for everything he was worth (she had divorced him before), threatened to down a whole bottle of pills and kill herself if I didn't do what she said (she had done this before as well).

Needless to say my mom is on medication now for her disorder. :)
>>
>>17015314
Jesus. And what did you do after? Did you get out of it?
>>
>>17014983
>I wanted to tell my parents before dropping out, but they immediately shut me up and told me to "do my best" etc.
>They'll freak out so bad that they'll react violently or maybe even have a heart attack.
>>17015078
>Knowing my parents, they can and will react in some extreme ways that I don't even want to witness. Like dad drinking himself into a coma or mom being sent to the hospital, etc.
First of all, don't let the anxiety get the better of you. This is anxious thinking. Believe me, i know.
And yes, they'll get angry, but it's their own goddamn fault for ignoring the problem for so long.
They need a wake-up call, and this is it.

>>17015027
This is treatable, are you getting any help?
Most unis have an on-campus mental health department for exactly this kind of situation.

>>17015312
>They don't believe I had it. They wouldn't even listen to me. They just told me to shut up and be myself, that kind of things.
I'm sorry anon, but your parents are fucking retarded. They refuse to believe that their perfect child could have any problems whatsoever, and that they raised you perfectly and tried your best, and there's no way you could have any mental issues, and so on. I've seen it before. They won't understand until they get a shock like this, or even worse.

>>17015312
>I already know where to go and it's hundreds of miles away. And coming back is absolutely not an option. But the thought of it is mortifying.
Stop and think about this. What is your plan? Describe it in detail. Where you're going, what you're going to do there, how long you'll stay, how you'll pay for it, etc.
>>
>>17015327

Well, my mom having a psychotic break kinda put my dad on my side to some degree. I went to therapy for my anxiety and I was able to work out finishing my degree and keeping my scholarship with the university by completing the rest of my degree online.

After I got out of college I was in a job that I couldn't stand in retail, and my mom told me I could never leave it, because "real adults" only have one job when they graduate and don't give up on their employers. Eventually I ended up quitting, she had another psychotic break, did a lot of the same stuff, tried to kill my friend's dog (wtf) and the cops finally got called on her, and she had to stop or be put in jail. I spent a few months homeless and gathered up some shitty debt trying to stay afloat.

I have a nice car, house, and a successful career as a corporate marketing executive for a Fortune 200 company now, so wahoo.

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP, hopefully you can fight your anxiety. Tell your parents you need professional help. It helped me.
>>
>>17015376
I've treated the panic disorder now, but it's too late.

My plan is good, don't worry about it. I just don't know how to approach leaving home. I'm terrified both because it's a new thing, and of my parents' reaction. And it's not just the anxious thinking, it's knowing them. I know they'll lose it. And I dread that moment, not to mention the guilt that will follow. I don't know how I'll live with myself.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.